Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 6

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 05, 2013

The sixth entry in PlayStation's flagship racing series, Gran Turismo 6 hopes to bring a better, richer driving experience, including 1200 cars and new features like improved car personalization.

GT6 1.04 Update out.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

Word is there are two updates for january. 1.01 and 1.02 were in december.

1.02 contained half of the redbull update. the second half is supposed to come at the end of january. word from pd says that there are two updates this month. so 1.03 must be soon and 1.04 might be at the end of jan with the second half of the rebull stuff.

I just hope we hear something official soon cause PD has been scarily silent since 1.02 dropped. but maybe its because of the detroit auto show which starts today. hopefully something will come out in the next few days. christ even a tweet would be nice at this point.

I saw a picture of a Redbull X2014 which must have come from detroit. Surely a 1:1 model but it must mean something for the next update.

UPDATE:

The update weighs in at 214MB, and the full list of changes are as follows:

• Red Bull X Challenge – 2nd Part
      The 2nd half of the “Red Bull X Challenge” has been added to the Career Mode. In these new challenges, learn how to drive an authentic Formula car directly from the world champion, Sebastian Vettel.
      *Please note that the International B License is required to enter this challenge. With this update, the “Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard” and “Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Fan Car” have been added to the Dealership in-game.
    • Release of the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
      An alternative version of the “Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo”, released on December 2013 as the first Vision Gran Turismo car, is now available. It is possible to obtain the car by participating in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.
    • Release of the Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept
      The “Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept”, a car displayed at the 2013 SEMA show as a part of the collaboration between the Corvette development team and Gran Turismo, is now available in the Dealership in-game. It is also possible to obtain the car by participating in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.
    • Birthday Login Bonus
      An in-game car from a year near your year of birth will be sent as a gift when you log in to PSN. The gift car will be distributed within 1 week from your birthday.
      *The information is taken from the player’s SEN account used.
    • Remove Ghost Replay feature added
      A Remove Ghost Replay button has been added to the Arcade Mode Time Trial and Free Run Quick Menu. You can display this feature by scrolling the right of the menu. This will allow you to remove ghost data that includes unintentional shortcuts.
    • Prize Information added to Seasonal Events
      It is now possible to see what prizes are awarded in the Seasonal Events. This information is displayed on the right side of the Seasonal Events entry screen.

Source

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Devil240Z

Yup its coming tomorrow. Though the only confirmed contents are the interior for that new BMW which I couldn't care less about and the Toyota FT-1 concepts which I also don't really care about.

Fingers crossed for Community features.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That FT-1 is a real brown-bagger.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Devil240Z

@psylah said:

HAHA I have no idea what that means.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah said:

Eff that! That car is sexy as hell.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

@psylah said:

what ever man, exposed air fans, CYBER PUNK IS HERE

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Trilogy
    senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

New corvette z06 is a monster and gm seems to be keen on putting their new cars in gran turismo. I hope thats included. Also when is that sound patch that everybody keeps talking about going to happen? The only thing that is keeping from dropping $60 on the game is bad engine sounds.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senrat said:

New corvette z06 is a monster and gm seems to be keen on putting their new cars in gran turismo. I hope thats included. Also when is that sound patch that everybody keeps talking about going to happen? The only thing that is keeping from dropping $60 on the game is bad engine sounds.

I doubt thats ever going to happen.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

update had just about nothing. a made up toyota and the interior gfx of a BMW that hasn't been released irl yet. no actual features were in the update. a few bug fixes but thats it. god I must have refreshed GTP 100 times today. Ill die someday waiting for a GT update.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this thread kind've reminds me how kaos angel sounded before gt5 came out,

also,

when i get some decent cars, i'm down to do an online race, unless you'd like to race stock honda fits...

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@red12b said:

also,

when i get some decent cars, i'm down to do an online race, unless you'd like to race stock honda fits...

Stock fits 24hr race for charity

LETS DO THIS

Goeiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Goeiste

1 MONTH??, Did we really had to wait 1 MONTH?? for 2 season-events with the V1.03 update??? and stillno Red Bull X2014 standard championship opened??

Is there really no one from the Approx. 110 employees at Polyphony who can speedup things over there? Why does it take 3 years to present a game that looks nearly similar to GT5 (to me), nearly all the same cars, nearly the same tracks, but without the A-Spec and B-Spec, without the secondhand garage, without the option of restoring or copying settings, without the option to exchange or giving away cars, with (also to me) poor sound quality, without 3D gaming, the animations are gone... (for some an improvement), with some (nearly) impossible events and/or licenses to drive?

I guess that they (at Polyphony) were not ready for us GranTurismo fans with GT6.

I think it took too long to release the latest version of GranTurismo, and so they just dropped a too small, incomplete version of GranTurismo 6 at the market to keep us satisfied. For me at this moment? i wished i hadn't bought it yet, too disappointed at this moment...

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12b said:

also,

Stock fits 24hr race for charity

LETS DO THIS

ahahaha

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm stuck playing Forza 5. Really my own fault for trading in my old systems to buy a PS4 and Xbox One. I'm screwed in the game department for a while. I wish the patches were better for you.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@goeiste said:

1 MONTH??, Did we really had to wait 1 MONTH?? for 2 season-events with the V1.03 update??? and stillno Red Bull X2014 standard championship opened??

Is there really no one from the Approx. 110 employees at Polyphony who can speedup things over there? Why does it take 3 years to present a game that looks nearly similar to GT5 (to me), nearly all the same cars, nearly the same tracks, but without the A-Spec and B-Spec, without the secondhand garage, without the option of restoring or copying settings, without the option to exchange or giving away cars, with (also to me) poor sound quality, without 3D gaming, the animations are gone... (for some an improvement), with some (nearly) impossible events and/or licenses to drive?

I guess that they (at Polyphony) were not ready for us GranTurismo fans with GT6.

I think it took too long to release the latest version of GranTurismo, and so they just dropped a too small, incomplete version of GranTurismo 6 at the market to keep us satisfied. For me at this moment? i wished i hadn't bought it yet, too disappointed at this moment...

Uh, dude i think the changes in gt6 kinda went over your head. Sure they brought back all the old cars, but there's a crap load of new cars they added as well. The LMP cars are updated, there's the Aston Martin 77, which in real life is more rare than the Veyron. All the Nascars are updated as well as latest Viper, Vette stingray, Pagani Huayra, and Tuner cars like the Boss 302. Sure I could name off cars that wasn't included as well, so I'm not 100% satisfied myself but I still wouldn't say they did nothing.

As far as tracks go, Silverstone, willowsprings, and of course goodwood festival of speed ain't exactly nothing to recreate in the detail the tracks are. A Spec B Spec is at most a gimic and mini game to grind money faster really. No need for a second hand garage when you can buy everything from the dealership new.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blindly defending the game saying it should have been GOTY or something, but for the most part, I'm having fun playing the game; and that to me makes the game worth its price.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Devil240Z

@red12b said:

also,

Hey I was just as crazy as him he was just louder.

@vvvvvvvv down there vvv That sucks. I don't have any next gen systems but I couldn't imagine getting rid of my ps3/360 just yet. (or ever really, at least until GT7 comes out. )

Also does anyone know how to get off of a quote? I cant write anything below the second quote in this post.

@l4wd0g said:

I'm stuck playing Forza 5. Really my own fault for trading in my old systems to buy a PS4 and Xbox One. I'm screwed in the game department for a while. I wish the patches were better for you.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticfalconar: That guy is crazy. Who makes an account to post something that rage-y? a crazy person.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Wait a moment, GT6 is out?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a moment, GT6 is out?

going on a month and a half.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now 1.04 is out. (like a week ago)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.