Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Need a race car for the Gran Turismo All Stars race

Sadaiyappan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sadaiyappan

I need a car for this.  I tried to do this with a Murcielago Lamborghini, but it can't keep up with actual race cars.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grissefar

The X2010 or the Minolta should do the trick.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aus_azn

I believe I used the Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08, either that, or a fully tuned Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09.

Both of which you can acquire fairly early into the game, and the Audi is about 400k to fully tune, not that much. The GT-R is about 1 million to buy and stuff a stage 3 turbo in.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Red12b
    @Sadaiyappan: wait until you are lvl 21, go into the "Like the Wind" challenge, go into it with a fully upgraded ZR1 "vette" with full racing mods that you will find in the "Auto GT" place where you change the oil.  

Then you will get the Minolta which kicks all arse.  
    Sadaiyappan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sadaiyappan

What is that car with the weird back end, looks like some kind of fan or star design on the back.  Car is fast.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Sadaiyappan said:
    " What is that car with the weird back end, looks like some kind of fan or star design on the back.  Car is fast. "
    You are either talking about the X1 or the Chaperal 2J.  

The X1 you get by getting to lvl 35 (you can just get b spec up to this), or winning the X1 challenge at lvl 30 (good luck, unless you spend a full day learning the car, its nearly impossible). The Chaperal 2J on the other hand cost 14 mil in the used car lot and is quite rare.  

If you've done last week's seasonal race, then just use the DTM Touring car with extra HP boosts. Should be fairly easy once you get a car that has at least the same aero grip as the rest. 
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I didn't want to start another "recommend me a car/championship" thread, so I thought I'd piggyback onto this one.  I'm at B-Spec level 15 and A-Spec 10, and I'm looking for a race to spam for credits in the first three sets of races.  Right now, I'm spamming Lup Cup over and over again, but I get the feeling it might not be as efficient as some of the other races and I don't have any other cars suitable for high end races.  Any thoughts or ideas on both which race I should be doing and with what kind of car (preferably one easily obtainable)?

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Sparky_Buzzsaw: Have you tried all the seasonal events? Those are a real Cr. and XP. booster. Usually the ones labelled bonus races give out stacked prizes.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#9  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
    @FrankCanada97:
    Thanks for the tip.  My RX-7 and GTI are ripping through those, even though I'm practically hugging the walls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.