Whats in your custom playlist?

#1 Posted by Devil240Z (3397 posts) -

In every GT before this one I always end up turning off the music cause it gets old. One can only take so much Lenny Kravitz and Rob Zombie. 

But now with custom music its no problem. I have mine loaded up with Initial D sound tracks and Daft Punk.  

Whats in your playlist? 

#2 Posted by Brenderous (1105 posts) -

How do you get music onto the ps3 anyway? Usb stick or something?

#3 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Ah this is good news. I was wondering about custom soundtracks for this. Now I can load up Pendulum and Daft Punk. That should make racing all that much better :D

#4 Posted by Chubbaluphigous (571 posts) -

Gwar 
Cock Sparrer 
Social Distortion 
Morphine 
Dead Boys 
Ministry 
Transformers: The Movie Soundtrack (the original from 1986) - Racing to "The Touch" is fucking epic.

#5 Posted by Brenderous (1105 posts) -

Really really long Prog songs. 

#6 Edited by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

I wish there was a way to change the disqualified music to something more positive yet conveying the same meaning. I had this in mind...

I had some music from other Sega racing games in my custom soundtrack. In particular, those from Super Sega GT and OutRun.
#7 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Tiesto

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6314 posts) -

Anything slow and epic. My playlist has 104 songs and is about 14 hours long :D

#9 Posted by Banshee (121 posts) -
@Brenderous said:
" How do you get music onto the ps3 anyway? Usb stick or something? "
There are a couple of different ways. Anything that's fat32 formatted and that can transfer files over USB is one way. (.MP3 players included) You can also rip songs directly from a disk. The PS3 can convert to several different formats and bit rates. (You just have to set it to what you want it to convert them to in the XMB.)  
#10 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -

Not sure who recommended it, but someone on the forums embedded a song by Pendulum, and I've since put the whole album onto my PS3 and have been using that as my playlist in game!

#11 Posted by Devil240Z (3397 posts) -
@AlexW00d said:
" Anything slow and epic. My playlist has 104 songs and is about 14 hours long :D "
I think my playlist has around 250 songs. and only consists of about three bands. Though the third is "Assorted" more of a loose association of people who apparently live only to make music for Initial D arcade machines.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.