Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

top gear track special events!

Twist3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Twist3d

is anyone else out there finding the beginner stage of this event utterly crap and frustrating lol? im loving the game, think its brilliant but this event is just pants! i mean come on driving camper vans around at 30 mph lol ive given up on this event.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Binman88

I managed that one fairly easily, it's the intermediate one that's giving me and a lot of other people a headache :p

Twist3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Twist3d

its both for me i cant over take and get midway up the table in the camper vans but the slightest knock and your disqualified and as for the intermediate OMG the car just swerves everywhere lol

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Binman88
    @Twist3d: Yeah it's mad. Some people are advising switching on every assist you can, but even then it's a nightmare. I figured there's not much point getting frustrated by it, and just tried doing something else.
    Twist3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Twist3d
    @Binman88 said:
    " @Twist3d: Yeah it's mad. Some people are advising switching on every assist you can, but even then it's a nightmare. I figured there's not much point getting frustrated by it, and just tried doing something else. "
    my thaughts exactly, ive given up on it alltogether now to be honest lol
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By FrankCanada97

I think it's doable I get up to 4th by Gambon on the first lap but the AI for this race always forces me off the track before I get a chance to finish lap one.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By KaosAngel

I can't do the Lotus.  

NASCAR and Top Gear, fuck that shit.  x.x

Twist3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Twist3d
    @FrankCanada97:   thats exactly whats happening to me!! and it goes that freakin slow that I just cant be assed trying to do it again lol
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Twist3d: If you change the units to km/h, you can try to trick yourself into thinking you're going faster. :D
    Australia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Australia

I am having trouble with it as well, but I don't know what is worse, the fact every time you nick a cone your are disqualified or the fact that the AI racers keep ramming you!

Twist3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Twist3d
    @Australia: yea and when they ram you it disqualifies you lol ive given up on it now meh itl get done when its done lol
    psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By psylah

I gave up on that one. It's like the Top Gear fellas told them to make it the most obnoxious event in the game.

Seems like something they'd do.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#13  Edited By falconer

They should have you go around the track with a caravan on your car instead. Just sayin'.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By AlexW00d

I got second one the camper van one and left it at that, and 4th on the Lotus one and also left that at that. Such evil challenges.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Jackel2072

the VW Van race does seem like something top gear would do, but they would let you crash and cheat your way through it. The Lotus one is tricky. i do however feel like it made me a better driver. i managed bronze and i think i could get first if i stuck with it. i keep getting to 4th place and fucking up in Gambon. either i hit one of the other cars or loose control all together. however when you can manage to hold a power slide with that car its fun as all hell!

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By EdIsCool

I got 2nd in the Camper Van one, pretty annoying. The only way to pass is in the corners and if you cut them even slightly...DISQUALIFIED... 

In the licenses,is there any quick restart option, apart from if you see your ghost passing you, pause and restart. The freakgoblins with their charts hanging around after I fail  a license over and over are annoying.

DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DaSoul

It should have been dodging pianos in a Morris Marina.Just sayin'.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By yakov456

That lotus one was a doozy, tried it first without assists, disaster. With assists I still had to feather my pedal coming out of turns, and going into turns you have to be so gentle with the brake and be in a straight line while doing so. For some reason the bus one was very forgiving to me when smashing into other people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.