GTA IV Downloadable Episodes Finally Announced For PS3, PC

• 104 results
Posted by Jeff (3657 posts) -
PC and PS3 owners can officailly join this BUH-RUH-THURHOOOOD on March 30. 
Rockstar issued a press release this evening officially announcing plans to deliver The Lost and Damned as well as The Ballad of Gay Tony--the two downloadable add-ons for Grand Theft Auto IV--to the PlayStation 3 and PC on March 30.

The two episodes will available in two different ways, much like they are on the Xbox 360. GTA IV owners can opt to download the episodes individually from the PlayStation Network or the Games for Windows Live Marketplace. Users looking for a standalone package can grab Episodes of Liberty City, which collates the two installments on one disc. Given current prices for the 360 versions of this content, it seems likely that the individual episodes will run $20 and the Episodes disc will go for $39.99.

The release also mentions that PC players will receive an "advanced video editor" with these add-ons, but it isn't clear if this means that it's advanced beyond the video editor that's already included with GTA IV on the PC, or if Rockstar is just claiming that its existing editor is, you know, advanced.
#1 Posted by Jeff (3657 posts) -
PC and PS3 owners can officailly join this BUH-RUH-THURHOOOOD on March 30. 
Rockstar issued a press release this evening officially announcing plans to deliver The Lost and Damned as well as The Ballad of Gay Tony--the two downloadable add-ons for Grand Theft Auto IV--to the PlayStation 3 and PC on March 30.

The two episodes will available in two different ways, much like they are on the Xbox 360. GTA IV owners can opt to download the episodes individually from the PlayStation Network or the Games for Windows Live Marketplace. Users looking for a standalone package can grab Episodes of Liberty City, which collates the two installments on one disc. Given current prices for the 360 versions of this content, it seems likely that the individual episodes will run $20 and the Episodes disc will go for $39.99.

The release also mentions that PC players will receive an "advanced video editor" with these add-ons, but it isn't clear if this means that it's advanced beyond the video editor that's already included with GTA IV on the PC, or if Rockstar is just claiming that its existing editor is, you know, advanced.
#2 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

don't care and I don't know anyone that does

#3 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1657 posts) -
@trophyhunter: HEY OH! 

my ps3 friends who were in love with GTA4 will be pleased 
#4 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

Doesn't surprise me.

#5 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

Could be good for people tho are PS3 only and need to get their GTA4 on.
#6 Edited by THE_END (466 posts) -

@trophyhunter:  I care!  I own this game on both PS3 and PC.  I do not own a xbox 360.  Jeff, thanks for the info this is awesome news.

#7 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -

Meh.

#8 Posted by Tearhead (2199 posts) -

Finally! This timed exclusive shit needs to stop. Can't wait to play these episodes on my PS3.

#9 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

Know what? too late nobody cares, with awesome games coming out now and soon like ME2 PC, BFBC2 PC, Bio2 PC, no one gives a shit. And they wonder why nothing sells well on PC when it's released a decade later.

#10 Posted by Lard (262 posts) -

Damn - Jeff beat me to it.@warxsnake said:

" Know what? too late nobody cares, with awesome games coming out now and soon like ME2 PC, BFBC2 PC, Bio2 PC, no one gives a shit. And they wonder why nothing sells well on PC when it's released a decade later. "
I don't own a 360. 

I get to buy it on a disc. 

I care.
#11 Posted by _Phara0h_ (891 posts) -

to little to late even the 360 versions....

#12 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1890 posts) -

FUCK YEAH, MOTHAFUCKA!

#13 Posted by PerryVandell (2109 posts) -

I like how people keep saying no one cares, even though they probably already have it on their 360 making their point invalid.

#14 Posted by supermike6 (3611 posts) -

Why don't you guys have a news story about the Borderlands DLC yet?

#15 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1890 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:

" don't care and I don't know anyone that does "

#16 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1890 posts) -
@Fullmetal216 said:
" I like how people keep saying no one cares, even though they probably already have it on their 360 making their point invalid. "
Maybe they're 360 fanboys?
#17 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh said:
" @trophyhunter said:

" don't care and I don't know anyone that does "

"
hey that was taken out of context
#18 Posted by Hector (3375 posts) -

A little too late don't you think. GTA is passed its prime.

#19 Posted by MannAlive (155 posts) -

Hope MS got their $50MM worth.  Guess this means XBox 360 owners will get to play Agent someday, too.

#20 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -

Got GTAIV for 8 dollars during the steam holiday sale. these would be great add ons to the experience.

#21 Edited by crusader8463 (14427 posts) -

It's too bad the PC version runs like complete shit, or i might have looked forward to this.

#22 Posted by Asurastrike (2170 posts) -

It's been way too long for me to care about DLC for GTAIV.

#23 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@warxsnake said:
" Know what? too late nobody cares, with awesome games coming out now and soon like ME2 PC, BFBC2 PC, Bio2 PC, no one gives a shit. And they wonder why nothing sells well on PC when it's released a decade later. "
exactly but not only do what have good games coming out, but a 1000 good games have come out since that game. if anyone actually cares about this I feel sorry for them.
#24 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
" It's too bad the PC version runs like complete shit, or i might have looked forward to this. "
It's too bad your PC runs GTA IV like shit.  Mine, on the other hand, runs it just fine @ 1080P.  I have a 9600GT and Core i5 750.  lern2computor

@trophyhunter:

I don't care what you think.  I will enjoy Skydiving @ 1080p proper with a nice framerate and decent field of view.
#25 Posted by LiquidPrince (16122 posts) -

Meh...

#26 Posted by spatss (16 posts) -

Great news, needed a reason to get back to gta IV. Screw the haters.

#27 Posted by AuthenticM (3791 posts) -

Totally buying this.

#28 Posted by Ping5000 (385 posts) -

The achievement list update since the last GTAIV patch for the PC was a pretty big tip off. Nice to see them finally coming, though.

#29 Posted by abrasion (181 posts) -

Fantastic! I can finally check them out - AND on a disc too (I am not a big DLC fan)
Kickass :)

#30 Posted by Nasos100 (727 posts) -

OH yea baby!
OH YEA!

#31 Posted by Druminator (1683 posts) -

Have fun with this, I enjoy them better than IV.

#32 Posted by Lies (3868 posts) -

50 million dollars.

#33 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @crusader8463 said:
" It's too bad the PC version runs like complete shit, or i might have looked forward to this. "
It's too bad your PC runs GTA IV like shit.  Mine, on the other hand, runs it just fine @ 1080P.  I have a 9600GT and Core i5 750.  lern2computor

@trophyhunter:  I don't care what you think.  I will enjoy Skydiving @ 1080p proper with a nice framerate and decent field of view. "
THIS
#34 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

We all knew it was coming. I expected PC TLAD to be announced back in October though.

#35 Posted by crystalskull2 (437 posts) -

GTA 4 ran like shit on my PC. So,i'll wait for a PC review of it.

#36 Edited by sketch (194 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow: Way to respond like a dick, and respond with your mid-range processor, and card that was mid range at release (see I can be a dick too, you have a fine PC sir). To be fair, GTA4 runs far worse than other games that look as good as, or better than it.
#37 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Awesome. Though I can't believe Microsoft paid $200 million to have the DLC exclusively for like... 6 months...

Still, I thought The Ballad of Gay Tony was quite a disappointment.

#38 Posted by CountRockula (398 posts) -

There was a time when I would have been pretty excited about the opportunity to dive back into Liberty City, but that time has long since passed.  It's been too long since I've even thought about GTA IV, and there's too much stuff that's actually new coming out in the near future that I just can't be bothered to care about this.

#39 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

well good for ps3 owners. hope they like it.

#40 Posted by FoxMulder (1709 posts) -

Was pissed that these didnt come out the same time as the 360 and eagerly wanted to play.  But so much time has passed since I've played GTA4 and I don't think I care to buy and play either of these!!

#41 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2477 posts) -

This is a horrible business decision if you ask me. The DLC is coming way too late. For the PC version they have to set up download servers and a payment system, which is not trivial at all, see Bioware. They are going to lose money on this.

#42 Posted by HatKing (6065 posts) -

I don't think this is even worth their time to box at this point.  They might as well just put it on the Network as that probably doesn't cost them much.  I just don't see this selling all that well now.  Although if you are into the game still I do highly recommend playing them.
#43 Posted by Brake (1118 posts) -

I think it's been sufficently long since I played GTA IV. I'm not as burned out on it as I was when I finished it. I might at least check out the Lost and the BROTHERHOOD.

#44 Posted by Eribuster (506 posts) -

Woo hoo! Being an owner of the PC version of GTAIV, I'm eager to play the new episodes.

#45 Posted by Yummylee (22297 posts) -

lol christ, to think I actually opted for a 360, after already ownin a ps3, mostly for the GTA4 expansions. Not an absolute fail though, its introduced me to the mass effect and gears of war series to which I'm glad for. 8)
#46 Posted by randiolo (1106 posts) -

bout fricken time.. didnt really think it was gonna happen.

#47 Posted by armaan8014 (5440 posts) -

YES!!

#48 Posted by KingX (220 posts) -

finally!
Will be good to have something to play on he ps3 during the summer time when no games I wan't is comming out anyway.

#49 Posted by dankempster (2254 posts) -

I know a few guys who'll be very happy about this. I played both expansions last year and thought they were pretty damn good, so it's nice to see people wth the game on other systems will finally be able to enjoy them too. Exclusive DLC, timed or otherwise, really needs to die.

#50 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -

Cool, might actually reinstall it on my PC and even get around to finishing it when this stuff gets released.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.