Was there a Quick Look of The Lost and the Damned...?

#1 Posted by Ockman (182 posts) -

So, obviously, I'm looking through the site, and looking through all GTAIV videos, and I don't see one, but I feel like I remember seeing a Quick Look of The Lost and the Damned done on this site. It's driving me nuts, because I can remember watching someone play the opening parts of the game...do some of the slow driving on the motorcycles with the gang early in the game, and that's it. I remember dudes talking over the footage, and I keep thinking that it was Ryan that did it too...

yet I look and look on here, and I don't see that they've done a quick look of the game. Am I going crazy? I've never owned it, I never knew anyone who bought it, and since giantbomb started, this has been my one and only favorite video game website, so I can't imagine seeing something else on another website. 

Am I completely off, or was there a quick look when it came out, but for some reason got taken down? I really wanted to check it out again, because I'm thinking about picking up one of the DLC expansions, and I just always like to check with giantbomb before I make any commitments.

#2 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I dont' recall one.
They did a GTA4 QL back in the day, but I don't think they've done one since.

And there's also not one on the GTA4 page.

#3 Posted by Kraznor (1573 posts) -

Yeah, there definitely was one. I vividly remember Ryan really liking Billy's voice and they said "BROTHERHOOD" in a comical fashion over and over.

#4 Posted by innacces14 (733 posts) -

I do recall there being a Quick Look for TLAD. I remember Ryan getting blown away by a barrel after shooting it and making a crack about barrels finally being able to explode with the download.

#5 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Wow I totally missed that, but then I thought I'd seen every quick look.
I stand corrected.

#6 Posted by Kraznor (1573 posts) -

Okay, mystery kind of solved. Here is a link to a news story that featured the quicklook. I vaguely recalled watching it within a news article and indeed it was. However, the video was not working for me but it does prove it did indeed exist. For some reason it was never put with the other Quicklook videos.

#7 Posted by MrKlorox (11186 posts) -

Ah yes... that 70's filter.

#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

It may have been taken done due to having a copyrighted song in the video.  That's my guess.

#9 Posted by KamasamaK (2406 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" They did a GTA4 QL back in the day "
Sure about that? If so, it's also not there anymore.
#10 Posted by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -

They must have taken them down for some reason. Because I know that they did have QL's for both GTAIV and the Lost and Damned.

#11 Posted by Kraznor (1573 posts) -

The GTA IV quicklook was not ever a video on the site, it was a live broadcast they did on Justin.tv. This was super early on and don't think it was ever posted again. I only saw part of it.

#12 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

the lost and damned quick look was originally like 20 minutes, got pulled and put back up with a 9 minute video, then got pulled forever, im guessing rockstar complained about something

all of this happened within a couple of hours if i remember

dont ask me why or how i remember all this so vividly...

#13 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" They did a GTA4 QL back in the day
they did a couple hour live playthrough of the beginning of the game on justin tv or something like that but not an official quick look i dont think
although that one definitely was what the quick look idea spawned from
#14 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@Kamasama said:
" @Ineedaname said:
" They did a GTA4 QL back in the day "
Sure about that? If so, it's also not there anymore. "
As a few latter posters said, it was on Justin.tv, pretty sure they done it live, though I never actually watched it, it's still on there I think, if you can find the GB channel, it'll be in the archive.
#15 Posted by KamasamaK (2406 posts) -
@Ineedaname: Ok, I just wanted to be sure what you were talking about. As NickL says, that wasn't actually a Quick Look.
#16 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@Kamasama: Technically I suppose it wasn't.
Sorry for the confusion, please forgive me.
#17 Posted by Typetool (122 posts) -

i dont remember

#18 Posted by Pazy (2553 posts) -

I found the param page in the source code but there isnt a listing there anymore so I cant find the link to the video (I was hoping to find the link which means i could check if it was still there). I wish they would put it back up even in a edited form with the infringing part removed or at least explain why they removed it.

#19 Posted by Typetool (122 posts) -

I looked for it but can't find any

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.