Did they ever put out any heists for the online stuff

#1 Edited by indieslaw (346 posts) -

I remember them talking about it pre-launch, but I haven't heard if it ever made it in to the game.

#2 Posted by GunstarRed (5186 posts) -

Nope, not yet.

#3 Edited by IIGrayFoxII (304 posts) -

As GunstarRed has already mentioned, no they have not. So far they have added the following:

• Business Update - Business themed weapons, planes, cars, hair styles, clothing, tattoos, etc.
  • Valentines Day Massacre Update - 1920's gangster themed weapons, cars, hair styles, clothing, tattoos, etc. (holiday specific, no longer available)
  • Content Creator Beta - You can create your own races, deathmatches, etc.
  • Beach Bum Update - Beach themed weapons, cars, hair styles, clothing, tattoos, etc.

They have also patched it, so some of the interface is different and they have added new game types (similar to capture the flag, king of the hill, etc) and new playlists.

Though I don't know if you have seen some of the higher level missions, but a lot of them do act like a heist. I have hacked computers and terminals, cracked safes and done multi-tiered missions that are very heist like.

#4 Posted by spraynardtatum (2959 posts) -

I have a feeling that people will need to pay for the heist DLC stuff.

#5 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1012 posts) -

@spraynardtatum: Is there enough people playing it for that to be viable?

#6 Posted by spraynardtatum (2959 posts) -
#7 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (655 posts) -

It seems the best you can do for now is create your own heists.

#8 Edited by JJBSterling (188 posts) -

I had stopped playing GTA Online a while ago, I figure my group of friends will return to it at some point, but that's crazy that they haven't added the heists yet.

#9 Edited by Yummylee (21652 posts) -

Holy shit this game came out in September didn't it... Jeez. It happens so often, but I'm always taken aback amidst every moment of realisation at how fast time flies.

#10 Edited by BisonHero (6531 posts) -

Man, I was just thinking of making this thread a day or two ago. I really would've thought that they'd have added more content by this point.

GTA V multiplayer seems like a cool mode for a "make your own fun" kind of thing (which the main game has moved away from to some extent now that a 5-star wanted level isn't quite as crazy as it used to be and you die to cops so easily). Still, kinda sucks that they're dropping the ball on adding interesting scripted missions to the multiplayer.

#11 Posted by MB (12415 posts) -

They had a window and missed it. I had fun with GTAV but at least half of the reason I bought that game was for GTA Online, and heists specifically. I should have known better than to assume that it was going to work, especially coming from Rockstar. I'll just have to remember that for their future games.

#12 Posted by Nodima (1203 posts) -

As GunstarRed has already mentioned, no they have not. So far they have added the following:

• Business Update - Business themed weapons, planes, cars, hair styles, clothing, tattoos, etc.
  • Valentines Day Massacre Update - 1920's gangster themed weapons, cars, hair styles, clothing, tattoos, etc. (holiday specific, no longer available)
  • Content Creator Beta - You can create your own races, deathmatches, etc.
  • Beach Bum Update - Beach themed weapons, cars, hair styles, clothing, tattoos, etc.

They have also patched it, so some of the interface is different and they have added new game types (similar to capture the flag, king of the hill, etc) and new playlists.

Though I don't know if you have seen some of the higher level missions, but a lot of them do act like a heist. I have hacked computers and terminals, cracked safes and done multi-tiered missions that are very heist like.

They also did that awesome snow map on Christmas Day, the only shame was it didn't go on for longer so folks like me who get wrapped up in family for the entire day could have more time to mess with it.

#13 Posted by indieslaw (346 posts) -

@iigrayfoxii: Thanks for the info, man! I actually might fire this back up to look at the content creator stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.