Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

The future is looking expensive

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

Well I finally finished Grand Theft Auto IV today. I breezed through most of the game, but i failed that last misson something like 20 times. The bike section had so many hidden bumps and invisible walls that i ran into, and the few times i sucessfully jumped onto the helicopter, that douchebag Jimmy P shot me down with his rocket launcher, usually in one shot. And why in the world did my restarts always start at night time, regadless of when you originally started the mission? I couldn't see that stupid boat at night, thus couldn't hit it with my machine guns. anyway, its finally over. Now i've got about a week to finish Mirrors Edge, Bioshock AND Chrono Trigger before my own copy of Fallout 3 comes in the mail, which will render me completely useless until i go back to college.

And if i somehow don't get completely sucked in by Fallout 3, I'm probably going to pick up Madworld tomorrow, and i just picked up Castlevania SOTN, Castle Crashers, Street Fighter 2 HD Turbo Remix, and Ikargua on XBLA. I also preordered Suikoden Teirkreis, which comes out on the 17th, and if i can find a way, i'll be grabbing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, Avalon Code, and Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen. Not to mention Y's which is already out, Rhythm Heaven in April, Lux Pain at the end of March, and Virtual On coming to the XBLA who knows when

Update: Theres a new on-rails shooter Resident Evil coming soon. Its based on the events of Resident Evil 2. there goes another 50 bucks.

Two words. Ouch.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

Well I finally finished Grand Theft Auto IV today. I breezed through most of the game, but i failed that last misson something like 20 times. The bike section had so many hidden bumps and invisible walls that i ran into, and the few times i sucessfully jumped onto the helicopter, that douchebag Jimmy P shot me down with his rocket launcher, usually in one shot. And why in the world did my restarts always start at night time, regadless of when you originally started the mission? I couldn't see that stupid boat at night, thus couldn't hit it with my machine guns. anyway, its finally over. Now i've got about a week to finish Mirrors Edge, Bioshock AND Chrono Trigger before my own copy of Fallout 3 comes in the mail, which will render me completely useless until i go back to college.

And if i somehow don't get completely sucked in by Fallout 3, I'm probably going to pick up Madworld tomorrow, and i just picked up Castlevania SOTN, Castle Crashers, Street Fighter 2 HD Turbo Remix, and Ikargua on XBLA. I also preordered Suikoden Teirkreis, which comes out on the 17th, and if i can find a way, i'll be grabbing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, Avalon Code, and Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen. Not to mention Y's which is already out, Rhythm Heaven in April, Lux Pain at the end of March, and Virtual On coming to the XBLA who knows when

Update: Theres a new on-rails shooter Resident Evil coming soon. Its based on the events of Resident Evil 2. there goes another 50 bucks.

Two words. Ouch.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Wow, man.  That's too much gaming.  Haha.

But seriously, I can't remember, as it's been something close to a year, but I think the final mission in GTA always ends at night, despite your having started it during the day.  I guess it adds to the drama?

I finished that game right around the time I was just getting the hang of the motorcycles, so that final mission was a serious bitch for me as well.  Glad you finished it, though.  Do note: there is an alternate ending, contingent on whether you chose to make a deal or take revenge.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Yeah, I took the revenge. I really liked Dimitri at the beginning of the game, so when he betrayed me i was pissed. Besides, i had to do what Kate told me to do. Glad that worked out, right? And i actually was able to play that last mission in the daylight, but still lost each time, and when it restarted, it was always night.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

There have been so many games recently released that I've barely gotten into L&D.  Between Killzone 2 (finished the SP on normal, got 3% ranking online), Ryu ga Gotoku 3 (about 8 hours in), Persona 4 (picked up due to Amazon sale, about 16 hours in), Star Ocean 4 (about 18 hours in), Street Figher IV (over 45 hours played), I haven't had time.  There's even more games from last year I still have to beat.  After Resident Evil 5 and the new Riddick come out there doesn't seem to be many games I'm super excited about on the horizon so I'll finally have some time.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ

Ah lucky bastard with your Street Fighter 4 and all. I played it in an Akihabara arcade and loved it, but i don't buy console games unless they are severly discounted (read: used).  Madworld will be the exception to the rule. My damn gamestop didn't have it in yet. Isn't the new Riddick essentially a remake of the XBOXone?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diamond
    AgentJ said:
    Isn't the new Riddick essentially a remake of the XBOXone?"
    It's the Xbox 1 remade with new graphics and sound, but also a whole new campaign (the whole Dark Athena part) that's supposed to be about the same length and scope as the original.  I'll be interested to play though the old part again too, even though I already did on PC.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentJ

Its a shame i've never been a first-person kind of guy. I'd probably really enjoy Riddick otherwise. But I just don't generally enjoy first person games, especially the ones with melee combat (Elder Scrolls). I'd just like to randomly add that the new season of South Park starts tomorrow, so everybody get your clickers ready.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By bwooduhs
    AgentJ said:
    Two words. Ouch.
    Thats not two words.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

bwooduhs said:
    "AgentJ said:
    Two words. Ouch.
    Thats not two words."
    Yes, that's the joke.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "bwooduhs said:
    "AgentJ said:
    Two words. Ouch.
    Thats not two words."
    Yes, that's the joke. "
    My guess is he's just stating the obvious. he probably understands.
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By mattysen

First time, I went for deal, simply because of the mention of "when we get the money, we will mabye even fly to Vice City!" that just made me tick. 

*SPOLIERS*
    I was really pissed when they killed roman, so I loded up my other save just before the point of chosing, and I was much more chuffed with that ending. No vist to Vice City but, meh you know
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ
    mattysen said:
    "First time, I went for deal, simply because of the mention of "when we get the money, we will mabye even fly to Vice City!" that just made me tick. 
    *SPOLIERS*
    I was really pissed when they killed roman, so I loded up my other save just before the point of chosing, and I was much more chuffed with that ending. No vist to Vice City but, meh you know
    "
    I actually never liked Roman. My favorite hang-out character was Dwayne. Roman was always whining about something
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By mattysen
    AgentJ said:
    "mattysen said:
    "First time, I went for deal, simply because of the mention of "when we get the money, we will mabye even fly to Vice City!" that just made me tick. 
    *SPOLIERS*
    "
    I actually never liked Roman. My favorite hang-out character was Dwayne. Roman was always whining about something
    "
    Lol I killed Dwanye cause I wanted playboys penthouse and he seemed abit crazy to me. Not saying Playboy is not a massive dildo himself, because he is and I hate him. But you know I didnt really know who to kill and I wanted Playboys place so I thought I'd stay on his good side, now I realized the opposite.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentJ
    mattysen said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "mattysen said:
    *SPOLIERS*
    "
    "
    Lol I killed Dwanye cause I wanted playboys penthouse and he seemed abit crazy to me. Not saying Playboy is not a massive dildo himself, because he is and I hate him. But you know I didnt really know who to kill and I wanted Playboys place so I thought I'd stay on his good side, now I realized the opposite.
    "
    Uh, you get Plaboy Xs place whether or not you kill him. You start living there after he's dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.