Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

The AI in this game is way too stupid for B-Spec mode to be fun.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I'm trying to do some B-Spec races, I'm level 3 and I was enjoying it until I put my Class 3 driver behind the Yaris. I have the thing fully loaded but when he insists on ramming into someone, he doesn't try to get off him he just keeps DRIVING RIGHT AGAINST HIM! Not only that, when he spins out, he sits there for about 30 seconds and when he hits a wall he doesn't bother reversing. He literally just SITS there. And I know the point of it is to guide him and make sure he doesn't spin out, but it's hard when all the OTHER AI are ramming into him. Makes me soo mad. Does this get more ridiculous as it goes on or is it just the Yaris?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

B-Spec is dumb in GT5 once they removed the fast-forward like they had in GT4, so there's no point to it now. 

It's easier to make cash from A-Spec.  -_-

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sanity

I cant say i have done a ton of b-spec but i thought eventually you could enter more then one driver in a race. If thats the case then eventually you could make tons off b-spec with multiple drivers winnings roiling in. 

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Devil240Z
    @dudy80 said:
    " I cant say i have done a ton of b-spec but i thought eventually you could enter more then one driver in a race. If thats the case then eventually you could make tons off b-spec with multiple drivers winnings roiling in.  "
    doesn't work that way. Drivers take turns driving the car in endurance races. 
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @dudy80 said:
    " I cant say i have done a ton of b-spec but i thought eventually you could enter more then one driver in a race. If thats the case then eventually you could make tons off b-spec with multiple drivers winnings roiling in.  "
    doesn't work that way. Drivers take turns driving the car in endurance races.  "

Oh, that's how it works. I was wondering about the because my guy's strength was half way gone in a 6 lap race on Tsukuba.

I gave up on that Yaris race for now and I'm just gonna do some more until my guy is leveled up a bit more. I know that it's not his actual skill because he's awesome with other races, but still that extra bit of speed might come in handy so he can get away from the dumbass AI crowd. That's the only time I don't mind B-Spec - when you're racing against opponents that stagger themselves instead of huddle together and slow each other down, letting the odd 1 or 2 get away and totally unbalance the rest of it.

Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lev

I haven't played GT5 yet, but what I can say is that I don't think I have *ever* played a single game where the AI wasn't stupid.

While many people are praising brain-dead computer behavior, I have been waiting with open arms for a game to come along with quality artificial intelligence.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Enigma777

AllenV86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AllenV86

just played a bit of B-spec, and it was fun, i made the same mistake giving my driver a fully loaded swift and he just kept going off the course, so i just gave him a stock car ( in the same range of bhp as the competition ) and everything went like normal, won 3 out of 6 with 2 second places aswell :) and when you see hes doing well and /or driving first keep the orders down so he can cooldown a bit :D

grtz Allen :-p

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy
    @Enigma777:
    I had no idea the AI was so much better. ALL of those cars dodged in Forza while NONE of the cars dodged in GT5.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Enigma777
    @xyzygy said:
    " @Enigma777:I had no idea the AI was so much better. ALL of those cars dodged in Forza while NONE of the cars dodged in GT5. "
    Yea, that was the point of the video. Keep in mind it's just like that on the lower settings...
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Enigma777 said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " @Enigma777:I had no idea the AI was so much better. ALL of those cars dodged in Forza while NONE of the cars dodged in GT5. "
    Yea, that was the point of the video. Keep in mind it's just like that on the lower settings... "
    I could be wrong, but isn't the stationary car in the Forza video slightly off the racing line?
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @Enigma777 said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    Yea, that was the point of the video. Keep in mind it's just like that on the lower settings... "
    I could be wrong, but isn't the stationary car in the Forza video slightly off the racing line? "
    It's right ontop, you can see the green arrows telling him to reverse.
    You can also tell the cars are coming straight for him, until they move away to avoid.

One of the biggest advantages Forza has over GT is definitely the AI.  I actually quite like the b-spec, the A.I. causes some problems, but I'm looking forward to the website functionality to be added for it.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @WinterSnowblind: Oh I see, I didn't notice it the first time around.
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By yakov456
    @rawdanger said:
    " I've been trying to fiddle with B-Spec as well, and I've come to pretty odd results. When I actually try and give the guy direction, he either comes in towards the bottom of the bracket, or gets all postal and starts spinning out. But if I simply start the race and put the controller down without giving any direction, he'll win more often than not. So weird. I never tried any prior B-Spec modes, so I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work, but I can't imagine so. "
    This is how it is for me too, if I start pushing buttons it turns into a disaster. Was in second place on the last lap with the controller on the ground, wanted to try and pass the last car so I clicked attempt pass or whatever it is, two turns later my guy went into a spin and I came in 4th, argggghhhhh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.