Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

GTA on PC (official)

Hell_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hell_Dude

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC

New York, NY – August 6, 2008 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto IV will be arriving on the PC on November 18th and 21st in North America and Europe, respectively.

"We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."

Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.

For more information please visit: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV

____________________________________________________________________________________________

http://kotaku.com/5033671/rockstar-confirms-gta-iv-for-pc

Why did R* did this? I have no idea. For mods maybe. For money? I don't think so.

Avatar image for deactivated-596b8044e5f9a
    deactivated-596b8044e5f9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Amazing! Please let me buy it on Steam!!

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DeadlyPain
    Hell_Dude said:
    "

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC

New York, NY – August 6, 2008 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto IV will be arriving on the PC on November 18th and 21st in North America and Europe, respectively.

"We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."

Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.

For more information please visit: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV

http://kotaku.com/5033671/rockstar-confirms-gta-iv-for-pc

Why did R* did this? I have no idea. For mods maybe. For money? I don't think so.

"

why did they do it?.....hmm.....because Vice and san andreas are still one of manys fav games to play, - for the money YES this game will sell out fast for the PC
    For mods? No, companys don't care about that, Gamers care about modding, and GTA 4 will be riddled with them tbh :S

i for one want GTA 4 on the PC.....i actually demand it and glad we don't need to wait till end of 2009 before we can play :/
    qiika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By qiika

Surprise.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By DeadlyPain
    qiika said:
    "Surprise."

AHHHH.....Don't sneak up on me like that ¬_¬
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By clubsandwich

have the specs been revealed?

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ma7moud
    clubsandwich said:
    "have the specs been revealed?"
    Recommended specs
    • Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)
    • RAM: 2GB
    • Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space
    • Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader
    • Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By clubsandwich
    Ma7moud said:
    "clubsandwich said:
    Recommended specs
    • Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader
    "
    I hope my new laptop can run this.
    breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By breton
    clubsandwich said:
    O_o
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By xruntime
    Ma7moud said:
    "clubsandwich said:
    Recommended specs
    "
    I wonder what the minimum specs are....these look pretty steep, tbh.

I'd think GTA would make it scalable because its a very casual game and and casual gamers don't have high end PCs.
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ZeroCast

As taken from my Blog, here are some of the new features expected for the game:

As you all already know GTA IV for the PC is coming in November ,now according to the Games For Windows listing, GTA: IV will hit PC on November 18, 2008.

Microsoft's website also included a list of PC exclusive content and features:

•  New high resolution technology brings Liberty City to life with even more stunning graphical detail.
    • Expanded multiplayer will require even more strategy and skill to come out on top.
    •   Match Filtering allows you to pick your favorite multiplayer options and then instantly find online matches that fit.
    •   Record gameplay clips and edit them together with a variety of options using the Video Editor and upload via the Rockstar Social Club.
    • Optimized for PC controls and Xbox 360 controller.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By clubsandwich
    breton said:
    "clubsandwich said:
    O_o"
    what?
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I suppose Rockstar could make a bit of cash on this but it's rather strange seeing them trying to sell to the very small market of PC-driving games/third person shooters fans.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By breton
    Gamer_152 said:
    "I suppose Rockstar could make a bit of cash on this but it's rather strange seeing them trying to sell to the very small market of PC-driving games/third person shooters fans."
    Oh, fuck that! PC GTA has a great following with GTANet, and the GTA Forums. I don't know how the numbers compare exactly, but you don't get online multiplayer mods for both VC and SA from a 'small market'.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.