Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

100% developed for the Playstation 3

• 77 results
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By DeF

@warxsnake: thanks for enlightening me! that all sounds like a headache ... the very limited basic java programming I had to do a couple of years ago already turned me off but with stuff like this it makes me wonder how games manage to run and look as good as they do :)

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vitor

@Raciend said:

@CL60 said:

@CheapPoison

Guys guys!

You know rockstar doesn't develop with the pc in mind.

And if they did i would be worried....

Why? The Max Payne 3 port runs flawlessly.

Yeah, and the GTA 1 to San Andreas was all great on PC (much better than on consoles). GTA4 was shit on PC, so I got it on PS3, but I do 85-90% of all my gaming on PC these days so I pray that they do a propper job this time!

LA Noire was clearly a rush job and now they understand the whole quad-core thing after the GTA4 debacle. I really doubt they'd screw up again. Max Payne 3 was an amazing port and if they handle 5 anywhere near as well, I'll be happy.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By alternate

I bet the PS3 version will be good this time - after the fuckup last time, but porting from PS3 to PC is bullshit. The bulk of the early work is done on PC architecture so that path makes zero sense - even if it was some quick and dirty cash in port,.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BBQBram

I'd highly doubt it. I just want a release date at this point, and it'll come out simultaneously on all consoles anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@CL60 said:

Youtube comments are a pretty reliable source of information.

:-)

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By toowalrus

If it turns out as good as the Max Payne 3 PC port, I'm totally cool with this.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By ExplodeMode

I wouldn't think so, but youtube said that? He's a pretty reliable guy.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

100% deverloped for the Wii U. Confirmed by David Jaffe at my cousin's friend's mom house.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#59  Edited By alistercat

@Krakn3Dfx said:

100% deverloped for the Wii U. Confirmed by David Jaffe at my cousin's friend's mom house.

Jaffe likes mums, not surprised.

GiantBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GiantBomber

Holy shit,

Fuck the ported version, I must play this game the way it was intended on a PS3, then I'll have a true 1:1 ratio experience, I Win.

Said the PS3 fanboy

Hunger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Hunger

If this is true, then PC is going to get the short end of the stick. While cross-platform games between PS3 and 360 are very similar, most of the time the PC versions get shafted. Whether it's the exclusion of the standard selection of resolutions, or things like an FOV slider and responsive controls, games where the PC is not the lead platform usually mean the PC version is not up to snuff. 

A good example of this would be Borderlands or Gotham City Imposters, where for the most part the console versions were fine, the PC versions were missing features that are necessities for PC games.

RivenD3ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RivenD3ll

I hope so, because after playing New Vegas on the PS3 and getting not only terrible framerate, but freezing every 20-30 minutes, it comes to show just about every port to the PS3 is awful (or in my experience). Lazy devs are lazy

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I see this launching with the next Xbox. With low res versions on the PS3 and 360.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Sooty

@Hunger said:

If this is true, then PC is going to get the short end of the stick. While cross-platform games between PS3 and 360 are very similar, most of the time the PC versions get shafted. Whether it's the exclusion of the standard selection of resolutions, or things like an FOV slider and responsive controls, games where the PC is not the lead platform usually mean the PC version is not up to snuff. A good example of this would be Borderlands or Gotham City Imposters, where for the most part the console versions were fine, the PC versions were missing features that are necessities for PC games.

After how good the PC version of Max Payne 3 was I think you're insane to say the PC version will get the short end of the stick. Seems that Rockstar learnt their lesson and now put effort into PC, MP3 has a lot of graphical options and support for Dx11.

I look forward to playing GTA V with better graphics and a smooth 60 FPS. I just hope the gameplay isn't as clunky as IV.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By napalm

@Rebel_Scum said:

No source?

No hotdog!

Fuck you, I'm going to go buy my hotdogs from the store! And then grill them motherfuckers! In a pan! Asshole!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By napalm

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

I see this launching with the next Xbox. With low res versions on the PS3 and 360.

I think you mean, "high quality Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, and we upscaled some stuff for next gen consoles, and it'll probably look and run like shit, but whatever I guess."

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By turbomonkey138

There is a feint smell of fanboys in this thread. I thought it died out years ago as everyone knows that the console war was and still is completely retarded.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ShaggE

@turbomonkey138 said:

There is a feint smell of fanboys in this thread. I thought it died out years ago as everyone knows that the console war was and still is completely retarded.

Whenever two or more brands offer the same or similar services, there shall always be fanboys stomping their feet and screeching in a dangerously high register while slapping their keyboards in the hopes of forming insults.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Napalm said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

I think you mean, "high quality Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, and we upscaled some stuff for next gen consoles, and it'll probably look and run like shit, but whatever I guess."

No not at all. Just look at Burnout revenge on Xbox and Xbox 360

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By napalm

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Napalm said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Or just look at every other game that was released for the Xbox/PS2 and X360/PS3...

Bruh_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Bruh_Man

@Rebel_Scum said:

No source?

No hotdog!

How bout sammiches?

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Napalm said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Napalm said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Or just look at every other game that was released for the Xbox/PS2 and X360/PS3...

Huh? Like what, every game was vastly better on the 360 even if they were ports, better load time, graphics and sound. The PS3 ports were terrible because of the infrastructure of the PS3 hardware, were as the 360 was just a 2005 computer.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Rebel_Scum

@Napalm said:

@Rebel_Scum said:

No source?

No hotdog!

Fuck you, I'm going to go buy my hotdogs from the store! And then grill them motherfuckers! In a pan! Asshole!

Ahh but you forgot the sauce!

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By strainedeyes

@Rebel_Scum said:

@Napalm said:

@Rebel_Scum said:

No source?

No hotdog!

Ahh but you forgot the sauce!

Hotdog sauce?

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#75  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Makes sense for the comments about it ending up being better ports if it's ported 'from' the PS3. While porting between the 360 and pc is "easy" it leads to weird situations where the game has to go through extra work getting it on the ps3's architecture and I think that hampers porting overall, including the quality of the PC version because it ends up just being thrown onto the platform instead of lovely crafted for it again. When the game is made on the ps3 first it seems like the job porting it over to both the 360 and pc would have a larger focus since they work well together, and I can see it being an easier situation that will produce a better overall PC version for it.

Of course I'm talking out of my ass, frankly I don't give a shit. Rockstar makes good games, games I really enjoy and technically admire, I think I'll be playing the PC version of the game and I think they said it will be coming to all 3 platforms on the same date (if so I won't be surprised or sad if the PC version is a week or so behind) and I think their focus is on all three anyways, it's not like they just sloppily port the game around... it's being handed off to another Rockstar studio and it most definitely will have input from the game's main studio as it is developed and ported.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By NTM

I usually buy Rockstar games on PS3 anyways. It's what I got GTA4 on, and it just continued. I think I'd get Max Payne 3 on 360 though.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By NekuSakuraba

YouTube comments? That is where people get their information from now? =/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.