Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

TLAD- bike race wierdness

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By oraknabo

I just tried for the fourth time to win the bike race up north of Alderney in Westdyke that goes over the beach and covers the same terrain as Nico's final mission.

The first time I lost just by being behind.

The second time I was in the lead, but I got thrown off my bike when I ran into a wall and I ended up sandwiched between the wall, a tree and another biker who slammed into me as I fell off the bike. The game kept saying "Get back on the Bike", but I couldn't because the other racer just sat there and pounded me over and over with his baseball bat until the timer ran out and said I had abandoned the race.

The third time my bike died as I rounded the first curb, maybe the guy who was hitting me had also been damaging the bike. Who knows.

Last time was the weirdest. After getting a new Lycan, I held 2nd place for most of the first 2 laps, then at the start of the 3rd lap, the guy in first place exploded and the race ended. I just got a "Race Abandoned" message on the screen even though every other racer was still in the race and I was still on the race path.

Guess I just got to try again.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax
    oraknabo said:

Last time was the weirdest. After getting a new Lycan, I held 2nd place for most of the first 2 laps, then at the start of the 3rd lap, the guy in first place exploded and the race ended. I just got a "Race Abandoned" message on the screen even though every other racer was still in the race and I was still on the race path.

I lol'd so hard at this part.
    Avatar image for gobiasindustries
    GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By GobiasIndustries

Hmmm I have never seen someone spontaneously explode in that game. But to be honest, that sounds fucking awesome.

I really really enjoy the bike races in that game, ROAD RASH HELLS YEAH.

Although I haven't encountered any of those problems.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By RedSox8933

i beat that race on my first try. and i used a hexer.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By natetodamax

I've never lost a single players race. It just doesn't seem possible.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By oraknabo

I beat it on the next try and nothing strange happened except on the last lap two guys that were fairly even with me  took off straight down the road on the first turn and never rejoined the race.

GobiasIndustries said:

"Hmmm I have never seen someone spontaneously explode in that game. But to be honest, that sounds fucking awesome.
    I think he must have run into something and either his bike exploded or some car he hit exploded. I was going fast and rounding a corner when it happened, so I barely saw what was happening.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By natetodamax
    oraknabo said:
    "I beat it on the next try and nothing strange happened except on the last lap two guys that were fairly even with me  took off straight down the road on the first turn and never rejoined the race.

Aha, I laughed again. You got some stupid AI on your copy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.