Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 6

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 05, 2013

The sixth entry in PlayStation's flagship racing series, Gran Turismo 6 hopes to bring a better, richer driving experience, including 1200 cars and new features like improved car personalization.

GT5 or GT6?

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Chummy8

So, I just got a slim PS3 as an early Christmas gift. It was totally unexpected as I already sold my 360 back in August to pay for a gaming laptop. One of the things I missed about my laptop gaming was a console style simulation racer, like a Forza. And I know that Forza was based on the GT model. So...

Having never played any GT games (I wasn't too into it on the PS1 and sold that for an Xbox), would I be missing out on a ton by getting GT5 instead of GT6? I do like to get the latest version of games, however. And, that news of being able to plot out tracks with GPS seems like something I would LOVE.

Duders, help me out.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The physics models have been completely retooled for GT6. The cars will behave differently.

My biggest complaint about GT5 was how the single player was a massive grind, and the race types were much less fun than in GT3 / 4. I hope they change that in GT6, but it sounds like that won't happen since they've implemented microtransactions for you to buy your way through the career.

My conclusion: Sell the PS3, buy a PS2 and GT3, the best game in the series.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chummy8

The PS3 was a gift from my brother. He bought it so we could play BF4 together. He told me "You better not sell this one".

So, selling this one isn't an option.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Might as well get GT6. It has better graphics and physics than GT5, and it will undoubtedly have more people playing it online if that's something that you're interested in. I've heard that the career is well-designed and the microtransactions aren't a huge deal because the in-game progression is the same as post-patch GT5, which was largely fine.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

GT6. At least everything I read about it seems to be better than GT5. Or, wait till the quicklook tomorrow.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, a quicklook tomorrow.

I'm really leaning toward getting GT6 anyway.. Thanks.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have heard only good things so far of GT6 which means that I will love it. I enjoyed GT5 alot even with alot of grinding in the races to get money for new cars and the very crappy damage option they had. Will be waiting impatiently for the QL.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buneroid

@psylah said:

The physics models have been completely retooled for GT6. The cars will behave differently.

My biggest complaint about GT5 was how the single player was a massive grind, and the race types were much less fun than in GT3 / 4. I hope they change that in GT6, but it sounds like that won't happen since they've implemented microtransactions for you to buy your way through the career.

My conclusion: Sell the PS3, buy a PS2 and GT3, the best game in the series.

And make sure to loop Turbo Lover while grinding out the 100 lap race repeatedly.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

GT7

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Cameron

I'd try GT5 first to see if you like the style of the series. It's regularly on sale for about $10 and I think it's only $20 regularly. While both Forza and GT are simulation(ish) racers they are quite different. I've always preferred Forza, but it probably depends on what you like about these kind of games. GT has always struck me as a game that's more about the cars and less about the racing, while Forza is the other way around. GT will always have more cars, but I've always preferred the actual racing in Forza.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So I never bought 5 but played a little bit of it and really hated how you couldn't win prize cars again after the first time you won a cup (which was how I got most of my money in 3 and 4). Does anyone know if they're sticking with that in 6?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.