Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Wht can't trophies be retroactive?

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By killroycantkill

I do not understand why the GTA4 trophies are not retroactive. All the stats are recorded online down to how far you have walked..... just seems lazy to me.

jarryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jarryd

because on the ps3 you are able to copy save files and get other peoples save files so if someone has finished the game and gotten every trophey, you can use their save and then get them all yourself

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pibo47
    jarryd said:
    "because on the ps3 you are able to copy save files and get other peoples save files so if someone has finished the game and gotten every trophey, you can use their save and then get them all yourself"
    There are ways sony can stop that. They are just either to stupid or lazy to do it :).
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tylea002

My assumptions would be that trophies work by an event being triggered, and they didn't program the trophy to see if sometime prior, said trigger had been activated.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By CharleyTony

yeah its probaly the coding in the game,,,

I guess it says "when this happens give out this trophy", instead of "if this happens or has hapened give this trophy"

And Im sure that if you asked the question to someone at Sony they would simply say: " that's so you can enjoy the game all over again !"

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By psmgamer

The trophies are tied to your PSN ID I believe. I have beaten the game once and don't mind beating it again to unlock the trophies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.