A new statue is on the beach after the latest patch?

#1 Edited by Krullban (1062 posts) -

Anybody know what this is about? Seems like a strange thing to suddenly add. Have they said anything about it?

#2 Edited by SomeJerk (3389 posts) -

It's based on the sculpture of Mandela, that's what I think at first glance.

Second glance.. how suddenly was this added?

#3 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

@somejerk said:

It's based on the sculpture of Mandela, that's what I think at first glance.

Second glance.. how suddenly was this added?

It was just added with the new patch. No mention of anything that I could find. Doesn't look like the Mandela Sculpture to me.

#4 Posted by Nasar7 (2795 posts) -

I don't know but it's really creepy.

#5 Edited by Nilazz (639 posts) -

Maybe connected to the whole UFO thingy?

#6 Posted by ShaggE (6699 posts) -

I don't have my 360 connected to the internets right now (need to get a Wifi adapter), so I ask: Does it show up in single player as well?

#7 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

@shagge said:

I don't have my 360 connected to the internets right now (need to get a Wifi adapter), so I ask: Does it show up in single player as well?

Yup, it's in singleplayer. It's massive.

#8 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4882 posts) -

Two possibilities exist:

1. Someone at Rockstar got drunk and decided to fuck around and add what looks like the wall crusher from Half-Life 2

2. It's groundwork for a future GTAV expansion

I honestly don't know which is more plausible with that monstrosity.

#9 Posted by Druminator (1687 posts) -

Someone said that the artist who created the original structure that was there before this one could have asked them to remove it because he wasn't credited for the work or something along those lines. It is an extremely eerie thing to replace it with though.

#10 Posted by thatdutchguy (1283 posts) -

Aliens.

#11 Posted by HatKing (6108 posts) -

I don't know, but it's making me want to load up GTAV for the first time in weeks.

#12 Posted by crithon (3441 posts) -

very Half Life 2 Combine design to it

#13 Posted by Jay_Ray (1127 posts) -

It's been planted there for future invasion purposes, move along humans, nothing to see here.

#14 Posted by mosespippy (4441 posts) -

Anyone got the patch notes? I saw that I downloaded the patch but I don't really want to play GTAO anymore unless it's had some changes that I can get behind.

#15 Edited by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

@mosespippy: They added the content creator so expect wacky race maps.

#16 Posted by mosespippy (4441 posts) -

@jimmyfenix: The only thing I want out of the creator is dirt bike races around the horse track. I suppose I can do that now. Maybe I will start it up.

#17 Edited by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

Jeez, that really is pretty damn ominous. Clearly this means we're getting our Silent Hill x Grand Theft Auto thing that we never knew we wanted!

...Seriously, sending Trevor to somewhere like Silent Hill sounds like the most terrifying thing imaginable. Nothing but mum incest symbolism and pyramid heads caked in clown makeup.

#18 Posted by Aetheldod (3723 posts) -

@crithon said:

very Half Life 2 Combine design to it

That is it!!!!!! Half Life 3 fuckin confirmed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.