YO You can pain standard cars now!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

PAINT!!!!

WTF!!!!

#2 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

Why would I want to hurt them, they didn't do anything to me.

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

I prefer to make love to my cars.

#4 Edited by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

HAR HAR. Now go away.

#5 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -

you mean the wheels? cause I thought you can always paint the standard cars

#6 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6400 posts) -

Internet interpreters, help me out here. Does this guy mean you can make the entire car a different color, or do up paint jobs with as much detail as in Forza? Replies in relatively logical English would be greatly preferred.

#7 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

I mean you can paint the cars a different color. Before you could only do that to Premium cars.

#8 Edited by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

I mean you can paint the cars a different color. Before you could only do that to Premium cars.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you could always do that to the standard cars before. 
#9 Edited by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@StaticFalconar said:

@Devil240Z said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you could always do that to the standard cars before.

You couldn't do it on launch day. it must of been a later patch. Im shocked no one made a big deal out of it. Bubble intact.

#10 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -
@Devil240Z

Yo I aint gon pain no standard car son!  Shiiiiit!
#11 Posted by Strife777 (1614 posts) -

No dude... I bought the game on release, and I painted a standard car. The patch must have been like a week after release or earlier, if there actually was one.

#12 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -
@Devil240Z: Really? Cause I remember the first week of playing I was so proud when I could get my standard starter car to be the right color that I wanted. Most people had complained about not being to paint the wheels on the standard cars. I could be remembering it wrong. idk
#13 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@Strife777 said:

No dude... I bought the game on release, and I painted a standard car. The patch must have been like a week after release or earlier, if there actually was one.

I remember playing that game on day one and being pissed that you can't paint standard cars.

#14 Posted by Strife777 (1614 posts) -

Well I remember the opposite, so... :P

#15 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@StaticFalconar said:

@Devil240Z: Really? Cause I remember the first week of playing I was so proud when I could get my standard starter car to be the right color that I wanted. Most people had complained about not being to paint the wheels on the standard cars. I could be remembering it wrong. idk

It must of been in the first patch cause I painted a car today that I could not paint on day one.

#16 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

WHY THE FUCK DID NO ONE TELL ME!!!! Every 8 Seconds I would bitch on here or on the race night chatroom about not being able to paint standard cars. WTF.

#17 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

WHY THE FUCK DID NO ONE TELL ME!!!! Every 8 Seconds I would bitch on here or on the race night chatroom about not being able to paint standard cars. WTF.

You bitched every 8 seconds over the perceived inability to paint standard cars?

...huh.
#18 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@Devil240Z said:

You bitched every 8 seconds over the perceived inability to paint standard cars? ...huh.

It was an exaggeration but ONE of the GT5 guys should of picked up on it by now.

#19 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

I am not a smart man but I know what love IS!

#20 Posted by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -

What is even going on here anymore? 

On a related note, I think you can paint cars without using the paint chip up since now all you need to do is to shell out a small fee instead. I haven't tried it yet but I think that's the case since the last patch.

#21 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -
@Devil240Z

...huh.
#22 Edited by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@Devil240Z: ...huh.

What?

Back on track. I hate all of you for leaving me in the dark on this.

#23 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

@Strife777 said:

I remember playing that game on day one and being pissed that you can't paint standard cars.

You sure it wasn't because day one you had no paint chips?
#24 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@StaticFalconar said:

@Devil240Z said:

@Strife777 said:

You sure it wasn't because day one you had no paint chips?

I don't know! I just remember seeing a video of some guy who got the game early and there was an animated gif of not being able to paint standard cars. and I tried it on day one and It didn't work so I assumed it was universal.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK MY LIFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH>>>>>>>

MY ENTIRE WORLD VIEW IS CHANGED!~!!!!!!

#25 Posted by buzz_clik (7026 posts) -

Welp, looks like this has been wrapped up. Mods, shut it down.

#26 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@buzz_clik: Excuse me this is a private argument between me and my wife. We just happen to be in a crowded restaurant.

#27 Posted by NickL (2247 posts) -

@Devil240Z said:

@buzz_clik: Excuse me this is a private argument between me and my wife. We just happen to be in a crowded restaurant.

Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

#28 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@NickL said:

@Devil240Z said:

Seriously though, this tread is done.

#29 Posted by LutonHatter (334 posts) -
@Devil240Z: You could always paint standard cars from out of the box. Maybe the confusion might come from not being able to paint cars with team colours and logos on to another colour?  
#30 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

I am not a smart man but I know what love IS!

I want you to show me
#31 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

@NickL said:

@Devil240Z said:

Seriously though, this tread is done.

Your Keyboard hates you it seems,  

@buzz_clik said:

Welp, looks like this has been wrapped up. Mods, shut it down.

#32 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@Red12b said:

Your Keyboard hates you it seems,

I think someone spilled something on it during a party. Some of the keys are sticky.

#33 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@Devil240Z:  

Mmmm sticky keys And, yeah sure, you weren't showing what your love is,  

it was someone at a party. 

...Sure
#34 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@Red12b said:

@Devil240Z: Mmmm sticky keys And, yeah sure, you weren't showing what your love is, it was someone at a party. ...Sure

Oh thats right, I blasted jizz all over it.

#35 Posted by Binman88 (3691 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Devil240Z said:

You bitched every 8 seconds over the perceived inability to paint standard cars? ...huh.

It was an exaggeration but ONE of the GT5 guys should of picked up on it by now.

Did you never pick up on the fact that some of us had standard cars painted in matte or chrome paints for some race nights? :P
#36 Posted by Devil240Z (3440 posts) -

@Binman88 said:

@Devil240Z said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Devil240Z said:

Did you never pick up on the fact that some of us had standard cars painted in matte or chrome paints for some race nights? :P

Nope never. Everyone usually has Premium cars.

#37 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

@Red12b said:

@Devil240Z: Mmmm sticky keys And, yeah sure, you weren't showing what your love is, it was someone at a party. ...Sure

Oh thats right, I blasted jizz all over it.

see, telling the truth is a healing process, don't you feel better? 
@Binman88
said:
@Devil240Z said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Devil240Z said:

Indeed
#38 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Devil240Z: ...huh.

What?

Back on track. I hate all of you for leaving me in the dark on this.

The fact that you never tried to paint the standard cars after a patch, the fact that you expected everyone else to tell you about this change even though a) many of those you complained to were probably driving standard cars with custom paint jobs and b) they thought 'how could this guy be so dumb?  You can clearly paint standard cars (post patch)', the fact that you're still upset and every other fact makes my "...huh" response symbolize the stupidity of this entire thread.  "...huh" means there is not an adequate response that I can actually give to this really dumb thread.

In other words...

...huh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.