Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Making money in GT5?

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KimChi4U

So, I've just started playing some GT5 and I've noticed that I've already made a mistake in my car choices. I chose a Hyundai Tiberon as my beginning car (my Korean wife was looking over my shoulder and tsking as I was looking at that honda civic) and I don't seem to be eligible for many of the races. I need to get some cash going to pick up something I can compete in. I've already done the kart racing and sunk that money into my tiberon. I tried to do the Kart race again and didn't get anything for it. Can races be repeated for cash? 

If not, I might be, um, screwed. 

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I'm pretty certain races can be repeated.

lutonhatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lutonhatter
    @KimChi4U:
    The Special Events only payout the once. Every thing else that pays out is repeatable. If you really get stuck, you can always ask to borrow one on the cars of the people in the car sharing thread.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Bouke
    @KimChi4U: Man if you want i can sent you a Honda Civic right now! I've two; one i bought as the starter and i won another one. 

I know what you mean though; if you buy the wrong car you are screwed! I did the same thing; after winning the first races and some of the special events i bought my second car that wasn't competative at all. So i upgraded it and spent a bunch of money on it but it still wasn't fast enough to win races with.  
    So i had to do the first races over and over and settle for a bunch of 3rd and 4th places until i had enough money to move on. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.