Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Question regarding installing to hard drive

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#1  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Hey guys, I tried to search for this, but pulled up a 500 error every time I searched the GT5 forum.  When the game first starts, it asks if I'd like to install the game.  I clicked yes, but it went almost immediately to the game's intro video and start menu.  No installation screen, nothing.  I also don't seem to have the option to install through the XMB at startup, but this is the first time I've tried to install a game manually, so I might just be missing something.  Anyone have any ideas or tips? 

EDIT: I am getting a little sign that flashes "Installing..." in the bottom right hand corner, but it's erratic and doesn't always appear.  Also, there are no menu options in the game to install it, only the option when I first turn on the game.  Hard drive space is not an issue.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By 02sfraser

Maybe you don't have enough space on your HDD? It's 20GB and you can install it from the options before you go into GT mode.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

No, I've got plenty of space.  That shouldn't be the issue.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Solved my problem.  Apparently, the game features a background installation while you play, installing chunks of the game when you access tracks and cars.  Annoying, because I'd rather just get the install out of the way, but since I don't see any other options on a full install, I guess it'll have to do. 

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Honestly, the menu system and all the loading/installing completely killed any desire I had to play this game. I think I played four or five races when it first came out, and I haven't touched it since.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By lego_my_eggo

there is an option in the in-game settings for an install. i believe its under "utilities" and takes about 40 mins to install 6 gigs, and will do background installs till it hits 10 gigs.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
    @Lego_My_Eggo:
    Oh hell, thanks!  It was right there under my nose.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.