Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

GT5, Biggest game launch in 5 years.

• 75 results
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

I am literally counting down the seconds until it comes out.  

Have not felt like this about a game since MGS4.  But this is like MGS4 times ten.  

Its like a member of my family has been gone for along time and is finally coming home.  (and I owe them $100)

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hero_swe

"Real Driving Simulator" 

The first time I heard that subtitle I think I cramped up my stomache laughing, still makes me giggle everytime I read it.
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Devil240Z
    @Hero_Swe said:
    " "Real Driving Simulator"   The first time I heard that subtitle I think I cramped up my stomache laughing, still makes me giggle everytime I read it. "  
    Do you use public transportation? 
    hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hero_swe
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @Hero_Swe said:
    " "Real Driving Simulator"   The first time I heard that subtitle I think I cramped up my stomache laughing, still makes me giggle everytime I read it. "  
    Do you use public transportation?  "

Only when I'm too lazy to drive my Koenigsegg
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Devil240Z
    @Hero_Swe said:
    " @Devil240Z said:
    " @Hero_Swe said:
    Only when I'm too lazy to drive my Koenigsegg "
    I will take that as a yes. If you don't understand cars then you cant appreciate a game like GT. For me not being behind the wheel of a fast car is equivalent to being dead. Even now I wish I were racing. 
    Kaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Kaspar
    @Devil240Z:  I'm thinking a lot of people have been this excited for a lot of games.
    hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hero_swe
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @Hero_Swe said:
    " @Devil240Z said:
    " @Hero_Swe said:
    I will take that as a yes. If you don't understand cars then you cant appreciate a game like GT. For me not being behind the wheel of a fast car is equivalent to being dead. Even now I wish I were racing.  "

Actually I can appriciate it, it's just a shame that they themselves think it is "THE real driving simulator" if you know what I mean. Sure, not everyone has a G25/G27 and a good computer to play rFactor or GTR 2 or any other real sim on the pc.

What's worse is people actually believing it is the best driving sim out there.
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Devil240Z
    @Kaspar said:
    " @Devil240Z:  I'm thinking a lot of people have been this excited for a lot of games. "
    you're probably right. But this game speaks to people like me like not other game can speak to anyone else. People who love cars. For a car loving gamer its the pinnacle of everything. Only topped by actually replicating what happens in game for real. 
    ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By ptys

Good on you man, I remember the month leading up to Mass Effect 2 I couldn't contain my excitement! All I wanted to talk about was ME this and ME that. Gran Turismo looks great, probably too advanced for me as I found GT3 a struggle. I'll see how it reviews.

Kaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kaspar
    @Devil240Z:  Seeing enthusiasm like yours makes me think all isn't lost in this world :P
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Devil240Z
    @Hero_Swe said:
    " @Devil240Z said:
    " @Hero_Swe said:
    " @Devil240Z said:
    " @Hero_Swe said:
    I will take that as a yes. If you don't understand cars then you cant appreciate a game like GT. For me not being behind the wheel of a fast car is equivalent to being dead. Even now I wish I were racing.  "
    Actually I can appriciate it, it's just a shame that they themselves think it is "THE real driving simulator" if you know what I mean. Sure, not everyone has a G25/G27 and a good computer to play rFactor or GTR 2 or any other real sim on the pc. What's worse is people actually believing it is the best driving sim out there. "
    Agreed. But some people want a game. All of those sims are lacking a narrative. Something that games like GT and Forza have. For what GT does it does it best. iRacing and the like do realism but miss the game bit. I go amateur racing events every weekend thats something that the hardcore sims cant live up to.
    hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hero_swe
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @Hero_Swe said:
    " @Devil240Z said:
    " @Hero_Swe said:
    " @Devil240Z said:
    " @Hero_Swe said:
    Actually I can appriciate it, it's just a shame that they themselves think it is "THE real driving simulator" if you know what I mean. Sure, not everyone has a G25/G27 and a good computer to play rFactor or GTR 2 or any other real sim on the pc. What's worse is people actually believing it is the best driving sim out there. "
    Agreed. But some people want a game. All of those sims are lacking a narrative. Something that games like GT and Forza have. For what GT does it does it best. iRacing and the like do realism but miss the game bit. I go amateur racing events every weekend thats something that the hardcore sims cant live up to. "

Well, they can. You just have to become a part of a community (not that hard really) and participate in whatever event they carry. It's really not all that hard and you'll have a better experience, coupling it with something like teamspeak or ventrilo.
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Devil240Z
    @ptys: I was pretty psyched for ME2 as well. (well after it came out and I got around to playing ME1, Then I was super psyched. Also, if you werent into GT3 you might not love GT5, but who knows. I cant wait to see what the reviews say, mainly to see how many GOTY awards GT gets. At minimum all of europe will give it GOTY, The US is much more critical about how long development has taken. Even though they forget that every GT has been like this. I guess reviewers are just too used to games like COD coming yearly. 

@Kaspar: Shit I just need something keeping me from speeding during the week while i am not on the track. 
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By sagesebas
    @Devil240Z: It took me awhile to get into 3, but of what I played it is fun, especially the rally car stuff
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Devil240Z
    @sagesebas said:
    " @Devil240Z: It took me awhile to get into 3, but of what I played it is fun, especially the rally car stuff "
    Man Rally is my main. Love it. can't wait for the infinite rally mode in GT5. 
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By yoctoyotta

I'm not saying GT5 is the best racing sim around, but boy do I love their particular way with things. Even Forza 3--which I think is a great game--still doesn't scratch the same itch for me. After playing Forza 3 and realizing I didn't feel my normal levels of compulsion I have with the GT games, I was so concerned that I lost my love for the racing genre that I booted up GT4 again on the PS2 and ended up putting 60 hours into it, this after probably spending 150 with it the first time around. I'm pretty confident GT5 is going to be exactly what I'm looking for structurally, and it looks pretty as hell to boot.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Raymayne

Forza 3 is infinitely better and already out. GT5 is guaranteed to disappoint, games with such long dev cycles always do.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Devil240Z
    @YoctoYotta: You're 100% right, I got an S rank in Forza 3 and was disappointed with the experience. Played GT4 again and loved it. Hell I even loved Playing through GT5P again.  

@Raymayne: You're 100% wrong. GT always has long dev cycles and ALWAYS lives up to expectations. 
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Binman88

Yep, same for me. Can't wait.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Devil240Z

29 Days left. 

Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Chubbaluphigous
    @Raymayne: Troll much
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By yakov456
    @Raymayne
    Forza 3 is infinitely better and already out. GT5 is guaranteed to disappoint, games with such long dev cycles always do.
    Go away greeny, not even out yet and you say another game is better.

On the subject, this is the biggest game launch for me since GTA4. This month is going to be LONG.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By animateria
    @Devil240Z said:
    " 29 Days left.  "
    Fuck, I was pretty calm about all of this but now you're putting pressure on my usually calm hype meter.

I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack.
    MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MisterChief

I wonder how many million this game has to sell to break even.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#25  Edited By MightyDuck

I'm psyched for GT5.  I absolutely loved GT3.  It took some time to get into, but once I did I enjoyed it.  I liked it more then 4, oddly enough.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Devil240Z
    @MisterChief said:
    " I wonder how many million this game has to sell to break even. "
    I don't think it has to break even. 
    MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MisterChief
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @MisterChief said:
    I don't think it has to break even.  "
    If you want there to be a GT6 then it does....
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By mikemcn

Does GT 5 have a corolla?

I just Bought one, and since legally  I cant actually see how fast I can make it's 4 Cylinder engine go, i'd like to find an alternative method of testing it.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Devil240Z
    @MisterChief said:
    " @Devil240Z said:
    " @MisterChief said:
    I don't think it has to break even.  "
    If you want there to be a GT6 then it does.... "  
      Missing the point. 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30  Edited By KaosAngel
    @GetWhatYagive said:
    " I'm psyched for GT5.  I absolutely loved GT3.  It took some time to get into, but once I did I enjoyed it.  I liked it more then 4, oddly enough. "
    I think everyone liked GT3 over GT4, for me it was the loading.  The loading in GT4 killed me.  :(
    skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By skunk

I'm super hyped for this release! Been warming up the wheel with some GT Legends. Also, GT was meant to be played with a wheel so if you have access to one, definitely check it out.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mikeeegeee
    @Mikemcn: Oooh! Or an '86 4Runner??

I've never been able to get into any sort of driving sim game. I think the closest I've ever come to enjoying a semi-realistic take on driving was GTA IV if that says anything :P

The whole tweaking and tuning aspect goes way over my head. Though I imagine if you're a gearhead, the game must speak pretty intimately to you. Still waiting on that game that incorporates painting, creation, and drumming...
    MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#33  Edited By MightyDuck
    @KaosAngel:  You might be right.  I also just enjoyed the menus, UI, etc of GT3 for some reason.  It seemed a bit more cleaner.  Whereas GT4 gave you the ability to pretty much go anywhere from one menu correct?  It was kind of like a giant map, so to speak.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By EpicSteve

I want a new Burnout game.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KaosAngel
    @GetWhatYagive: Yeah, it was a big ass map that did everything from one career menu.  GT5 is doing the same thing EVERYTHING.  The Rally, F1, NASCAR, etc...I hope the 10 gig install isn't big on the loading. 

If loading is bad for GT5, I bet you anything people will bitch about it to no end.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By animateria
    @KaosAngel:  

I don't remember being pained over the loading on GT4... Was it that bad? (I played quite a bit of it on my PS3 so that might have colored my memories on the PS2)

I did hate the whole world map thing though, I like my structure like GT3.
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Burns098356GX

I doubt its the biggest game launch in FIVE years, especially when you consider all the huge games that have come out in the last year or two itself. Plus a driving sim definatly doesn't appeal to a big group.

Forza 3 was pretty good, but I think GT5 will be better. Graphically you can't even compare them, GT looks amazing. Forza had some shading issues that made the metal cars appear plastic-y. I'm pretty sure I'm going to re-buy a PS3 for this game. My one concern with this game is the sound, I played GT-Prologue and I found the sound to be horrible, like they ripped sounds from like GT3 or 4 and put them in. The tire screech sounded terrible, alot of the engines sounded dull. But I'm sure that just something they put in for Prologue because the retail stuff wasn't done.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Burns098356GX: GT5 is Sony's only game this holiday season.  They pushed back LBP2 just to give GT5 space, trust me...GT5 will be Sony's biggest game since the launch of the PS2. 

Europe and Japan will go apeshit for this game, and the hype train will just explode in the coming weeks. 

There is officially less than a month left. 

GT5 is the biggest game of 2010.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By JoelTGM
    @Devil240Z said:
    " 29 Days left.  "
    woah are you joking?  That is soon.  It's gonna be awesome.
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Devil240Z
    @Burns098356GX: Its big enough to have a midnight launch at my local game store. 

@KaosAngel: This guy gets it.  

@DOUBLESHOCK: If my maths are correct. 
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By scarace360

Man i remember counting down the seconds for sf4. it was great.

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By ObsideonDarman
    @yakov456 said:
    " On the subject, this is the biggest game launch for me since GTA4. This month is going to be LONG. "  
    You're right there!
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ObsideonDarman said:
    " @yakov456 said:
    " On the subject, this is the biggest game launch for me since GTA4. This month is going to be LONG. "  
    You're right there! "
    The NDA for Reviews breaks open on the 27th, so that should ease it.  Hopefully a guy gets it early from the factory and has YouTube vids all over.  But yeah, this month is gonna be fucking long.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#44  Edited By rjayb89

I've been dreaming of driving in a fast car on television while sitting down naked on my couch.  Can't wait for this to see the light of day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't really felt super excited for a game in years, if Timesplitters 4 were to come out then I might.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Devil240Z
    @Bucketdeth said:

" I haven't really felt super excited for a game in years, if Timesplitters 4 were to come out then I might. "

Damn them for making that bomb of a game haze. Should have stuck with Timesplitters. 
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dalai

I consider Gran Turismo 4 as one of the best games ever, but it's a game that went WAY over my head. GT5 will probably be similar... awesome, but too overwhelming for me.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Dalai said:
    " I consider Gran Turismo 4 as one of the best games ever, but it's a game that went WAY over my head. GT5 will probably be similar... awesome, but too overwhelming for me. "
    Just wondering but did you like B-Spec and whatnot?  I found GT4 flooded with stuff, and got overwhelmed at times, plus the loading killed me.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#49  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Devil240Z: MW2 was a bigger launch event and it happened last year....unless I don't understand the title of this thread.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Devil240Z said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:

" I haven't really felt super excited for a game in years, if Timesplitters 4 were to come out then I might. "

Damn them for making that bomb of a game haze. Should have stuck with Timesplitters.  "
    Yeah agreed man, or maybe they could have actually made Haze good, not sure how they went from making fucking awesome games to steaming pile of shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.