Grand Slam mode difficulty

#1 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

I just finished playing though the Grand Slam mode and i won 1 game, just one game.... on beginner for crying out loud. Is it just me or is the Grand Slam mode just way to hard? I mean you need to make your own guy who has 0/5 stars on skill and one of the first opponents you have to play against is John McEnro.

#2 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

Did Johnny boy at least yell at you while beating your ass?

#3 Edited by Endogene (4741 posts) -
@SuperMooseman: I hate you....

Perhaps when i get M+ this will miraculously become easier....
#4 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@Endogene said:
" @SuperMooseman: I hate you....Perhaps when i get M+ this will miraculously become easier.... "
I think that''s pretty likely. From what i've heard they are almost like different games. But i thought every copy of the game came with M+
#5 Edited by Claude (16255 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
"
@Endogene said:
" @SuperMooseman: I hate you....Perhaps when i get M+ this will miraculously become easier.... "
I think that''s pretty likely. From what i've heard they are almost like different games. But i thought every copy of the game came with M+
"
You had to buy it bundled and if not, sold separately.

If it's anything like Tiger Woods, with or without Motion Plus two different games.

*Edit* SuperMooseman beat me to it.
#6 Edited by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
"
@Endogene said:
"
From my experience, the game becomes harder the more control you take. Playing with the Nunchuck requires a lot more skill than playing with just the Wiimote. Playing with MotionPlus is more fun, yes, but it's definatly not easier. The timing mechanics of regular Wiimote play work very well, but with M+, the chance of not hitting the ball or hitting it way off is much higher.

Wii Motion Plus + Nunchuck gives you the most control, but it's also the one most difficult to master.

#7 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

I just played it for the first time with M+, it's extremely different. Before i could not win a match now i just won the French Open with ease, even without the nunchuck.

#8 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

I, on the other hand, have just started Grand Slam Mode and have not yet won a single match. A few games, yes, but no matches. It certainly is difficult, this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.