Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

GT5 second day impressions

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Cops like donuts.
    Cops like donuts.
    Graphics don't bother anymore, unless I am looking at a replay on narrow shadowy track or  a race in the rain. However the lack of oomph from the audio is getting really annoying. I will try to play more with home theater's audio options tomorrow. 
    I have noticed few thing that were in GT4 that are now missing. Nitrous, quarter mile drag strips and ability to fast forward time in replay and b-spec mode seem to be gone - why, I don't know. But without ablity to fast forward - B-spec mode is even more useless than it was in GT4. 
    I am really digging how "normal" cars have power to pull some moves (like donuts) that were nearly impossible in GT4.  I have been mainly racing special events, testing different cars on the Top Gear track and trying to get all golds on the first few licenses. Strongest overall feeling after day 2 is confusion: what is fun and where in here can I find most of it?  Why the hell someone picked this music?!!

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cops like donuts.
    Cops like donuts.
    Graphics don't bother anymore, unless I am looking at a replay on narrow shadowy track or  a race in the rain. However the lack of oomph from the audio is getting really annoying. I will try to play more with home theater's audio options tomorrow. 
    I have noticed few thing that were in GT4 that are now missing. Nitrous, quarter mile drag strips and ability to fast forward time in replay and b-spec mode seem to be gone - why, I don't know. But without ablity to fast forward - B-spec mode is even more useless than it was in GT4. 
    I am really digging how "normal" cars have power to pull some moves (like donuts) that were nearly impossible in GT4.  I have been mainly racing special events, testing different cars on the Top Gear track and trying to get all golds on the first few licenses. Strongest overall feeling after day 2 is confusion: what is fun and where in here can I find most of it?  Why the hell someone picked this music?!!

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PillClinton

Don't forget no Green Hell!  That's a huge bummer for me.  I don't want two little mini tracks with the same name!  Gimme the original!  Goddamnit, Polyphony! 

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShaneDev

I was going to get this game but after seeing and hearing so much negative or meh stuff about the game I will probably stick to Forza and pick this up when its cheaper.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Binman88

My one major complaint is the lack of fast-forward and rewind for replays. I've probably mentioned this about ten times now, but it's such a glaring omission. Loving everything else though.

Sirico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sirico

patches and dlc, patches and dlc it'l all be ok with...

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xyzygy
    @sirico said:
    " patches and dlc, patches and dlc it'l all be ok with... "
    I don't think you can just patch these problems.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By PufferFiz
    @xyzygy said:
    " @sirico said:
    I don't think you can just patch these problems. "
    you must be new to modern video games.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xyzygy
    @PufferFiz said:

" @xyzygy said:

" @sirico said:

you must be new to modern video games. "

I thought patches mainly affect game's code, and doesn't change things like models and things that are copied on the game disc. So for instance, you'd be able to patch the A.I. if there was something wrong with it, but things like how ugly the standard cars look you wouldn't be able to.

Another example, you wouldn't be able to patch the textures in a game but you can patch how quickly they load. For console games I mean. I know that pretty much everything is patchable on PC because you have direct access to all the files of the game. Kind of like how mods work.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PufferFiz
    @xyzygy said:
    " @PufferFiz said:

" @xyzygy said:

" @sirico said:

you must be new to modern video games. "

I thought patches mainly affect game's code, and doesn't change things like models and things that are copied on the game disc. So for instance, you'd be able to patch the A.I. if there was something wrong with it, but things like how ugly the standard cars look you wouldn't be able to.

Another example, you wouldn't be able to patch the textures in a game but you can patch how quickly they load. For console games I mean. I know that pretty much everything is patchable on PC because you have direct access to all the files of the game. Kind of like how mods work.

"
    no those things can be changed, the first thing that the disk does is check for a title update, that update overrides disk code, that is why when you put in a disk in a offline console it goes back to the original state.  So if they sent out a patch that contained a SD car that overrides one on the disk that is possible. now WILL they do it that is a whole another story.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xyzygy
    @PufferFiz:
    Yeah, you're right. And then there is the issue of the size of the update.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PufferFiz
    @xyzygy said:
    " @PufferFiz:Yeah, you're right. And then there is the issue of the size of the update. "
    tell me about it.. Have my ps3 set up on wireless since I don't have an extra ethernet port. So any update over 50mb I have to switch it out with an another device just to download stuff.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EVO
    @charlie_victor_bravo said:
    " what is fun and where in here can I find most of it? "
    Go karts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.