Anyone else dislike the car mod system online?

#1 Posted by Kazona (3097 posts) -

For me it is, without a doubt, the most frustrating thing about the game. I can understand having to race to unlock mods but why oh why did they make it so you have to win?

Anyone got some tips for winning races? Because losing one race after another in an attempt to unlock mods is really getting on my nerves.

#2 Edited by KirkyX (138 posts) -

The cheat-y way is to pair up with a friend and just run short races, letting each other win. If you are unfortunate enough to have the kind of friends who insist on playing fair - like my own - the best advice I can give you is to keep trying to start your own races in whichever class it is you need. You probably won't get a full lobby, so there'll be less crashy bullshit. Do this enough, and you should get good enough at racing in the game that even in normal, full-lobby races, you'll be able to avoid most of the crashy bullshit and win. It'll still take a while, though, and you'll still occasionally lose for absolutely bullshit reasons.

If you're still deciding which class to race in, I'd go Sports. It's got the best range of cars, from the four-door Sultan - my main ride - to that Aston Martin V8 Vantage looking thing.

#3 Edited by Capum15 (5000 posts) -

I did the friends-trade-wins way of doing it (Criminal Records, one lap), and when we did that, motorcycles unlocked mods for every car class. I have no idea if it's been fixed though. But yeah, only having to do like 50 races total with motorcycles was nice.

#4 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

I just raced for real and won a lot. Just set-up your own races with custom cars off. I'd also turn catch-up off, so being actually good at racing will pay off. Some races are more technical than others, so knowing the track well will give you an advantage - like Dock Ring, my favorite track. First there's some tricky rails to drive over just right, then there's a tight corner by the sea, where foes might careen into the ocean, at the end it's a tricky mountain road with lots of chances of fucking up, crashing into on-coming traffic or spinning out.

I probably won 90% of times I played that track, just because most people are really shit at driving. My tip, get good ar racing motorcycles, set-up your own rooms on tracks you really know well - then take the suckers for all their money.

P.S. The Akuma is the strongest motorcycle. Not the Bati. Common misconception.

#5 Posted by Kazona (3097 posts) -

Thanks for the tips duders. I'm gonna try setting up my own races with motorcycles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.