Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Where Next For GTA?

• 61 results
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I wanna see a Seattle- like area. If they have to be gritty, go to the grittiest place in America.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

GTA: moonandreas 

imagine jacking a rocket

wait that came out wrong :P
    MMMman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By MMMman
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "MMMman said:
    GTA IV is just a prettier GTAIII"
    And I am completely content with that, because III was, and still is, my favorite of the series."

Mine too! I love the purity of III, it's the only one i go back to and play through again every now and then. I think its the only last generation GTA to get the tone of the story spot on too; Vice City was just too Scarface and San An's plot is just all over the place.
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By BigBoss1911

Im hoping they go back to San Andreas.GTA 4 engine in san andreas......aw man...

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Emilio

If they go to the future, they should do it a bit like Blade Runner. RIGHT? AM I RIGHT?!?!

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By KingBroly

Cut out 75% of the story, focus on free-roaming stuff.  That's where they should go.  You know, the fun stuff.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By alexl86
    DA_SHREDDER said:
    "What Houser said,, is that GTA games arent getting any smaller, so the next installment of GTA will be on the ps3 exlcusivley.
    "

No, he said they were looking for solutions to bring the game to 360. Making PS3 exclusives is bad for business, there aren't enough of them out there. Why do you think FFXIII suddenly went multiplatform? There aren't enough PS3's out there for the developers to really make a profit.
    Mistyshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Mistyshadow

I'd likely to see the next GTA game in a different city that hasn't been done such as London, Tokyo, Hong Kong or Shanghai for example.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'd kind of like to see Carser City finally come to life in 3D. Also, I'd totally love to return to Vice City, however I don't want the island to be completely remade like Liberty City was for GTAIV. I love Vice City's design too much the way it is. Unfortunately, as it stands now, it would be too small to be in GTAV alone.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By calf_exercises

back to VC, I think its is the best sort of setting. it was my favourite one of the last gen GTA's

creamstatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By creamstatic

I think the reason GTA London never made it to 3d was that it just didnt "work" for a really epic sandbox environment. I say stay away from London
    I agree that Vice City should be the next step. They should just continue with a formulae that absolutely works and is beautiful.
    Even GTA London on PS1 was really short compared to the other GTAs on PS1. It just wouldnt cut it in 3d. Anybody seen the Getaway these days?

Right now, I'm just wondering how much Rock* will be jamming into the DLC coming Q1 2009 at the moment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.