Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

I can't be the only one....

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DavidSnakes

completely and utterly tired of everyone and their mom whining about this game.  "It's not fun.  I just want to blow shit up!  Saints Row rapes this game!"  I loved this game, and I think Saints row is a gimmicky piece of garbage. 

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

Completely agreed, except for the last part. Saints Row is not a piece of shit. It's actually a lot of fun but nearly as good as GTA.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coltonio7

...I'm not sure who says that, but....they have there own misguided opinions.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By roofy

well im tired of those people too but i dont think saints row is a gimmicky piece of garbage.

people expected GTA IV to be the second coming of christ and when it couldnt meet unattainable expectations people lashed out

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DavidSnakes

Granted, I'm talking about SR, not SR2, but the activities were so unbelievably shallow.  Like the devs think taxi missions and picking up prostitutes is still the hook to open-world games. 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

It really goes all on what you prefer, if you enjoyed GTAIV more because of the more real simulation world it tried to do thats your thing, but that also made the cons of it stand out way easier, the fact that it was the kind of world they tried to make, Saint's Row 2 will in generally of just craziness and a ton of weapons/things to do that are just nuts and made for pure fun, hands down beats GTAIV ..because thats the riskt hey took, they made GTAIV with narrative in mind, they told what most would agree was a pretty great story, in a more realistic seeming world,  in exchange for less just open world fun because most of the cool weapons and crazy shit you could do in other installments were cut off. I prefer Saints Row 2 to GTAIV by far , I don't care about the few bugs it has..just from the second I did the first mission and realized how much better the combat was, since it feels like a normal shooter, and all the craziness of melee styles and shit, I immediately liked it more than I liked the entire game of GTAIV, but to each their own.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I did enjoy Saints Row, but it wouldn't exist if it wasn't for GTA. Rockstar remains miles ahead of the competition with GTAIV, and pretty much surpasses just about any next-gen game you can find.

Haha, dude. Really, I expected this thread to be about something totally different. I was kinda hoping you were gonna say "I can't be the only one... WHO DESPERATELY WISHES I COULD THROW SOME HOT DOGS!" Hahaha, while playing a couple days ago, I noticed you can lock onto people while eating food, and at that moment I thought to myself "Dude, if I can throw this hot dog at that dude's face, this is the greatest game in the history of video games!", but unfortunately, it turns out you can't do it. Oh well, maybe they'll add that in the DLC, but I won't get my hopes up. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

TheGreatGuero said:
    Hahaha, while playing a couple days ago, I noticed you can lock onto people while eating food, and at that moment I thought to myself "Dude, if I can throw this hot dog at that dude's face, this is the greatest game in the history of video games!", but unfortunately, it turns out you can't do it. Oh well, maybe they'll add that in the DLC, but I won't get my hopes up. ;)"
    If there is one glaring flaw about GTA IV, it is the inability to start food fights. 
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Hahaha, yeah. Absolutely, dude.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Black_Rose

There's a bit of irony in your post.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Meowayne

I think both Saints Row and GTAIV are a childish waste of time. : D

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Bennyishere

It's the same with other acclaimed things like Halo 3. The majority likes it, but the people that dislikes it are the ones talking the most.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    Bennyishere said:
    "It's the same with other acclaimed things like Halo 3. The majority likes it, but the people that dislikes it are the ones talking the most."
    I think that applies to just about everything, dude. It's like the old saying, "Those that speak don't know, and those that know don't speak". Ya kinda that sort of thing a lot around election time.
    serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By serbsta

Wouldn't call Saints Row garbage but it definitely doesn't top on GTAIV.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StaticFalconar
    DavidSnakes said:
    "completely and utterly tired of everyone and their mom whining about this game.  "It's not fun.  I just want to blow shit up!  Saints Row rapes this game!"  I loved this game, and I think Saints row is a gimmicky piece of garbage. "
    Well, it just goes to show how immature the mass audience is.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By c1337us

I dont really like either one of the two. Though I did buy GTA IV and definately wont be buying Saints Row 2 so I guess that would rate GTA better in my books.

Shadowkeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shadowkeir

I agree Saint's Row 2 is inferior in almost all respects. 

Especially gameplay
    nickyvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nickyvegas
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By dsplayer1010

I haven't played Saints Row 2, but it seems like they are two very different games. 

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I couldn't get used to the controls in GTA4. Making it so you had to press a button to jog was really frustrating for me. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HandsomeDead
    DavidSnakes said:
    "completely and utterly tired of everyone and their mom whining about this game.  "It's not fun.  I just want to blow shit up!  Saints Row rapes this game!"  I loved this game, and I think Saints row is a gimmicky piece of garbage. "
    Agreed. San Andreas was far too gimmicky for its own good and while I do still think that planes and parachutes should have been in GTA IV, the people complaining about the serious tone of the game are usually the same people who spent hours on Crackdown just blowing things up.
    qwertyaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By qwertyaaa
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "I did enjoy Saints Row, but it wouldn't exist if it wasn't for GTA. Rockstar remains miles ahead of the competition with GTAIV, and pretty much surpasses just about any next-gen game you can find.

Haha, dude. Really, I expected this thread to be about something totally different. I was kinda hoping you were gonna say "I can't be the only one... WHO DESPERATELY WISHES I COULD THROW SOME HOT DOGS!" Hahaha, while playing a couple days ago, I noticed you can lock onto people while eating food, and at that moment I thought to myself "Dude, if I can throw this hot dog at that dude's face, this is the greatest game in the history of video games!", but unfortunately, it turns out you can't do it. Oh well, maybe they'll add that in the DLC, but I won't get my hopes up. ;)"
    Go to the sex shop and you'll find that you can throw sex toys. Mm?
    sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By sionweeks

I don't exactly LIKE Saints Row, but it definitely isn't garbage...

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By coolarman

I love both GTA 4 and Saints row for completly different reasons. I love GTA 4 because of its more realistic gameplay and a great story and i love saints row because of its craziness but still GTA 4 is better than saints row and the reasons why people say that gta 4 sucks is completly dumb because it is not about blowing shit up and flying around with a jetpack it is about its living breathing world and a great story around that world and i am just really irritated for these gta san andreas fanboys just going off about how this game sucks 

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Snail

People either want to be mobsters or want to blow up stuff. It depends on what you want.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shadows_kill

my opinion=gta4 sucks and should die and idc about saints row either

yours=gta4 rocks my socks

see how things work out : )

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By RHCPfan24

I think GTA IV is the best game in years, and Saints Row 2 is an average game. Nothing glarlngly bad about it; it's just ok.  Fun in short bursts I guess.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By breadfan

I know a few people who did not like Grand Theft Auto 4 because it took a different approach to the series.  Personally I love the new direction, I mean yeah blowing stuff up is cool but I would rather have a more realistic storyline. 

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Optiow
    DavidSnakes said:
    Agreed, GTA is cooler becuase you blow shit up, with a good story to.
    psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By psmgamer

I played both GTA4 and Saints Row 2 and kinda give the nod to Saints 2 since its not as a realistic game like Rockstar was taking to make GTA4 into. I had more fun with Saints 2 since it is a ton that you can do in that game with reminded me alot of San Andreas in terms of customizing your character and I loved the missions. I hated the graphics only because they didn't look like they improved from the first game. I liked GTA4's story more than Saints Row 2 only because of the excellent voice acting but the missions were kinda lame.

ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShiroMe

GTA4 = Worst in the series
    GTA4 = A pimple on the ass of Rockstar
    GTA4 = Broken

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

GTAIII(and u could say vice city too) were the last good grand theft auto imo...

San Andreas was was too big and story was stupid(jet packs? come on now!)

Avatar image for gobiasindustries
    GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By GobiasIndustries

GTA IV is the best game that I've ever played.

That said, I loved all the past installments, and I really believe that every single one that has come out has been the perfect game at the perfect time for Rockstar.

I have fun every time I play GTA IV, and I found the story engaging and entertaining and everything I wanted from that game.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By Hexpane

This was a blog no one asked for.  The opinion presented by the OP is old and done

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By get2sammyb

I loved GTAIV. I don't have the will to ever play it again though.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Chummy8

For a "mature" rated game; I found Saint's Row to be terribly immature.   Not my type of game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.