Curse of the [expletive]y red car.

#1 Posted by Devil240Z (3350 posts) -

Thats SHITTY red car to you no swears in titles nazis... Okay early in the game michael had a nice audi lookin car. then it got switched for a shitty red sedan. I even went so far as to buy an expensive car for him and its usually in his garage but every time I switch to him he is always near that shitty red car, at his house out in the world it follows him everywhere! is there anyway to get rid of it and switch it for something better?

I think I read that some of the car stuff is bugged maybe thats it? I have tried to kill this car many times. Blowing it up, driving it into a lake, burning it, nothing will kill this damn car.

#2 Posted by OGinOR (314 posts) -

That's his wife's car...

#3 Posted by Elwoodan (829 posts) -

yea each character has a 'signature' car which is always with them (like Trevor's truck or that white 4 door Franklin drives), won't get impounded, etc. Mike does start with that nice car but after Jimmy takes it when he moves out your stuck with what I would assume is his wife's car (I think the one with the 'Kr1stal' license plate is his daughter's) the fact that it is kinda shitty is part of the joke.

#4 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5013 posts) -

Character's cars always come back, upgrades to the cars are permanent so upgrade it if you dont like it.

#5 Posted by Pr1mus (3904 posts) -

You can tell Michael doesn't like the car either because most of the time it isn't even parked in his driveway.

#6 Posted by Devil240Z (3350 posts) -

oh fuck I totally didn't think of that.

#7 Posted by GreggD (4505 posts) -

Character's cars always come back, upgrades to the cars are permanent so upgrade it if you dont like it.

I tuned the fuck out of it, and painted it blue. Now when it shifts, you can hear the turbo charger. I love it.

#8 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3359 posts) -

Amanda's car appears briefly in the middle of the story after the family leaves. I believe the son emails Michael telling him he took his car for a few days and will return it back later.

#9 Posted by jimmyfenix (3854 posts) -

@greggd said:

@bigjeffrey said:

I tuned the fuck out of it, and painted it blue. Now when it shifts, you can hear the turbo charger. I love it.

I did not know this....well here i come Los santos customs!

#10 Edited by believer258 (11895 posts) -
#11 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3359 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@i_stay_puft: SPOILERS, DUDE!

I think Amanda driving a red car is a bigger spoiler here. Still my apologies.

#12 Posted by Mr_Misery (258 posts) -

I tuned all of the signature cars but Trevor's truck went back to normal:(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.