Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

New Gran Turismo 5 Patch Adds Car Damage To Online Mode

• 51 results
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Example1013
    @Renahzor said:
    " @example1013 said:
    " @yoshimitz707 said:
    " @ch13696
    @yoshimitz707 said:
    " @ch13696
    @takua108 said:
    " @ch13696: I did too, yesterday, and found that Burnout: Paradise is only $20 on XBL Games on Demand! :D "
    Fuck that. Gte it used at any Gamestop for $17.99.
    Wouldn't taxes bring that above 20? "
    Not if you have one of their club cards dealios. Then it's 10% off. Basically no tax.
    I think $2 extra is worth not having to leave your house, spending time driving there, wasting fossil fuels, and then having to give money to Gamestop. "
    So...you'd rather give $2 to microsoft instead? You're really going to paint Gamestop as the big, evil corporation when Microsoft has been convicted of violating anti-trust regulations, numerous times? Gamestop just makes extra money by circumventing developer fees. Last time I checked, that wasn't breaking both federal and international regulations in order to force other companies out of business.  Plus, downloading generally takes longer, and uses up bandwidth. And, you just have to sit there and wait while it downloads. At least with Gamestop you're doing something in between playing (i.e. driving fo realz). "
    So you'd rather drive for 30 minutes, give a different corporate entity your money, deal with dumb-ass employees that seem to be the gold standard of GS, and all the while cut the developer out of the money for the game you're playing, that they put the hard work into, and give it to Gamestop instead?  Don't act all holier than thou just because you shop at a GS.  Both methods are certainly viable.  TL:DR:  Stop being a dick "
    Sorry you didn't read my post correctly. I said nowhere in my post that GameStop was either more or less valid than Games On Demand. I was simply saying that Microsoft is at least as shady as GameStop, if not more so, thus invalidating the idea that buying things from GameStop is somehow less moral than using Games On Demand.

My point is that GameStop is no less viable than Games On Demand. I fail to see how that's being a dick.

I've also had nothing but pleasant experiences with the employees at GameStop. Everyone I've met is quite competent, and I've enjoyed every recommendation I've gotten from them. Maybe it's just where you live.
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Example1013
    @rm082e: Most corporations don't get sued by the U.S. DoJ and 20 state governments, along with the EU. Microsoft was.
    theberserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By theberserker

a patch to add damage, how lame...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.