Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

LIVE Gran Turismo 5 Stream NOW over at GB's Chat!

AllanIceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By AllanIceman
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MiniPato

Caught it, dropped it.

To many fucking trolls, most of whom signed up just today when the stream was announced. I'd rather watch a non-stream quality chatroomless quick look.

Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By White_Silhouette
    @MiniPato said:
    " Caught it, dropped it.  To many fucking trolls, most of whom signed up just today when the stream was announced. I'd rather watch a non-stream quality chatroomless quick look. "
    Same hear. The issues with the lack of install and load times some what of an issue when doing a live quicklook. The whole lack of internet thing was annoying. If that is in fact repeatable issues with the game it should be in a review. However if the setup is something else it sours the room.

All the trolls and anti-trolls were making it annoying too. I'm not a huge fan, but very curious about the game. The constant bitching back and forth was annoying.
    ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By ez123
    @MiniPato said:
    " Caught it, dropped it.  To many fucking trolls, most of whom signed up just today when the stream was announced. I'd rather watch a non-stream quality chatroomless quick look. "
    ...ignore it or go to justin tv and hide chat.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By benpack
    @ez123 said:
    " @MiniPato said:
    ...ignore it or go to justin tv and hide chat. "
    Seriously. Just don't read the chat.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

I only saw the ending :(

Why didn't they put something about this thing on the front page? Seriously

AllanIceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AllanIceman

Ok Duders, it's over!
    Catch the Quick Look when it goes up on the site later.

Kibblez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Kibblez

That ending literally had me lolling like never before. I loved the quick immediacy of it and then the Ryan 'gesture' with Jeff giving his 'oh, but of course!' reaction...it  had me in stitches.

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Bigrhyno
    @GlenTennis said:
    " @ez123 said:
    " @MiniPato said:
    ...ignore it or go to justin tv and hide chat. "
    Seriously. Just don't read the chat. "
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By EuanDewar
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By fox01313

Agreed, just go to justin.tv & hit hide chat as the internet is proving that there's a majority of jerks out there.  

After watching this, am I the only one that was expecting in the first intro to see some weird hybrid of an indy racer & a grand piano going down the road?

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Red12b

ahaha 

And go watch the screening room
    What are the screening room doing?  
    Ahhh, troll 2? 
    Fuck me! no don't watch that... 
     Well actually do watch them watch that... 

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By SquirrelGOD

...Jesus jumping christ.  That was the single most boring thing this website has ever produced.  Not even Jeff and Ryan being Jeff and Ryan could keep me from actually nodding off at one point.  People actually ENJOY this type of game?!  People were okay waiting this long for THIS particular one?!  And I thought the JRPG fans were weird.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By emem

Just watched it, but I don't know.. I can't "work" with quick looks that make fun of a game before even starting it, especially when I like that game. There are people who don't enjoy driving cars like they actually drive in real life, because it's boring for them, but that's the way GT plays. I really hope whoever reviews the game (probably Jeff) will use a steering wheel and give it a chance. I've been playing it for 2 days now and I pretty much love everything about it except the loading times. It really feels like you are driving a real car.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By alternate
    @emem said:
    " Just watched it, but I don't know.. I can't "work" with quick looks that make fun of a game before even starting it, especially when I like that game.
    Really.  I guess you can't laugh at yourself either.  Don't take everything so seriously.
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By Cincaid

Oh, boo hoo. I saw just as many idiots who ripped on GT5 as those who ripped on anyone who didn't praise it to the skies. It was really childish behavior yesterday from both sides. All I wrote in chat was "Hello fellow Giantbombers!", and emidiatly someone told me to "stfu green poster" (referring to my Xbox-green nametag), and needless to say I just stopped trying after that.

I can understand if some were moody because the game they've been waiting for five years was being made fun of in the Live QL, but seriously just think before you write next time. So what if Ryan and Jeff was poking fun of it? It was obviously not a very smooth menusystem that more or less demand that you install the 8gig game beforehand to not suffer from minutes of loadingscreens everywhere. If you already have the game and enjoy it, what do you care if Ryan and Jeff crack a few jokes between the loadingscreens? And seriously, how often have we even seen a game being treated to a Live QL before?

Now let's all go back to being friends again and insult each other less.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By emem
    @alternate said:
    " @emem said:
    " Just watched it, but I don't know.. I can't "work" with quick looks that make fun of a game before even starting it, especially when I like that game.
    Really.  I guess you can't laugh at yourself either.  Don't take everything so seriously. "
    Comments like that always make me smile. It's alright. ;)
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Bouke
    @CrazyChris:
    Actually even after installing the game; the menu's still take forever, because of the network being slow as ****! Sony and PD solution is to NOT have your internet connected! Nice job! 

I was really looking forward to this game; but just like Jeff said its a competent driving game, not a new standard. People that are bashing the game AND people defending it should just shut up!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.