Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) takes the franchise back to the city of Los Santos previously seen in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Unlike prior games in the series which focus on telling the story of a single player controlled character, GTA V features three central characters that the player is able to actively switch between at nearly any time during gameplay.
Rockstar Games states that this will be their largest open world game to date, boasting a total area greater than those of GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, and Red Dead Redemption combined. At a preview event in Spring 2013, reps said that the map in GTA V will be "five times bigger than Red Dead Redemption".
A first for the franchise, players won't be restricted from certain areas in the game and can now explore the entire environment at their leisure.
At E3 2014, it was announced that Grand Theft Auto V would be coming to the PlayStation 4, the Xbox One, and the PC in the Fall of 2014.
Gameplay will be similar to that of previous installments in the franchise. Players will control one of three characters in a free-roaming open-world environment. GTA V will place a higher emphasis on heist missions, in which players can switch between the various protagonists on the fly, potentially allowing them to take control of a car or provide covering fire as they see fit. Players can also switch between the protagonists between missions at any time.
Many of the game elements found in GTA IV will return, such as: fake TV shows, minigames, clothing customization, and leisure activities, which now include tennis, yoga and base jumping. Dynamic missions have been introduced - similar to the random encounters of Red Dead Redemption, players may come across certain situations as they travel the world that they can choose whether or not to investigate.
The customary bevy of vehicles and weapons are available. A first in the series, weapons now boast the ability to be outfitted with custom parts; silencers, flashlights and more can be liberally applied to weapons of all types.
GTA V splits its story between three playable characters, each representing a different side of Los Santos. Each character will have their own missions and side stories, as well as their own daily routines when not controlled by the player. The story progresses as the player completes missions with all three, which can allow the player to have insight into the events even when their current character does not. The player can switch between the characters at any time.
The three playable protagonists of the game are a retired bank robber named Michael, a violent career criminal named Trevor, and a young repo man named Franklin. Each character will represent a different personality and angle of the world of crime in Los Santos.
Michael is a successful former bank robber in his early 40s, who decided to retire by making a deal with the authorities, and settled down with his family. Now, his marriage is in ruins and he is incapable of connecting with either of his two teenage children. Michael seeks to ditch his lush life in Rockford Hills and get back in the game.
Trevor is a violent drug addict, in his early 40s. He has worked with Michael in the past, and is firmly entrenched in a life of crime. He has experience as a former military pilot and is currently living in Blaine County. He is the 'loose cannon' of the group.
Franklin works as a repo man for a luxury car dealership in South Los Santos. He is an ambitious hustler in his mid 20s who seeks fortune and only knows how to attain it on the streets. Franklin is fit and much more capable than Michael and Trevor.
Preliminary reports describe Grand Theft Auto V's graphics engine as a modified version of the Rage engine used in Grand Theft Auto IV. The engine was extensively modified for Red Dead Redemption after GTA IV and further refinements are reported to be made for GTA V and Max Payne 3.
The online multiplayer component, referred to as GTA Online, The online multiplayer component, referred to as GTA Online, will launch as a free download two weeks after the initial release of GTA V. The service officially launched on October 1st, 2013.
In GTA Online, up to 16 players engage in co-op missions, competitive deathmatches and races, or free roam activities. An included in-game editor will also allow players to design their own missions to share with other players. Nearly all of the components from the single player game are accessible in GTA Online including side activities such as golf and tennis. Additionally, the multiplayer features player progression and persistence with each player earning reputation points and money to spend on clothing, properties, vehicles, weapons, and more. Some elements of the world will also be persistent among all players in GTA Online including for example the stock prices of various companies players can invest money into.
GTA Online is set prior to the events of GTA V's single player and will feature interactions with some of its characters.
Rockstar has stated that GTA Online will have extended support with additional content, including the possible addition of new areas at some point in the future.
GTA Online launched on October 1st, 2013, but had some major server issues after it launched, mainly because of "millions" of people logging in to the service at the same time. Rockstar confirmed that they were having server issues the same day, and have been working to fix the server issues since. They have posted multiple blog posts about the progress, and almost all the server issues have been resolved.
GTA V features 240 licensed tracks across 15 radio stations, and is the first game in the franchise to also feature an original score. The original score is produced by three separate composers, Edgar Froese of the electronic band Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson who previously worked on the Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire soundtracks, and the hip-hop duo Alchemist and Oh No. Each composer's distinct sound is used to define the different characters and environments of the game.
|East LOS FM|
Genre: Various Mexican Music
DJ: Camilo Lara & Don Cheto
- La Vida Boheme - Radio Capital
- Hechizeros Band - El Sonidito
- La Liga ft. Alika - Yo Tengo El Don
- Los Buitres de Culiacan - El Cocaino
- Mexican Institute of Sound - Es-Toy
- Niña Dioz - Criminal Sound
- Fandango - Autos, Moda, y Rock and Roll
- Don Cheto - El Tatuado
- La Sonora Dinamita - Se Me Perdió La Cadenita
- Fiebre de Jack - She's a Tease
- Maldita Vecinidad - Pachuco
- Milkman - Fresco
- Los Tigres del Norte - La Granja
- Los Angeles Negros - El Rey y Yo
DJ: Flying Lotus
- Flying Lotus feat. Niki Randa - Getting There
- Clams Casino - Crystals
- Flying Lotus - Crosswerved
- Flying Lotus - Be Spin
- Flying Lotus - See Thru to U
- Flying Lotus - The Diddler
- Flying Lotus - Computer Face Rmx
- Hudson Mohawke - 100hm
- Flying Lotus feat. Niki Randa - The Kill
- Tyler, the Creator - Garbage
- Outkast - Elevators (Me & You)
- Captain Murphy - Evil Grin
- Flying Lotus - Catapult Man
- Dabrye - Encoded Flow
- Machinedrum - She Died There
- DJ Rashad - It's Wack
- Thundercat - Oh Sheit It's X
- Flying Lotus - Stonecutters
- Shadow Child - 23
- Kingdom - Stalker Ha
- Aphex Twin - Windowlicker
DJ: Jesco White
- Charlie Feathers - Can't Hardly Stand It
- Johnny Paycheck - It Won't Be Long (And I'll Be Hating You)
- Hasil Adkins - Get Out of My Car
- Waylon Jennings - Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
- Hank Thompson - It Don't Hurt Anymore
- Jerry Reed - You Took All the Ramblin' Out of Me
- Johnny Cash - General Lee
- Ozark Mountain Daredevils - If You Wanna Get to Heaven
- Waylon Jennings - I Ain't Living Long Like This
- Willie Nelson - Whiskey River
- CW McCall - Convoy
|Vinewood Boulevard Radio|
Genre: Modern Rock
DJ: Stephen Pope and Nathan Williams
- Shark? – California Grrrls
- Bass Drum of Death – Crawling After You
- Thee Oh Sees – The Dream
- Wavves - Nine is God
- Fidlar - Cocaine
- Hot Snakes - This Mystic Decade
- Moon Duo - Sleepwalker
- Sam Flax - Fire Doesn't Burn Itself
- The Black Angels - Black Grease
- METZ - Wet Blanket
- Ceremony - Hysteria
- Ty Segall - Diddy Wah Diddy
|West Coast Classics|
Genre: 90's Rap
DJ: DJ Pooh
Info: DJ Pooh was a co-writer on GTA: San Andreas.
- The Dogg Pound - What Would You Do
- Compton's Most Wanted - Late Night Hype
- NWA - Gangsta Gangsta
- 2Pac - Ambitionz Az A Ridah
- DJ Quik - Dollaz & Sense
- Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg - Still D.R.E.
- King Tee - Played Like a Piano
- Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg - The Next Episode
- Ice Cube - You Know How We Do It
- Kausion - What You Wanna Do
- Kurupt - C-Walk
- Mack 10 & Tha Dogg Pound - Nothin' but the Cavi Hit
- MC Eiht - Streiht Up Menace
- NWA - Appetite for Destruction
- Snoop Dogg - Gin and Juice
- The Geto Boys - Mind Playin' Tricks on Me
- Too $hort - So You Want to Be a Gangster
|Radio Los Santos 106.1|
Genre: Modern Rap
DJ: Big Boy
- A$AP Rocky - r-cali
- Marion Band$ ft. Nipsey Hussle - Hold Up
- Problem ft. Glass Malone - Say That Then
- YG - I'm a Real 1
- 100s - Life of a Mack
- Ab Soul ft Kendrick Lamar - Illuminate
- BJ The Chicago Kid ft. Freddie Gibbs and Problem - Smoke and Ride
- Kendrick Lamar - A.D.H.D.
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar - Hood Gone Love It
- The Game ft 2Chainz and Rick Ross - Ali Bomaye
- Freddie Gibbs - Still Livin'
- Future - How It Was
- Clyde Carson ft. The Team - Slow Down
- Gucci Mane ft. Ciara - Too Hood
- Gangrene - Bassheads
DJ: Keith Morris
- Circle Jerks - Rock House
- The Germs - Lexicon Devil
- Youth Brigade - Blown Away
- The Weirdos - Life of Crime
- Black Flag - My War
- T.S.O.L. - Abolish Government / Silent Majority
- Descendants - Pervert
- Suicidal Tendencies - Subliminal
- Fear - The Mouth Don't Stop (The Trouble with Women IS)
- Adolescents - Amoeba
- Agent Orange - Bored of you
- OFF! - What's Next?
|Blaine County Talk Radio 96.5|
1. Beyond Insemination
Host: Duane Earl
2. BCR Community Hour
Host: Ron Jakowski (Nervous Ron)
3. Bless Your Heart
Host: Bobby June
|West Coast Talk Radio - WCTR 95.6|
- Host: Michelle Minx
- Co-host: Lazlow
2. Chakra Attack
- Host: Dr. Ray D'Angelo Harris
- Co-host: Cheryl
3. The Fernando Show
DJ: Bootsy Collins
- Rick James - Give it to Me Baby
- Evelyn "Champagne" King - I'm in Love (12" Version)
- Eddie Murphy - Party all the Time
- Kleer - Tonight
- D Train - You're the One for Me
- Zapp - Heartbreaker, Pts. 1-2
- Kano - Can't Hold Back (Your Loving)
- One Way - Cutie Pie
- Stevie Wonder - Skeletons
- Bootsy Collins - I'd Rather Be With You
- Bernard Wright - Haboglabotribin'
- Sho Nuff - Funkasize You
- Taana Gardner - Heartbeat (Club Version)
|Radio Mirror Park|
DJ: Twin Shadow
- Black Strobe - Boogie in Zero Gravity
- Feathers - Dark Matter
- Poolside - Do You Believe?
- Dan Croll - From Nowhere (Baardsen Remix)
- Jai Paul - Jasmine (Demo)
- DJ Mehdi - Lucky Boy (Outlines Remix)
- Yacht - Psychic City (Classixx Remix)
- The C90's - Shine A Light (Flight Facilities Remix)
- Twin Shadow - Shooting Holes
- Twin Shadow - Old Love, New Love
- Toro Y Moi - So Many Details
- Miami Horror - Sometimes
- Yeasayer - Don't Come Close
- The Chain Gang of 1974 - Sleepwalking
- Battle Tapes - Feel the Same
- Living Days - Little White Lie
- Tony Castles - Heart in the Pipes (Kauf Remix)
- Age of Consent - Colours
- Favored Nations - The Set Up
- Neon Indian - Change of Coast
- Nite Jewel - Nowhere to Go
- HEALTH - High Pressure Dave
|The Low Down 91.1|
DJ: 'Mama G' Pam Grier
- Marlena Shaw - California Soul
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Cruisin'
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Aaron Neville - Hercules
- War - The Cisco Kid
- The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
- The Delfonics - Ready or Not Here I Come (Can't Hide from Love)
- The Trammps - Rubber Band
- Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- George McCrae - I Get Lifted
- The Soul Searchers - Ashley's Roachclip
- El Chicano - Viva Tirado
DJ: Giles Peterson
- inc. - Cold Air
- Mala - Ghost
- Swindle - Forest Funk
- Tom Browne - Throw Down
- Donald Byrd - You and the Music
- Candido - Thousand Finger Man
- Toro y Moi - Harm in Charge
- Kyodai - Breaking
- Django Django - Waveforms
- Gaslamp Killer - Nissim
- Owiny Sigoma Band - Harpoon Land
- Yuna - Live Your Life (Melo-X Motherland God Mix)
- Hackman - Forgotten Notes
- Cashmere Cat - Mirror Maru
- Trickski - Beginnings
- Guts - Brand New Revolution
- Kiko Navarro & Tuccillo, Amor - Lovery (Slow Cuban Vibe Mix)
- Richard Spaven - 1759 (Outro)
|The Blue Ark|
DJ: Lee "Scratch" Perry
- Dennis Brown - Money in my Pocket
- Half Pint - Crazy Girl
- Joe Gibbs & The Professionals - Chapter Three
- Lee Perry & The Full Experience - Disco Devil
- The Upsetters - Grumblin' Dub
- KonShens - Gun Shot a Fire
- Lee Perry & The Upsetters - I Am a Madman
- Protoje - Kingston Be Wise
- Gregory Isaacs - Night Nurse
- Yellowman - Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt
- Chronixx - Odd Ras
- Tommy Lee Sparta - Psycho
- Junior Delgado - Sons of Slaves
- Vybz Kartel ft. Popcaan - We Never Fear Dem
- Mim Suleiman - "Mingi"
- FKCLUB - The Strange Art (ID Remix)
- Matias Aguayo - El Sucu Tucu
- Joe Goddard ft. Valentina - Gabriel (Soulwax Remix)
- Daniel Maloso - Body Music
- Green Velvet & Harvard Bass - Lazer Beams
- Zombie Nation - Tryouts
- Tiga - Plush (Jacques Lu Cont Remix)
- Pulp - After You (Soulwax Remix)
- The Hacker - Shockwave (Gesaffelstein Remix)
- Transistorcake - Mr.Croissant Taker
- Goose - Synrise (Soulwax Remix)
- Jackson and his Computerband - Arp #1
- Tom Rowlands - Nothing but Pleasure
- Joe Goddard - Gabriel
- FKCLUB - The Strange Act
- Supersempfft - Let's Beam Him Up
- Fatal Error - Fatal Error
- Palmbomen - Stock (Soulwax Remix)
|Non Stop Pop FM|
DJ: Cara Delevigne
- Corona - The Rhythm of the Night
- Modjo - Lady (Hear Me Tonight)
- Britney Spears - Gimmie More
- Rihanna - Only Girl (In the World)
- Stardust - Music Sounds Better with You
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall in Love
- Robyn ft. Kleerup - With Every Heartbeat
- The Blackout All-Stars - I Like it Like That
- Kelly Rowland - Work (Freemasons Remix)
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- All Saints - Pure Shores
- Mis-Teeq - Scandalous
- Amerie - 1 Thing
- Fergie ft. Ludacris - Glamorous
- Hall & Oates - Adult Education
- N-Joi - Anthem
- Wham! - Everything She Wants
|Los Santos Rock Radio|
DJ: Kenny Loggins
- Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake
- Queen - Radio Ga Ga
- Foreigner - Dirty White Boy
- The Cult - Rain
- Steve Miller Band - Rock 'N Me
- The Alan Parsons Project - I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You
- Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
- Greg Kihn Band - The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em)
- Julian Lennon - Too Late for Goodbyes
- The Doobie Brothers - What a Fool Believes
- Billy Squier - Lonely is the Night
- Bob Seger - Hollywood Nights
- Bob Seger - Night Moves
- Phil Collins - I Don't Care Anymore
- Chicago - If you Leave Me Now
- Def Leppard - Photograph
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Stevie Nicks - I Can't Wait
- Don Johnson - Heartbeat
- Robert Plant - Big Log
- Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)
- Simple Minds - All the Things She Said
The Beach Bum Pack
The Beach Bum Pack is a free GTA Online update released on November 19, 2013. The pack is included in the 1.06 title update on the PS3. Xbox 360 users must download the 1.06 title update, (or later) then download the pack separately on the Xbox Games Store. The Beach Bum Pack includes: (Vehicles and weapons are also available in story mode)
- 4 New vehicles: BF Bifta, Canis Kalahari, Bravado Paradise and Speeder.
- 2 New weapons: SNS (Saturday Night Special) compact pistol and a broken glass bottle.
- 30 New jobs, including: Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings, Gang Attacks and a new survival on Del Perro Pier.
- New beach themed apparel, hairstyles and tattoos.
The Business Update
The business update is a free GTA Online update released on March 4, 2014. The update is included in the 1.11 title update for both the PS3, and Xbox 360. The Business update includes: (Vehicles and weapons are also available in story mode)
- 4 new vehicles: Albany Alpha, Dinka Jester, Grotti Turismo R and Vestra.
- New vehicle horn, and wheel smoke options
- 2 new weapons: Heavy Pistol and Special Carbine
- New business themed apparel
- 14 new missions: 4 land races, 4 air races, 1 survival, 1 capture, 1 last team standing, 1 team death match, and 2 vehicle deathmatches.
The High Life Update
The high life update is a free GTA Online update released on May 13, 2014. The update is included in the 1.13 title update for both the PS3 and Xbox 360. The High Life Update includes: (Vehicles and weapons are also available in story mode)
- 5 New apartments, with a new high-end apartment design
- The ability to own 2 properties, instead of just one.
- 4 new vehicles: Enus Huntley S (SUV), Dewbauchee Massacro (Sports), Pegassi Zentorno (Super) and Dinka Thrust (Motorcycle)
- A new option in race mode: Non Contact - Players can not collide with other players in a standard race.
- 1 New weapon: Bullpup rifle
- 15 new Jobs - including 5 new Contact Missions
- Mental State - Players in free roam now have a mental state. Players icons on the map will start out white, but for players that enjoy killing civilians, and / or other players, their icon will progressively turn a deeper shade of red. This makes it easier for other players to determine weather another player is likely to shoot them on sight.
GTA Online: "I'm Not a Hipster" update
The "I'm Not a Hipster" update is a free GTA Online released on June 17, 2014. The update is included in the 1.14 title update for both the PS3 and Xbox 360. The "I'm Not a Hipster update includes: (Vehicles and weapons are also available in story mode)
Title Update Change-log
As of June 17, 2014, there have been 14 title updates to GTA V. You can see the full change-log for every update here.
Special and Collector's Edition
Rockstar Games has announced that the Special and Collector's edition of GTA V will be available for pre-order as of May 23, 2013 from participating retailers. The special edition is set to retail for $80 and Collector's edition for $150. In addition to any variation of a GTA V pre-order, customers will receive access to the "Atomic Blimp" as an in-game vehicle.
- A full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto 5
- Collectible Steelbook featuring exclusive artwork
- Exclusive 21.5” x 26.75” blueprint map with points of interest and fast-cash opportunities cryptically marked.
- 25% regeneration increase to Michael, Franklin and Trevor's special abilities.
- Stunt plane trials across Los Santos and Blaine County
- Bonus main character outfits, tattoos and special deals with stores across Los Santos and Blaine County
- Free exclusive weapons in Ammunation stores in single player: Pistol .50, Bullpop Shotgun and Melee Hammer
- Everything included in the Special Edition of GTA V
- Grand Theft Auto V security deposit bag and logo key
- Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY™ Snapback Cap
- Classic characters from previous Grand Theft Auto games for use within the multiplayer customization system
- Special vehicles and garage property including, 1930's style Hotknife and CarbonRS sports bike within single player as well as the Khamelion electric car in multiplayer