Cypress Hill singer wakes from 6 year bong haze to be stupid

#1 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/12/cypress-hill-singer-suing-grand-theft-auto-claims-hes-the-real-cj/     

Michael “Shagg” Washington, a “backup singer” with rap act Cypress Hill, has decided in 2010 to sue Grand Theft Auto developers Rockstar for a game they released in 2004. Why? He reckons he’s the star of GTA: San Andreas.

Washington, who says he only just heard about the game from his nephew, is basing his case on the claim that in 2003 Rockstar met with him to speak about his life growing up in gangs, during which time he told the developers, among other things, “how the teen-agers (sic) in his gang rode around on bicycles”. 

TOTAL DAMAGES SOUGHT BY WASHINGTON = $250 million 

#2 Posted by Hailinel (24280 posts) -

I wasn't aware that he's an up-and-coming gang leader living in a state that's kinda-sorta like California that spends his free time by taking ATVs for joyrides off of high cliffs.

#3 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

The best part is he said as teenagers they rode bikes, guess what, so did a lot of other kids.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" I wasn't aware that he's an up-and-coming gang leader living in a state that's kinda-sorta like California that spends his free time by taking ATVs for joyrides off of high cliffs. "
and nevada, don't forget nevada
#5 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

I RODE ON DA BICYCLES GIVE ME 250 MILLION MAWFUCKAH
#6 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

It's kind of like this, but instead of a legitimate internet startup it's a hoodlum on a Huffy.
#7 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

He can have his money when he shows me his jetpack.

#8 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

I was trying to put to words how dumb this is, but instead all I'm left with is "DUUUUUUUUUURRRRRN" 
That is the god damned dumbest thing. 

#9 Posted by HatKing (5875 posts) -

Well I rode my bike in 2002 so I think Mr.Washington actually owes me some money.
#10 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@HatKing: yo I had my bike stolen, that's like crime AND bikes! I'm owed double whatever you get.
#11 Posted by mrfizzy (1527 posts) -

please god be joking. i cannot believe this could possibly be real. humanity is fucked. 

#12 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

Does this mean I'm a gangster?

#13 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@Rayfield: Expert use of kenneth williams.
#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

I've seen a lot of stories of people trying to abuse the legal system to get money they don't deserve, but this is just plain dumb. I'd like to believe this was just a publicity stunt on the part of the singer but sadly I think that's expecting a little too much in terms of how well thought-out this is.

#15 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Rockstar will rend him asunder. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.