Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Character deletion bug still exists?

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I'm getting a similar response from the game as back at launch when it was deleting progress, say it ain't so?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I never had a character deleted, but I always exit the online via the option in the pause menu, which is what they said to do in the beginning to avoid the bug. Maybe it fucks up if you try switching to a single player character or by shutting off the game. Or maybe it has to do with your autosave settings.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

No it's none of those. Back at launch the game was making online characters vanish if you tried to get online while the servers were bugging out. Much like then I was trying to get on and the game was dropping me to single player, trying again brought up a notification telling me that if I wanted to edit my appearance, this was the time.

I'm pretty sure if I'd said yes that my progress would have been wiped as that was one of the ways to have it happen at launch.

Fortunately I managed to get on early this morning although as I've said to them, an event where I can't get on most of the time and have the threat of wiped progress (and that when finally on fails to drop the supposedly special crates) is a failure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.