Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

GT5

Mevvem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Mevvem

There are many things i'd like to say about GT5, and it's a great game! But maybe a bit too "great"? 
    To quote Jeremy Clarkson on some car he talked about. "It's like Scarlet Johanson, it's so pretty that you wouldn't know what to do with it, you'd rather just sit back and admire it". 

And i think thats the problem, its so pretty and well made, its Jay Leno's wet dream, but in terms of pure fun, it never quite reaches where Forza 3 took its franchise with Community services such as marketplace where you can sell cars, setups etc.  
    This also made Forza more approchable for the masses i think since you could just buy a good setup, a cool paint job of a lolcat and be the most casual racer ever, in a quite passionate racing game. 

I think the decals in Forza added loads of personality aswell. 

So as of now i am really enjoying GT5, but its got a job to do. It should get some tattoo's and piercings before having a knife fight with Forza, and the GT5 that emerges will be fantastic =P 

Mevvem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mevvem

There are many things i'd like to say about GT5, and it's a great game! But maybe a bit too "great"? 
    To quote Jeremy Clarkson on some car he talked about. "It's like Scarlet Johanson, it's so pretty that you wouldn't know what to do with it, you'd rather just sit back and admire it". 

And i think thats the problem, its so pretty and well made, its Jay Leno's wet dream, but in terms of pure fun, it never quite reaches where Forza 3 took its franchise with Community services such as marketplace where you can sell cars, setups etc.  
    This also made Forza more approchable for the masses i think since you could just buy a good setup, a cool paint job of a lolcat and be the most casual racer ever, in a quite passionate racing game. 

I think the decals in Forza added loads of personality aswell. 

So as of now i am really enjoying GT5, but its got a job to do. It should get some tattoo's and piercings before having a knife fight with Forza, and the GT5 that emerges will be fantastic =P 

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By StressedOutCat

Wel lets just hope GT6 doesnt take as long as it took them to make GT5
    and hopefully they will implement some of those features... 

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

I made a sweet replica Ice Cube logo for my audi, and then sold it and made money. Does GT5 feature this kind of community store?

Mevvem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mevvem
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    "I made a sweet replica Ice Cube logo for my audi, and then sold it and made money. Does GT5 feature this kind of community store? "

Sadly it does not.
    CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CaLe

I'd love to see the best of both worlds and have Turn 10 merge with PD to make the ultimate simulation racing game, but that's never gonna happen! Anyway, as Kaz told eurogamer..

"  "Today is not the finale. Today is only the beginning of a new era for Gran Turismo," the series creator insisted that his team's work on the project was far from complete.   "

Hopefully patches and updates/dlc will improve on the games online features.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By deanoxd

i would know exactly what i would do to and with Scarlet Johanson and sitting back admiring her isn't one of them. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
    @DeanoXD said:
    " i would know exactly what i would do to and with Scarlet Johanson and sitting back admiring her isn't one of them.  "
    Well spoken brother, well spoken.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Red12b

I read somewhere on these boards I think it was eroticfishcake, and I totally agree with him,  

GT 5 is James May 
    Forza is Jezza 

Absolutely outstanding, 

I would also add, GRID is The hamster....you can crash into a wall at high speed and then rewind it back together, and his teeth will be whiter!

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Red12b: so apparently i'm a grid guy
    markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By markini6

Some parts of this game ain't so pretty. I'm looking at a Honda civic in my garage at the moment and goddamn UGH!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.