Love the demo

#1 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

It feels a lot like Top spin 4: slices are a little bit different but flat and top spin are the same. Love the serve system really intuitive and original. LOVE THE COMMENTATORS...wish they had Brad Gilbert from espn, he's hilarious. Waiting too see if the online play is better than Top spin since 2k was sloppy on that department.

Would loved if the demo had some female players like Sharapova, Wozniacki or Kvitova. Not crazy about the Wiilliam sisters, though. Can't wait to play with Fed!!!!

#2 Posted by Tonyyj (141 posts) -

I played and loved the demo as well, my biggest complaint is the lack of signature moves at the moment. Seeing Nadal and Djokovic swing those one handed backhands really irks me. Another thing they could tune a bit is the feel of player movement, it doesn't feel like you're controlling a human so much as a pong paddle sliding across the court.

I took a look at the roster and there's a serious lack of WTA players! :( Only four: Sharapova, Ivanovic, and the Williams sisters. Can't believe they left out Wozniacki or Clijsters.. Hopefully they'll be included later as DLC or something.

#3 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

Well Clijsters is retiring this year after the olympics and Wozniacki haven't won a grand slam yet. Therefore Sharapova, Kvitova, Ivanovic and the Williams; all slam winners.

#4 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

I really enjoyed the demo as well. I'm not a huge tennis fan so this surprised me. The player movement also felt odd as well, I never felt like I was fully controlling the character. Hopefully this is fixed in the main game.

#5 Posted by MightyDuck (1522 posts) -

What platform have you played the demo on? I checked the PSN but did not see it. I've been thinking about checking out a tennis game. I've played Virtua Tennis, but the career mode in Grand Slam is what has me interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.