Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

I just got logitech driving force GT

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iam3green

i just bought it for gran turismo 5. it is just alright. i think it made the game a lot harder than using a controller. it took me a long time to get use to the wheel and it took me a couple of times to finally win a race using the 69 corvette for a classic race.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Dude, put it on the max FF, and go in a straight line. 

Just very slightly turn the wheel with a finger and watch the wheel go nuts.  Your arms will get a workout, it's fun.  :) 

Enjoy,

Avatar image for shadowknight508
    ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ShadowKnight508

I have the same wheel (I purchased it back in 2009 for NASCAR '09, but I use it on GT5 nowadays) as well. Couldn't afford the G27 Wheel, but for the price, the GT was good enough for me xD

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iam3green
    @KaosAngel:  i noticed it goes crazy. i'm hoping i get use to it by the time the 24 hour race comes.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Dude, put it on the max FF, and go in a straight line.  Just very slightly turn the wheel with a finger and watch the wheel go nuts.  Your arms will get a workout, it's fun.  :)  Enjoy, "
    yea i just got it too aaaand im loving it. i never owned a racing wheel before, let alone a decent one. and the last race sim i played seriously was forza 1 so im havng a great time with GT5. im all about the thrustmaster now lol. one day i'll get a top tier wheel
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive
    also, how old are you? 
     its a like controlling a real life steering wheel. do you have a license?
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iam3green
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " also, how old are you?  its a like controlling a real life steering wheel. do you have a license? "
    i don't think they are the same. it feels weird compared to real driving. i have my license. i drive a scion tc.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @iam3green said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " also, how old are you?  its a like controlling a real life steering wheel. do you have a license? "
    i don't think they are the same. it feels weird compared to real driving. i have my license. i drive a scion tc. "
      well i dunno but i doubt you ever drove faster than 100mph before. i understand the vibration from the controller is a little wierd but the resistance and the force feedback it gives you when you lose traction or bump another car is great. i think it has more to do with the fact that you only feel the controller, if you could feel the entire car in your seat it would be way better

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.