Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

New to GTA4. How the hells do I start missions?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I'm playing GTA4 for the first time, I got the Complete edition on 360, and I'm having trouble making missions appear. I looked it up on the internet and I'm supposed to have Dimitri call me to start a mission called "Russian Revolution" but how the hell do I get him to call me! I've tried driving around aimlessly, doing side missions, calling him, and still nothing. This doesn't help when I'm trying to beat the story missions in under 20 hours -_-

Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Echo

You need to go to a location on your map, which is usually an icon with a letter on it. If you're at the start of the game this is probably Roman, which is an R.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Dude...you got GTA IV in 2011...FOR THE Xbox360???
    Omfg if i had an Xbox all id do is play GTA IV it sucks on PC...
    Anyway, have you tried calling him?
      This mission is triggered not long after " The Master and the Molotov" is completed, when Niko calls Dimitri or vice versa to find out if Dimitri has Niko's payment.  
    From GTA IV wiki.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy
    @Echo said:

" You need to go to a location on your map, which is usually an icon with a letter on it. If you're at the start of the game this is probably Roman, which is an R. "

I know how to actually initiate a mission, I need to know how to make a mission actually appear on my mini map. Usually they call you and then it appears. I still haven't gotten that mission from Dimitri. 

@TheDudeOfGaming said:
    " Dude...you got GTA IV in 2011...FOR THE Xbox360???
    Omfg if i had an Xbox all id do is play GTA IV it sucks on PC...
    Anyway, have you tried calling him?
      This mission is triggered not long after " The Master and the Molotov" is completed, when Niko calls Dimitri or vice versa to find out if Dimitri has Niko's payment.   From GTA IV wiki. "
    I tried calling him, I did some side missions for Roman and Brucie, tried calling him again, nothing. Just his machine. Tried driving around to see if waiting solved it, nothing.
    face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By face15

I like that both the people who posted quite clearly didn't read the OP. 
    Also, I have no idea why he wouldn't have called you. In my experience there was always at least one story mission available.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @xyzygy: Just do whatever missions are available to you. I think trying to force a certain mission is the only circumstance that you'd ever run into a problem like this. Just relax and play the game. Everything should come naturally.
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @face15: at least we are trying to be helpful...dick... :D
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @xyzygy: Just do whatever missions are available to you. I think trying to force a certain mission is the only circumstance that you'd ever run into a problem like this. Just relax and play the game. Everything should come naturally. "
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

Usually you call the person up to trigger the mission, but if not then save the game, which'll forward time by 6 hours, which is more than enough for whoever will be giving you the next mission to call.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.