Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 24, 2005

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories is the first of the "Stories" series where you play in Liberty City as Toni Cipriani. It was originally released exclusively on the PlayStation Portable (PSP), but was ported to the PlayStation 2 in the following year.

Radio Stations in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By WickedCobra03

Okay, so I think I played through and actually enjoyed the Grand Theft Auto IV more than most people, but not for some huge gameplay feature, the story, the great characters, but for the Journey.  Seriously, I would only have Grand Theft Auto IV in my PS3 for months on end; just booting the game up only to play one mission, do some races, ect.  "The Journey" station is just so relaxing and almost became a habit.

Blueman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Blueman

I agree with you that 'The Journey' is the best station on GTA IV, however, the radio stations from Vice City are ten times better than anything in IV.
    WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WickedCobra03
    @Blueman said:
    " I agree with you that 'The Journey' is the best station on GTA IV, however, the radio stations from Vice City are ten times better. "
    Oh, don't get me wrong, Vice City's soundtrack was amazing.  I already loved that 80's music and then when I played the game and just listened through the entire soundtrack as I played the game, it just made the game that much better.    

I bought the expansions for my Playstation 3, but without  "The Journey", I think it will be a new experience and hopefully I can pull something from the new soundtrack, lol. :P
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Just wish they'd have the new stations available as download =/. But I guess they're exclusive to give the disc version some purpose.
    WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WickedCobra03

I will check that out.  I just picked it up and have been meaning to play it, but I have been trying to finally finish off Brute Force for the original Xbox which I never actually finished finished back in the day.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

Why did you call this thread "Radio Stations in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories" and put it in the Liberty City Stories forum when it isn't about Liberty City Stories?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1
    @natetodamax said:
    " Why did you call this thread "Radio Stations in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories" and put it in the Liberty City Stories forum when it isn't about Liberty City Stories? "
    he probably got confused between Episodes from Liberty City and Liberty City Stories o-o
    Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Bluethunder35
    @AjayRaz: 

It can confuse a few people.
    Me, I like the new Vice City station in the standalone version of Episodes Of Liberty City. I love 80's music and they picked some good stuff.
    The music in GTAIV wasn't the best but many believe Episodes rectify that. However, I liked San Andreas' soundtrack more than Episodes.
    RoujinX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RoujinX

Grand Theft Auto 3's Dub station, K-Jah, introduced me to Scientist years ago. I was looking onine for some of the tracks to download, when I came across an article saying that the entire station was basically one-half of Scientist's album "Scientist Rids the World of the Curse of the Evil Vampires". He sued rockstar, and the following wikipedia entry ensued:  
    "Scientist received no royalties for this and sued Greensleeves Records unsuccessfully in a US court. The court ruled that according to precedent a recording mixer was not considered the author of a musical work, and so Rockstar were correct to treat the producer Henry "Junjo" Lawes as the copyright holder of the album." 
    However, it was also the largest worldwide release of ANY of his work and resulted in a decades-late fanbase being sprouted, including myself who has purchased (yes, purchased, not torrented or downloaded), all but 2 of his albums. "Scientist Wins the World Cup" is my favourite.

Also, I have the Sounds of Vice City Box-Set, and I stand today as saying it is currently the best 80's compilation in existance.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Capum15

I love Radio Vladivostok. I just wish so much that the original songs were in the Episodes disc. It would've made the best station even best-er. Funky Eastern Bloc stuff with Electronica? Fuck yeah. Ruslana was a great host, too. Sad that they didn't though.

Even though I love that station, nothing, NOTHING, will ever top Vice City Public Radio with your host, Maurice Chavez.

"No! I am the sole judge of truth and decency! Get back Heathen, Get back!"
    "I love you all!"
    "Evil-Doer! DIE, DEVIL! DIE!" *BLAM*
    "Dios mio! You shot him! The-there-there's blood, a-and pubic hair all over the studio!...Ladies and Gentlemen, it is complete pandemonium here on Pressing Issues with me, the multi-award winning and soon to be executed Maurice Chavez..."

That is the single most memorable thing about Vice City radio to me (not that the rest wasn't memorable, it was, just not as much).

At 4:05 is where it gets really good. Absolutely hilarious. 4:32 if you're not patient. I laughed for so long when I first heard it in-game.

"Shall I send him to hell Maurice?"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.