So, as I stare at my desktop, I start to wonder if I've been excited for this games,. at all. I mean, I have the wallpaper, so I must be excited, right? I've been reading EDGE Magazine, and Game Informer articles for the last couple of months, and I've start to get pretty worried about this game. When I buy games, I play the whole thing, multiplayer and all. I never stay on the multiplayer for long, as I'm usually doing school stuff anyway, or just moving on to new games. To be clear, I used to have a 360, but it red ringed. I have a PS3 now, and I'm currently saving up for a Xbox ∞. You might of seen my posts, being annoying about the new Xbox, and all that next-gen stuff. But this is almost mostly about GTA.
I mean, the things I'm actually worried about this game are kind of the most obvious things.
- The framerate is not going to be that great. Its going to chug sometimes.
- The load times are gonna be weird, kind of.
- Multiplayer: is gonna be a lot like Red Dead and GTA IV, big for like 3 days, a week at most
- Multiplayer won't be that great anyway, i.e. Capture The Stash and drive back all the way across town
- Controls might be weird, mostly have issues with the target reticle and the dead zone
- Mowing down people might look weird, health bars on everyone might look weird,
- Running animations might look weird
- Falling animation, into ragdoll physics (Well crashing can be fun sometimes, flying 100 feet.)
- Voice acting while driving might be weird, i.e. running around, catching fire, and then trying to jump into a car
- Car physics, handling might be about the same
- Xbox Exclusive DLC
I know this might all sound like complaining, I'm just worried Rockstar doesn't give a fuck about what the gamer really wants, and they're really telling us what want. E.g. You want GTA, so here. I'm worried that GTA is not going to stand up high enough to Next-Gen standards. I mean, the Next-Gens will be That new right? So, I mean that much better than current Gen, its only by a couple of months.
I mean the point is that, I believe that Next-Gen is really gonna bring better matchmaking, cooler physics, and better explosions. Not just better graphics or that good shit. I bring up PC though, because PC won't really notice any of this stuff, PC people will just buy it whenever, not having to worry about low-res shadows. I.e. Looking for a pigeon under the bridge.
I'm worried about the podcaster rumors that game companies will just re-release games on Next-Gen stuff. But Dammit, Rockstar has said time and time again, that GTA is made for current gen, and they're just not thinking about Next Gen GTA.
Ubisoft caters to what the people want, releasing games on both generations, and will roll with the punches on whatever DRM the console manufacturers decide on. It'd be way easier if Xbox would just implement a, 'Steam-Key,' like system. I just don't see it happening. I see a shit storm coming, and the consumer is gonna face the brunt of it, when all I wanna do is play some damn good games, multiplayer with all the best social messaging features and all.