Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Historic Racing Car Cup Problem

Blaze4Life86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blaze4Life86

I'm having an issue with the Historic Car Cup competition, the requirements here being a car built in 1979 or below. For some reason it isn't allowing me to use the Buick Special 1962, yet it allows me to select it in the garage option after filtering for the specific competition. There are no restrictions on the tyres so I know that isn't the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

lutonhatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By lutonhatter
    @Blaze4Life86:
    While the Buick was originally made in '62 the Buick Special isn't considered eligible, probably something to do with the crazy mad upgrades made to it. 
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Devil240Z
    @Blaze4Life86:
    The buick cant win anyway. You need a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car. Yes its 20,000,000CR...
    lutonhatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lutonhatter
    @Devil240Z:
    Well I suppose you could, the Toyota 7 is more than good enough and it is a gift for winning a B-Spec race, the Cobra can win some of those races as well which you also get as a B-Spec gift.
    Blaze4Life86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blaze4Life86

Cheers guys, maybe I shouldn't have ignored the B-Spec.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Bouke

Just use the Toyota 7 Race car...

F_14_D_TOMCAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By F_14_D_TOMCAT
    @LutonHatter: 

Where do I buy the Toyota 7 race car, coz I've been scouring the used car list like crazy but I've yet to see it for sale. 

Man the 7 race has been kicking my a$$ so hard in the historic race that I even abandoned that race completely coz hell it even kicked a$$ of my Audi R-10 TDi Le Man race car in the extreme series (but I fixed that with a stage 3 Turbo kit and the Diesel TDi is now king) but I realised if a 3 time 24 hour le Man winner of 2006 to 2008 is defeated by the 7 then my Countach has zero hope of beating it. 

My only hope is to get the 7 but its still very ellusive so help me out guys, which B-spec race will I get it at ?
    Am doing B-spec but not very seriously, am still on begginner series but my driver is level 5 so I should be able to complete beginer series soon.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Binman88
    @F_14_D_TOMCAT: It's a prize for the Like the Wind B-spec event in the Extreme series. Someone might be nice enough to add you on PSN and lend the car to you (using the "share online" thing) to help you complete the event instead. I would, but can't use my PS3 for a while (probably wouldn't be able to post it up for sharing until tomorrow). If you don't mind waiting, or someone hasn't lent the car to you in the mean time, add me on PSN and send me a reminder tomorrow and I'll add it to my shared list. My PSN ID is Binman-88.
    F_14_D_TOMCAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By F_14_D_TOMCAT
    @Binman88:
    Thanks duude, my psn id is FA-18_E_HORNET.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AlexW00d

I played the stupid Facebook GT game because it gave me a code for the Jag XJ13 and I used that. I had to upgrade it some though. It's a really fun car to drive as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.