GTA IV confirmed for PC

#1 Posted by Couse (68 posts) -
#2 Posted by FoolInjection (206 posts) -
Kill_BLACKS_and_JEWS said:
"ps3 versions the best"
Wow dude... your username and avatar pic just COULDN'T be any more offensive could it ?
#3 Posted by zeox (87 posts) -

Mods and this game will be incredibly awesome. can't wait

#4 Posted by J4S0N (26 posts) -

No surprise here.  I have been holding off from getting a console version of the game because I know the best experience will be on the PC.  No console can play the game at 1920x1200.  The actual resolution that they render the game in (which is different than what they output to the TV) doesn't even come close.

#5 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

whatever got it in my ps3 and its no t that hot anyway

#6 Posted by sohail12345 (46 posts) -

well what kind of pc would run this

#7 Posted by albaker (437 posts) -

I knew this would be coming, GTA was always on the PC anyways.

This will be great for gaming on very high settings and higher resolutions with mods, damn very nice indeed

#8 Posted by albaker (437 posts) -
sohail1234 said:
"well what kind of pc would run this"
Now that's what I'm concerned about but I think Rockstar will do a great job
#9 Posted by ExtremeBlade (24 posts) -

I guess PC gamers who have a decent PC should have no problem running it... but for myself, I'll be sticking with the 360 version. My PC isn't bad but it's sure not up to the task of running a game like GTA IV.

#10 Posted by Forcen (1823 posts) -
#11 Posted by speciman (49 posts) -
albaker said:
"I knew this would be coming, GTA was always on the PC anyways.

This will be great for gaming on very high settings and higher resolutions with mods, damn very nice indeed
"
Yeah I don't doubt it, I think it will have the same requirements as Assassin Creed for PC. lol
#12 Posted by ExtremeBlade (24 posts) -

Hm, oh well. No PC version of GTA IV... YET! Wait until the expansion pack hits for the 360 and then we'll probably get a real annoucement about the PC version of the game.

#13 Posted by MrRetep (81 posts) -

Should be fun wit mods

#14 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

:D
This game better have a good modding community.

#15 Posted by Crossknive (30 posts) -

Probably will

#16 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

I kind of expected this.

#17 Posted by Balaamsafe (140 posts) -

it's bound to happen

#18 Posted by Creciente (82 posts) -

If I will ever buy GTAIV, that'll certainly not be the PC version. I think I'll go with the 360 one. Also, nothing unexpected. Look at the past GTA games, they all came out on PC after their initial console releases.

#19 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

Thats sounds cool.

#20 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2453 posts) -

Like my pc would ever run it.

#21 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Woooohoooo

#22 Posted by pause422 (6181 posts) -

Don't think anyone should be surprised...every other GTA hit PC afterward.You're going to need a good rig to run it on max settings though.

#23 Posted by kuddles (87 posts) -

I look forward to being able to play the game at a decent framerate and without massive pop-up.

#24 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6297 posts) -
The game's framerate is fine as is, but the pop-up is really bad in spots. If I had a machine that could run it I'd look into it.
#25 Posted by Kohe321 (3528 posts) -

Awesome

#26 Posted by floorswine (169 posts) -

My PC should just about run it, but only if I get some more RAM. I'll do whatever it takes to get this beast running on my machine though!

#27 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

The extended multiplayer and the mods will make this port superior to the console versions.

#28 Edited by dDefinder (17 posts) -

Will it use Windows live for multilayer?

#29 Posted by Cirdain (3088 posts) -

Here come the mod that shoots rockets out of bikes

#30 Posted by sohail12345 (46 posts) -

Multiplayer will be a big thing for this game to succeed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.