Official Trading Thread

#1 Edited by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

This is the official thread (official because I said so) for trading in GT5!

If you're looking for a specific car, you can request it here and work out a deal with another member to trade for it.  
Keep in mind that cars worth over 1 million credits can no longer be gifted, so there's no point asking for one of that price. 

Seeing as paints can also be traded, they might as well be discussed here too.  

• No longer looking for standard cars!

Edit: List updated - removed recently purchased cars and untradables.
#2 Edited by LutonHatter (326 posts) -
@Binman88:
I have a spare Life Step Van I'll send it your way just send me a car I don't have: 
  http://www.mygranturismo.net/garage_compare.php?g1=11007&g2=1429&full=  (Our garages compared for cars we each have that the other does not)  
My garage:  http://mygranturismo.net/carlist.php?garage=1429 (I can't see how to give you a list of what is missing?) 

I've added my dups to the site as well. I'm happy enough to send you cars as I find them and rely on you to send me something back at some point. Is that alright with you? 

EDIT and a  V8S '91
#3 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -

I have a race modded  Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) ‘09, Ill trade it for anything worth $600,000 and up, I just want to get rid of it, It runs amazing, but I just dont want it.

#4 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -
@BigBoss1911 said:
" I have a race modded  Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) ‘09, Ill trade it for anything worth $600,000 and up, I just want to get rid of it, It runs amazing, but I just dont want it. "
Please anyone for the love of god.
#5 Posted by Bouke (1401 posts) -

Didn't the latest patch restrict the trading of expensive cars?

#6 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@Bouke: Like I said in the first post, cars over a million credits can't be traded. 

@LutonHatter said:
" @Binman88:
I have a spare Life Step Van I'll send it your way just send me a car I don't have: 
  http://www.mygranturismo.net/garage_compare.php?g1=11007&g2=1429&full=  (Our garages compared for cars we each have that the other does not)  
My garage:  http://mygranturismo.net/carlist.php?garage=1429 (I can't see how to give you a list of what is missing?)   I've added my dups to the site as well. I'm happy enough to send you cars as I find them and rely on you to send me something back at some point. Is that alright with you?  EDIT and a  V8S '91 "
Yep, that's cool with me. Thanks for the life step van! I sent an Atenza Touring car your way.
#7 Edited by LutonHatter (326 posts) -
@Binman88: The 1 Million limit will stop the trade of these as well, I think:
  • Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 (999,645)
  • GT-R Concept LM Race Car (998,755)
  • 350Z Concept LM Race Car (998,635)

Oh and the obvious limitation on cars I would like in return, please don't send 'gift cars' but I figure you weren't going to do that anyhow. 

Cars

For everyone else here is a list of spare cars I have: 
  • BMW 330i '05
  • Citroen 2CV Type A '54
  • Daihatsu Midget II D type '98
  • ISUZU PIAZZA XE '81
  • Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98
  • MERCEDES-BENZ CL 600 '00
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec N1 (R34) '99
  • Renault AVANTIME '02
  • Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 '03
  • SUBARU LEGACY B4 2.0GT '03
  • Toyota PRIUS G '09
  • Volkswagen Lupo GTI Cup Car (J) '03 
  • Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 
  • Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
They are available for trade, either for a car I need (see links above) or quantities of Museum cards that I need (PM to negotiate details etc.) 

Museum Card Trading 

I have a large number of swaps to exchange. Anyone want to trade one for one let me know, most wanted cards on my hit list:  

EDIT: Still after Ford, Subaru and Lotus up to date list at:
 http://www.mygranturismo.net/museum.php?id=1429

See my furthur down the thead, if your interested in getting all the Museum cards you need...

Paint 

If you want it I probably have it. I trade paint either for British Racing Green paint (or near  equivalents) and Museum cards.
#8 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@LutonHatter: Yea I figured those near a million were probably deemed "worth more than a million" by GT5, and so would also be restricted.
#9 Edited by LutonHatter (326 posts) -

Cars - Wanted  

Okay now that Binman-88 has almost got all the cars he is after here is my list of trade-able cars that I still need:     

EDIT assuming the remaining trades I have lined up for the next couple of days no more tradable cars are needed!
#10 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@LutonHatter: Sent you the Supra RZ '97. Realised I never sent it when I said I would a couple weeks ago.
#11 Posted by LutonHatter (326 posts) -
@Binman88: Cheers, good job you remembered I skipped buying it a good few times :: 

Just wish I owned the two Chaparrals. I daren't look at the UCD with less than 14.5M Cr. sitting in the bank. And it take soo long to raise that sort of cash. More stuff to trade, (assuming you can still trade these I think you can) 

Gift Tickets for trade:    

I have a couple of 1000 Gift Tickets. The tickets give you a random car when you cash them in. Anything from a x2010 to a  Midget II D, I keep getting cars I already own :( 
#12 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@LutonHatter: Ha, yeah I was glad to get those two out of the way. Since purchasing them, I've seen one pop up in the UCD again yesterday, and pretty sure I saw one earlier in the week as well. It's that old adage about waiting for a bus and then two coming along at once.
#13 Edited by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@LutonHatter: Ha, yeah I was glad to get those two out of the way. Since purchasing them, I've seen one pop up in the UCD again yesterday, and pretty sure I saw one earlier in the week as well. It's that old adage about waiting for a bus and then two coming along at once.  

Edit: God I wish the UCD wasn't such a pain. I have two cars left to find (R8 LMS Race Car (Team Playstation '09) and the NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car), and really want to get them out of the way so I can stop worrying about keeping a certain amount of cash on hand at all times, and constantly having to check the used cars. I must have fully cycled the UCD at least 15 times now and there's still no sign of them. 

Edit 2: Something weird happened with the boards the other day, which might explain why this edit duplicated the previous post.
#14 Posted by LutonHatter (326 posts) -

Gift Ticket 1000 in exchange for 10 Museum Cards

As no one seems to want to trade spare museum cards, which is not surprising it is a lot of work to maintain lists of swaps and the like, I now make the following offer:

Gift me 10 Museum Cards I need, list is here (The coloured in cells I have the light grey I need) : 
http://www.mygranturismo.net/museum.php?id=1429

And I'll give you a 1000 Gift Ticket, with which the game will give you a random car. (You can, if you are so inclined backup your game save, claim your ticket if you don't like what you get copy your save back and try again.)

(Small print, if by chance two people give me the same card or overnight the game gives me the same card, I'l return the duplicate card and a different card will need to be sent to replace it.)
#15 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@LutonHatter: One of these days I'll get around to tidying up my museum cards and I'll send my spares your way. 

On a somewhat related note, I had to resort to trading for a Level 17 ticket on GTPlanet to get the last standard car I needed (NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car). I had already tried cycling the UCD a million times, and even set up a separate account to grant me a 2002 birthday ticket to try and get it but it just wouldn't fall for me. Had to try about 15 times until getting it on the level 17 ticket :(
#16 Posted by LutonHatter (326 posts) -
@Binman88: Trading on GTP is a hectic business. I put up the offer of 1000 tickets for the cars I need and for 10 cards and I have four or so car trades lined up already and finally have some museum cards coming my way.  Wish I could trade more than on ticket a day.

I got rid of my spare zero mile FGT there as well, took about ten minutes for someone to give me a Bentley Speed 8 Race car.  
#17 Posted by Vlad_the_implier (6 posts) -

Anyone have any chromes or gold chromes they could spare? If not ill trade a car or a different paint for it. Message me on PSN, my tag is SHOOTUINTH3BACK.
#18 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

If anyone has the ability to start a Chrome/Gold Chrome paint trading chain, I'll gladly duplicate/pass it along. Message me, xMLGxD0UCH3F4Gx. Don't just send a friend request and desert; I don't have an exceptional amount of time to dedicate, and GTP guys are hella aggressive in terms of trade speed.

#19 Posted by LutonHatter (326 posts) -

Ok I think I worked out a reasonable approach to oragnising exchange of Museum cards while minimising the amount of keeping track of what cars and swaps you have etc. Anyone interested in trying to complete their collection of cards let me know and we shall give it a go looking for a minimum of 4 people or so. 

Here is the basic idea, comments suggestions?

Ok to start with each new member sends me a list of how many cards of each manufacture they have (The numbers down the right hand side of the Museum screen) With this I allocate 1 manufacturer to each person. Then we all work from one shared myGranTurismo.net account.

Each person marks which cards they currently have for their allocated Manufacture at mygranturismo.net. I will maintain a list of People,Manufacture Pairs and give each member an ordered list of people/manufactures to send their swaps to. As you send your limit of 5 cards a day you mark on the shared mygranturismo account which cards have been sent. 

When someone gets a complete manufacturer set we move them on to another manufacture and frees up that company.

I'm not brilliant at explaining things so here is an attempt at an example:
3 people taking part: Alice, Betty, Cheryl
Setup Phase:
Alice, Betty, Cheryl send me their card counts
I allocate Alice=Audi, Betty=BMW, Cheryl=Citreon 
Alice,Betty,Cheryl update their respective manufactures card list on the shared myGranturismo.net account
I tell Alice to send her 5 swaps a day to BMW/Betty then Citreon/Cheryl. Betty to Citreon/Cheryl then Alice/Audi. Cheryl to Alice/Audi then BMW/Betty.

Daily Routine
 Alice,Betty,Cheryl send their five swaps out each day marking on the shared account the cards they sent out.
They also check to see if they have completed their alloated manufacturer, if they have they let me know I allocate them a new manufacturer, they mark up what cards they have on the shared account and I update everyones send to and pairing lists.

Now not everyone can fireup their PS3 everyday that is no problem. I'm not saying my joining this group you have to send five cards out a day every day for the rest of your life... just when you can. If someone drops out/isn't available for a while they will get their allocated manufacurer filled up then they won't be allocated up till they can give an updated card count. It is no biggy. I only ask the people who end up with full decks stick around a bit the help out newcomers.

Anyhow, I think I've just written my longest forum post, hopefully it makes sense, and you guys see the reduced paper work/benifits of trying to do it this way are enough of you want to give it a go. Get in touch.

#20 Posted by Vlad_the_implier (6 posts) -

Hey Luton i have Museum cards! 

Audi - 13, 18 
BMW - 14, 22, 27, 30, 34 
Citroen - 15, 105, 112 

I have more, but ill trade you these for one of those 1000 gift certificates. Already sent you a friend request, all you have to do is accept it and ill send them your way!
#21 Posted by Bouke (1401 posts) -

I'm looking for a Spoon Civic Type R (EK) '00, but you can only buy it used i guess; anyone want to trade? 

#22 Posted by LutonHatter (326 posts) -
@Vlad_the_implier: Cool, you can only trade 1 car/gift ticket a day and I have trades booked up until the 23rd maybe 24th (Depending on if a fellow on GTP pulls a digit out of his rectum in to get back to me in time) so if you can wait till I'll send you a ticket on the earliest date I can send it. You can only send 5 museum cards a day so feel free either to start sending them now, or a day early (22nd) 

And once this trade is done do you want to join out cult/collective of people who are going to complete each others museum cards collections, look at my long rambling post above for a bady worded description...
#23 Posted by Vlad_the_implier (6 posts) -

sure ill start sending the cards asap and ill guess ill join your cult.
#24 Posted by LutonHatter (326 posts) -
@Vlad_the_implier:  Nifty PM me a list of the number of cards you have for each maker (I.E. the list of numbers down the right hand side of the museum page in GT5) The numbers on their own will do.
#25 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
#26 Posted by LutonHatter (326 posts) -
@Binman88: Are you saying you want to join my harem of Museum card collectors? 

(Everyone else, if you want to join you don't need to go to the trouble of filling out a myGT pages with all your cards and swaps!)
#27 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@LutonHatter: I'm undecided. Atm I'm just sorta keeping track of what I got, but not really looking for trades. I took stock of what I had a couple days ago, and been updating it daily since, but its a bit of a pain.
#28 Posted by LutonHatter (326 posts) -
@Binman88: With out wanting to sound like a sales man, thats why you need to join my merry band of brothers!
You woud no longer have to keep track, daily you would just have to mark the five cards that you send out.
#29 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@LutonHatter: And I don't want to sound like a lazy bastard, but... meh. :p
#30 Posted by Bouke (1401 posts) -
#31 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@Bouke: Thank yo! And yeah its a silly system. 
#32 Posted by LutonHatter (326 posts) -
@Vlad_the_implier:

I've sent you the 1000 ticket, please check my card list at before sending cards  as my collection can change by quite a bit daily. (For example between yesterday and today I gained an extra 20 cards :insert-big-grinning-smiley-here: )

If your still interested the the whole swap shop thing send me the card list counts, I currently have 7 active members and am filling up fast.

#33 Posted by Vlad_the_implier (6 posts) -

Hey Luton i sent these museum cards just now, ill send another 5 tomorrow
Audi - 13, 18 
BMW - 14, 22, 27, 30 
#34 Posted by FesteringNeon (2158 posts) -

Anyone got an extra orange x2010?

#35 Posted by Red12b (9073 posts) -
@bukkookkub said:
" Anyone got an extra orange x2010? "
You can't exchange cars over 1mil

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.