Drop a Pin in Liberty City

• 112 results
#102 Posted by InCertainSights (34 posts) -

I randomly got to that page like a month ago and tried the street view. It´s a nice thing they did but this dosn´t really need anybody. So it´s really just a fan thing.

#103 Posted by Mihos (46 posts) -

Kick ass job guys. I feel sorry for people who need a reason to do cool stuff.

#104 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3962 posts) -

It's insane. They ought to integrate this into Google Maps.

#105 Posted by Anatana (79 posts) -

I actually just picked up GTA IV and finished it to 100%, and was struck again by the incredible scale and life of liberty city. I think this is an awesome way to pay homage to what rockstar built. Hopefully GTA V can address some of the small flaws IV had, looking forward to it!

#106 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

@SkullcrusherMountain said:

@gladspooky: Like what? What news, exactly, would you like them to report? It's fucking AUGUST, dude. THERE IS NO NEWS IN AUGUST. Nobody releases anything, there's no game announcements, nothing. None of the other sites have anything approaching news, not Kotaku, Joystiq, anything.

You just defended Giant Bomb by comparing it to Kotaku. Congratulations.

#107 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1862 posts) -

This is pretty awesome, I tip my hat to everyone involved. If this gets done on the PC version with one of those texture/skin conversion packs to convert the surroundings to an even more real world style look...wow!

#108 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

Just saw the PAX panel.

Hey Patrick, sorry for being a dick. You're alright with me.

#109 Posted by ICYICYMCSHAKE (2 posts) -

Very cool! Imaginative use of the street maps idea

#110 Posted by KikkomanSA (50 posts) -

LA Noire is coming out on PC? Awesome!

#111 Posted by sugetipula (98 posts) -

...yeah

#112 Posted by TommyVercetti (9 posts) -

@Anwar said:

@Canteu:said:

#2 is Brucie from GTA4,

#3 is C.J. from San Andreas.

It's not the place, it's the people

I don't see CJ at all, could you make a screencap and point him out? I even looked 360 degrees. And what's so special about Brucie? I encountered some of the main characters in the city, so what, not really an easter egg or secret.

#3 is Luis Lopez from the Ballad of Gay Tony.

I don't get #1, though.

#113 Posted by ImpureAscetic (31 posts) -
@patrickklepek: Could you fix up the copy? 
#114 Posted by Ben99 (1135 posts) -
@Canteu said:
To all those people saying this is "completely pointless" by that logic all videogames, movies, music and books are pointless (money notwithstanding). You all play video games "wasting" your time with that activity, you have no right to look down on anybody because of their hobbies or interests.
what a pointless and wasteful comment on a pointless news story.
#115 Posted by Ben99 (1135 posts) -

I hate sandbox games . The only people I saw tearing up for them were kids.

#116 Posted by AndyAce83 (118 posts) -

Great work, great achievement. 

#117 Posted by Dragoness1993 (37 posts) -

Amazing

#118 Posted by FresherThanAir (8 posts) -

Pretty pointless I suppose but still very cool!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.