Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

GTA Multiplayer... big and fast, or few and tactical?

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DCFGS3

Having played a good bit of GTA's Multiplayer, both DM and TDM, I reckon that a DM with only around 3 or 4 people, over an open area is definitely the funnest way to play, games with tons of people are simply too fast and chaotic.

Also, auto-aim sucks big time.

creamclouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By creamclouds
    DCFGS3 said:
    Having played a good bit of GTA's Multiplayer, both DM and TDM, I reckon that a DM with only around ... [more]
    It depends on what the time and spawn distance settings are at. Auto-Aim is OK, because it gives the newer players better chance at helping to win TDM(Team Death Match) or winning a DM (Death Match). that way, it's fun for everybody. I'm fine either way.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BBQBram

Auto-aim ftl. Where's the fun in a guaranteed death everytime you drive up to someone in a car?

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By tekmojo
    @BBQBram said:
    " Auto-aim ftl. Where's the fun in a guaranteed death everytime you drive up to someone in a car? "
    Agreed. If you play auto-aim on competitive modes such as DM and TDM, you're sadly doing it wrong. My only gripe with GTAIV online is that when it lags, the game suffers. Kills are delayed, and when there's a lot of activity going on in the server, Most of the streets turn into post-apocalyptic urban deserts.
    DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By DCFGS3

My best experience with GTA multiplayer was when I versed I guy in a car vs car duke out. We both had an infernus each (don't ask me how they spawned...) He had a sub and I had pistol, so my tactic was to try and run rings around the guy, trying shoot him up as much as possible. I won. With Auto aim, I find that if you have an AK or M4 you can simply auto aim at someone miles away and it's all over, there isn't an tactics, it's just mash aim/shoot until you die. My problem is that spawn distance is always to close, you spawn, you run for 10 secs and then killed by a guy way across the parking lot you can barely see. No tactics, no fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.