Retailers List Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete For October 26

• 91 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Congratulations on waiting so long before diving into Grand Theft Auto IV. It's quite possible that a magical, truly cost-saving deal is swinging your way this October 26. Amazon and Gamestop are listing Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete for the PS3 and Xbox 360. It's an edition of the game that, as its name correctly implies, will ship with the full title and its two downloadable episodes, The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost And Damned, according to the Amazon box art.

To be clear, creator and publisher Rockstar has yet to announce this set. And while I highly doubt Amazon is just willy-nilly listing fake games for fun, I suppose it's totally possible that this could be, in fact, a listing based on bad information or something. 

So, how much cash are you saving if you opt to grab Complete for its suggested $40 price point? A lot! Both bits of DLC are still being sold for 1600 Microsoft Points ($20 each) on Xbox Live Marketplace, while the original game is still being sold for around $20-30. That's not bad at all--especially if you've yet to experience what GTAIV has to offer, which is a lot. Here's our review from 2008 and below two trailers for the content being packaged into Complete. Assuming it exists. 

== TEASER ==The Lost and Damned 

The Ballad of Gay Tony  

#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Congratulations on waiting so long before diving into Grand Theft Auto IV. It's quite possible that a magical, truly cost-saving deal is swinging your way this October 26. Amazon and Gamestop are listing Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete for the PS3 and Xbox 360. It's an edition of the game that, as its name correctly implies, will ship with the full title and its two downloadable episodes, The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost And Damned, according to the Amazon box art.

To be clear, creator and publisher Rockstar has yet to announce this set. And while I highly doubt Amazon is just willy-nilly listing fake games for fun, I suppose it's totally possible that this could be, in fact, a listing based on bad information or something. 

So, how much cash are you saving if you opt to grab Complete for its suggested $40 price point? A lot! Both bits of DLC are still being sold for 1600 Microsoft Points ($20 each) on Xbox Live Marketplace, while the original game is still being sold for around $20-30. That's not bad at all--especially if you've yet to experience what GTAIV has to offer, which is a lot. Here's our review from 2008 and below two trailers for the content being packaged into Complete. Assuming it exists. 

== TEASER ==The Lost and Damned 

The Ballad of Gay Tony  

#2 Posted by RE_Player1 (7544 posts) -

GTA4 = Most overrated game ever. 

#3 Edited by tkalsey (152 posts) -

jkldfjl;a
COME ON! SOOO CLOSE

#4 Posted by natetodamax (19164 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" GTA4 = Most overrated game ever.  "
You can literally say that about every game that has received some positive reviews. 

I'm convinced that at this point, anyone who wants to play GTA IV has done it already
#5 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

If you asked me, if you haven't played GTA4 at this point you really shouldn't, because I found it terrible when it came out and time probably hasn't done it any favors.

#6 Posted by Fubar (165 posts) -

I own the game for PS3 and PC and have played neither for more than 30 minutes at a time ... just not my kinda game. Controles are awful and the graphics arent all that impressive.  

Seems like the storie is good, but i cant get myself to play it :(

#7 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I will buy this game when it's like $5-$10 because I've never cared for the GTA games. Overrated...

#8 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
I disagree, good sir.
#9 Posted by Redbullet685 (6017 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
I believe its MW2.
#10 Edited by dtaken (24 posts) -

GTA IV is awesome. Haters gonna hate.

#11 Edited by CookieMonster (2414 posts) -

Great, a bunch of comments bashing GTA IV. 

If I had a penny for every time somebody described a game they didn't like as "overrated"... 

Back to the article, I presume this means no more DLC? It was a long shot, but I enjoyed both DLCs, and I would have liked to have seen one more.

#12 Posted by Gnome (137 posts) -

The DLC packs are both awesome.  And I didn't really like the original campaign.

#13 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -

It be better if they updated the original game to support the new features in the DLC.

#14 Posted by Bakumatsu (352 posts) -
@Fubar said:
" I own the game for PS3 and PC and have played neither for more than 30 minutes at a time ... just not my kinda game. Controles are awful and the graphics arent all that impressive.   Seems like the storie is good, but i cant get myself to play it :( "
If is not your kind of game, why do you own two versions of it? Hell why do you own even one?
#15 Posted by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

You save $10.

#16 Posted by RE_Player1 (7544 posts) -
@Redbullet685 said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
I believe its MW2. "
GB should have a the most overrated game of last year during their end of the year awards :P
#17 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
Your face is. 

How's that for overrated?
#18 Posted by elephantjewls (25 posts) -

man...
I was almost sure they had already done this

#19 Posted by dahapr44 (25 posts) -

GTA IV is a great game. I know that there are those who just do not enjoy the game or who were disappointed by its departures from previous installments, but it is still an excellent title. I have yet to purchase the DLC, so I may just bite on this complete edition.

While some don't care for the "realistic" feel to the game or its sometimes slow pacing and storytelling, I am a gamer who enjoys immersing myself in a world and taking my time. I also enjoy the gritty, heavy storytelling. It may not be for everyone, especially those who enjoyed the non-stop over-the-top action of previous games in the series, but I have had a lot of fun with GTA IV (more than with previous installments) and I am looking forward to part V.

#20 Posted by TheKing (822 posts) -

GTA 4 = Best game this generation.

#21 Posted by Maddman60620 (102 posts) -

they should add the zombie dlc to GTA IV 
Luis don a MJ thiller outfit, Nico can have a chainsaw, and for the Lost & Damned have Ash's 'Boomstick' oooh yeah!!!!

#22 Posted by Milkman (16479 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Redbullet685 said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
I believe its MW2. "
GB should have a the most overrated game of last year during their end of the year awards :P "
And it would be neither of those games. 

The Lost & Damned trailer is still one of my favorite video game trailers ever. 
#23 Posted by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
" I will buy this game when it's like $5-$10 because I've never cared for the GTA games. Overrated... "

Why even waste the $5-$10 if you don't care for the GTA games?
#24 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
Saying GTA4 is overrated every chance you get= Most overrated thing ever.
#25 Posted by Vanek (381 posts) -

I could never get into the game which was a shame ... 

The most interesting thing to me is this is it's coming out in the US at $40 but I bet you it wont convert to a reasonable price over here.  If it did, it would be £25-£26.  I bet it'll be £35. 

Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of buying it regardless but I'll be interested in it's price when released in the UK.

#26 Posted by guthwulf (251 posts) -
@natetodamax
@RE_Player92 said:
You can literally say that about every game that has received some positive reviews. 

I'm convinced that at this point, anyone who wants to play GTA IV has done it already
@natetodamax@tkalsey

Nope. Not me.
Sounds like great deal to me.
#27 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Well what ever if i buy this itll be copy 8

#28 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm: 
Dunno... I think I have play it so I can complain that it's overrated... I did that with Half-life 2 but I didn't spend any money. I played it on my brother's Steam account and thank the God-Emperor for that.
I am not going to buy GTA4 anytime soon though. If I see it during the christmas Steam sales for $5 I will probably buy it.
#29 Posted by greennoodles (404 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
For it to be overrated, people had to have liked it and as the game ages, it seems like everyone hated it. I for one loved it and have played through it 3 times, but from the looks of recent comments, almost everyone hated it. Nice to see a few people here who share my opinion though.
#30 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Who's not down with that?

I dunno. People who don't enjoy mediocre sandbox games? YAY GUNZ
#31 Posted by Yummylee (21203 posts) -

There's people who don't own this already?

#32 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

Unnecessary pack, imo.

#33 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

I enjoyed IV and don't own a copy (borrowed from my bro), but I'm pretty much done with GTA.

#34 Posted by JaredA (818 posts) -

Dude. I just bought this game 2 days ago! Now they are coming out with the complete edition?! FUUUUUUUU-

#35 Posted by PepeSilvia (84 posts) -

Enjoyed the expansions a lot. They were the perfect length and especially Gay Tony got the gameplay right with a lot more cover-based in-doors stuff mixed with tanks, choppers and other weird outdoorsy stuff.

#36 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

I miss the times when GTA was relevant.

#37 Posted by Tordah (2469 posts) -

Sweet, I haven't played any GTA4 yet so I hope this product is real.

#38 Posted by Peacemaker (1101 posts) -

40 bucks is worth it for the expansions alone.  That's a lot of game for your money though, maybe too much game.  

#39 Posted by Huhnerficker (4 posts) -
@Ventilaator:   I quit playing way to early.  I am going to go back and buy this so  I can finish it.  I am probably one in a thousand though.
#40 Posted by TheIneffableBob (243 posts) -

GTA 4  + DLC was $20 on Steam.

#41 Posted by Karmann (622 posts) -

I never got around to playing GTA4, so I might get this, ...29.95 would be better though...

#42 Posted by DeF (4775 posts) -

I'm not a big GTA fan (except for the oldschool 2D games!) but I might just get this cause I like complete packages for a good price ;)

#43 Posted by Smokay (525 posts) -

Truely,this is the age of game of the year/all addons+full game

#44 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
Are death threats looked down upon at Giantbomb?
#45 Posted by ChrisInCali (146 posts) -

GTA IV sucked balls, Rockstar better get it right next time.

#46 Posted by TiE23 (298 posts) -
@TheIneffableBob said:
" GTA 4  + DLC was $20 on Steam. "
Yeab, but you need a $2000 PC to make it run properly. That game is a total mess with the requirements.
#47 Posted by TheIneffableBob (243 posts) -
@TiE23 said:
" @TheIneffableBob said:
" GTA 4  + DLC was $20 on Steam. "
Yeab, but you need a $2000 PC to make it run properly. That game is a total mess with the requirements. "
Nope. I played GTA4 from beginning to end on a 4 year old PC. It got a little choppy sometimes, but it was playable and it looked good (better than console versions). I just built a new PC a couple months ago for $1000 and it maxes out Episodes from Liberty City at 60 FPS.
#48 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

It was a great game at the time but holy shit that game did not age well at all, in my opinion.

#49 Posted by Walreese55 (498 posts) -

The Ballad of Gay Tony is one of the greatest DLC I have ever played, I would buy this again if I didn't already buy both dlc packs and GTA4 twice

#50 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

Cool, too bad there's no Kinect stuff added on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.