Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Can I listen to podcasts with the in-game radio?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Apparently there's custom soundtracks in GTA V. I've never used the feature in any game. If so, I'd be able to listen to the BombCast and such on my in-game car radio. I'd flippin' love that.

So is this a thing I can do in GTA V? Or am I on the wrong track?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Capum15

Just looked up the radio stations; I didn't see anything pertaining to custom stations for V.

IV had Independence FM for the PC, which was my favorite thing ever. Kinda sucks if they leave it out of the consoles, but the PC version hopefully should have it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I don't think it will work like you're thinking it will, but on Xbox 360 (not sure which platform you're playing on) you can always play your own music instead of the in-game soundtrack. I bet it will just constantly play whether you're in a vehicle or not, though. Try it out.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

I'd really like to know how you can get custom soundtracks in GTA V, 'cause the regular radio is terrible. And by terrible, I mean that it's full of stuff that I really don't like. Honestly, it seems like they just scrolled through someone's iPod and picked some stuff according to their tastes, instead of having a classical station, a rap station, a metal station, an alternative rock station, etc.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

I don't think it will work like you're thinking it will, but on Xbox 360 (not sure which platform you're playing on) you can always play your own music instead of the in-game soundtrack. I bet it will just constantly play whether you're in a vehicle or not, though. Try it out.

Ah for shame. Thought I read something about a custom radio station in GTA V. Must have been GTA IV then.

I'd really like to know how you can get custom soundtracks in GTA V, 'cause the regular radio is terrible. And by terrible, I mean that it's full of stuff that I really don't like. Honestly, it seems like they just scrolled through someone's iPod and picked some stuff according to their tastes, instead of having a classical station, a rap station, a metal station, an alternative rock station, etc.

While I don't find the radio all too bad, in fact I enjoy most of it, it's really lacking in diversity. Wonder if that's some data mining statistics thing, where-in it is known, that only like 1% of people actually listen to classic music or jazz whilst playing GTA IV. It sure would have been nice for those things to be there regardless.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: I bet the number of people who like to listen to classical music or jazz while playing a game like GTA V is way, way lower than 1%. Probably .01% or somewhere in that neighborhood...you really can't fault Rockstar for not including every genre of music...don't you think it's a tad bit unreasonable to expect a Classical station?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mb: Hell no it's not unreasonable. If Saints Row IV can find an excuse to have one that's not only classical music but complete readings of shakespeare then GTA V should be able to find a way to make it good too.

If/when this comes to PC you can just alt tab and play whatever you want.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463: I thought it was a standard feature on 360 that you can play any music you want instead of the in-game music if you have it on a USB drive or ripped to your hard drive...you can even locally stream music to the 360 from various sources. No need to wait for the PC version.

I always saw the Shakespeare/Classical stuff in Saints Row as a joke, and thought no one ever listened to it.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was the PC version you'd be able to dump your podcasts and favorite songs into the Documents folder of the game, and then play them through the ingame car radio...

I miss playing on PC, I feel stripped down and restricted on this PS3 :'( Fucking Rockstar doing this shit to me.. Gotta keep playing though. Gotta keep playing.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@crusader8463: I thought it was a standard feature on 360 that you can play any music you want instead of the in-game music if you have it on a USB drive or ripped to your hard drive...you can even locally stream music to the 360 from various sources. No need to wait for the PC version.

I always saw the Shakespeare/Classical stuff in Saints Row as a joke, and thought no one ever listened to it.

True story: I know several people who would play GTA3 and would listen to nothing but the classical station.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The classical station was my favourite in GTA 3 :(

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mb: Hell, I listened to the classical station almost all the time. That shit's the best for rampaging.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@alexw00d said:

The classical station was my favourite in GTA 3 :(

It was the absolute best for Saints Row IV, too.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seppli

@mb said:

@seppli: I bet the number of people who like to listen to classical music or jazz while playing a game like GTA V is way, way lower than 1%. Probably .01% or somewhere in that neighborhood...you really can't fault Rockstar for not including every genre of music...don't you think it's a tad bit unreasonable to expect a Classical station?

Past entries into the franchise always had jazz and classical music radio stations. I'm not saying I'm in the 1% of folks listening to such a thing all too often, but given the franchise's record in this regard - no, it's not unreasonable to expect more diversity in its radio stations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.