Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

The Charm of the Standard Car - Post your favourites!

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Binman88

We all know some standard cars look a little worse for wear, and we all wish every car in the game was a premium... but that's not the case. So stop bitching!   

This thread is for people to tell us what their favourite standard car is so far, and why they like it so much, and also to share any pictures of that car here or link us over to the photo thread

l'll start off by saying I originally intended to avoid standard cars as much as possible. However, after a couple of events (for which only my standard '74 Lamborghini LP400 was eligible), I've completely turned around on that mentality, and can't wait to delve into the used market and pick myself up another little gem! A few people might already have the Lamborghini I'm talking about, as it was a prize for one of the events (can't remember which). It's an MR car that's really easy to slide around corners. Once you've tried a few times and mastered it, you'll be eager to power slide your way around the entire circuit, although not always advisable! It's a speedy little car as well, even without any upgrades, and for a standard car, doesn't look half bad. 

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sanity

Personally i think the standards are great, sure no cockpit blows at times but they all still drive good so im happy with them. So far im enjoying my 3000GT a lot, fun to drive and it looks pretty good actually.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By handlas

ya...lotta bitchin about the standards.  Other than no cockpit view, which sux, there is nothing wrong with them.  They look great.  I saw some vid of the premium car vs a standard car (the same car)...for whatever reason it had a version of both.  Couldn't tell that huge of a difference.  The premium car just looked a lot shinier with some better details in a few areas.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy

I personally see a huge difference between the standard and premium cars, and I think it's a huge ripoff and that PD got lazy or something, but I try not to let it bother me. OP the reason why that car looks so good is because it's so blocky :P

I was just looking through my garage to see if anything caught my eye but I have a bunch of shit boxes. I have an '05 Mustang GT though, although the textures are pretty terrible on it so it doesn't look that great. But it's still the best looking of the bunch -_-

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Binman88
    @xyzygy: This thread isn't for crying. 

@dudy80: I'm keeping an eye out for another 3000GT / GTO since I lost my chance to pick one up from the used market at one stage :(  

@handlas: Yep, in some cases the difference is hardly noticeable. Especially if you're not using the external view, you never really see the car anyway.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Red12b

Post my VR4 here soon, gotta fish out my USB Key...

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Red12b
    @dudy80:  
    Black model?  

Same as I have, goes like stick when you supe it up eh? 
    ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ObsideonDarman
    @dudy80: I am with you on that 100% duder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.