Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

GT5 Tuning Thread

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Red12b

Hey,  

Just thought that we could share some ideas on sharing tuning tips 

So, yeah, what are your builds? 

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Red12b
    @100_Hertz:  
    Gotta love that toe
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @100_Hertz: Since GT5 is supposed to be all sim like, then shouldn't the set ups just be good set ups in general? Sure not being able to individually set the gear ratios kinda sucks, but camber angles, ride height, spring settings and stuff should be all the same and work the same. 
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @100_Hertz: Nope, as far as I have read it never unlocks.  Hopefully they'll patch it in later but... meh.  I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone have any good tunes for the FGT?  I've been messing around trying to fight the massive oversteer I get at lower speeds but haven't had much luck.  This is my current setup:

Aero 70/90
    Trans 242 Mph
    LSD 15/45/55
    Height 5/5
    Spring 17.4/17.5
    Extension 8/8
    Compression 6/6
    Roll Bars 7/7
    Camber 2.0/1.0
    Toe 0.00/-0.20
    Brakes 4/1
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @100_Hertz: I only notice the lack of suspension setting change if I set the car ride so low that is just kinda bottoms out. To test it out, I'm gonna to look up the old settings from gt4 on cars that can do a wheelie and see if its repeatable in GT5.  
    Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Sander

For front wheel drive cars the first thing I do is lower the LSD to minimum and give it -0.10 rear toe. This is to combat the natural understeer front drive cars have. 

I don't find tuning all that fun but when it leads to winning, it's a great time. Most cars are fine without a tune, which is a good thing because racing online is incredibly fun because it's so close and competitive(and the addition of the PP system has made it even closer).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.