Disgruntled Rockstar employee leaks the map. 100% Serious!

• 75 results
#1 Edited by BlameGamer (80 posts) -

So what do you think?

Legit?

Troll?

This seems to be most believable leak I've seen.

#2 Posted by alternate (2696 posts) -

Real or not - too vague to give a shit either way.

#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

It seems a little strange he would attach a hashtag to those updates, and it seems even weirder that he would make it so obvious he worked for Rockstar. Anyway, the map could be legit, I s'pose, It looks like a quick snapspot of a computer screen of some sort, though it doesn't look like there are many roadways on there, so it's hard to get a feel for how big it is.

#4 Posted by SuperSambo (2860 posts) -

Yeah, i don't see any new info in this at all.

Surely in two weeks and a guy resigns they'll know who leaked it?

Calling fake on this one.

#5 Posted by DeeGee (2121 posts) -

Fake for sure. Nobody is stupid enough to give themselves away like this.

#6 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

It really doesn't show anything important. It's already known from SA where Vinewood is in LS and this map really doesn't show much more than that. If he was legit, I don't see why he couldn't press print screen instead of using his cell phone.

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Either fake or or viral marketing. I'd imagine Rockstar would have more of a wrap on this sort of thing, so I don't think it's a legit leak.

#8 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Does anyone else think that the bottom left part of the picture looks like someone brushed it? I don't believe a word.

#9 Posted by DystopiaX (5300 posts) -

Probably fake, but it doesn't tell us anything.

#10 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

It's just a map.

#11 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

Awww man now I know the map is grey, what the fuck spoilers

#12 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

I don't see why this is important.

#13 Posted by Impossibilium (684 posts) -

Looks likely to be legitimate but it's so empty of detail that it wasn't even worth bothering to do.

#14 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

It sure is a map, and a blurry one at that.

Anyway he clearly is a liar.

#15 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

A real employee would have signed an NDA. You can't just leak that shit on your twitter.

#16 Posted by Stingraymond (85 posts) -

Legit and useless.

#17 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

It sure is too blurry for me to give a crap about.

#18 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Even if it was real, it's not much of a leak.

#19 Posted by Hector (3359 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

A real employee would have signed an NDA. You can't just leak that shit on your twitter.

#20 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4719 posts) -

Well technically you can, if you wanted to be a dick to your employer.

#21 Posted by Daiphyer (1334 posts) -

Only because they are laws, doesn't mean you can't break them. (Or something like that)

And is it just me, or those grey areas look a lot like MS paint brushes?

#22 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Trying to delete something off the internet is pretty damn foolish especially when it's tied to a big name franchise like GTA5. So many people will repost it out that once it's online it's fate is pretty much sealed.

#23 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Even if it was legit -- what would be the point? That is pretty useless information. No real detail at all, seems like if you were going to do something like this you would leak something more important.

#24 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@Daiphyer:

@KingWilly:

Yeah, you always could, if you don't mind being sued.

#25 Posted by Loyal_Dragoon (118 posts) -

@Daiphyer said:

Only because they are laws, doesn't mean you can't break them. (Or something like that)

And is it just me, or those grey areas look a lot like MS paint brushes?

The grey areas do look a little suspicious. Especially the one on the bottom of the map.

#26 Posted by Hameyadea (347 posts) -

Fake! Heck, it might be just the Los Santos area from San Andreas slightly photoshopped.

#27 Posted by Melamed (8 posts) -

If it is not fake ( i am guessing it probably is), then it kinda proves there will be SF and LV in the game. Why would you need to put up a big "LOS SANTOS" sign in the middle of the map if it is the only major location?

#28 Posted by SSully (4162 posts) -

Its a fake twitter account he made. So he thinks he would get away with it.

Also it looks like bullshit to me, and even if it was real no one cares, its just a map.

#29 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

It looks like the aerial view of Los Angeles so whatever.

#30 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

That would be the worst thing to never get hired again over. FAKE.

#31 Posted by soiledsanchez (75 posts) -

@xobballox: oh you mean like a map showing that the game is only taking place in a revamped Los Santos instead of the whole state of San Andreas like everyone seems to believe it will, yea thats not important at all :|

#32 Posted by BBQBram (2225 posts) -

Hey guys, I thought Hollywood was to the north-west of downtown LA? That's what LA Noire told me.

#33 Posted by Rowr (5540 posts) -

What a load of balls.

#34 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

Barely shows anything. This is not news.

#35 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Fake, looks like the guy took the LA Noire map blurred it up a bit and wrote Los Santos among other things over the top of it.

#36 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

@Hector said:

Not all employees sign NDA. Since its a cell phone pic it could have been anyone just walking by.

Also the bottom does look brushed but might have been to cover up something...who knows. But anyways its just a map of a game they already announced no big deal. If it is real I do like this employees style, go out with a bang. And get your unemployment when the end up firing you, lol.

#37 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

Probably fake.  If he wanted to quit and leak stuff, why wait until right after they announce the game and where it takes place?  Only after everyone knows where the game is does he put up an image of a map with those places on it.

#38 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

That's a dumb way to get back at a company, if it is real that is. All this will do is raise awareness for the game.

#39 Posted by dudeglove (7758 posts) -

@KingWilly said:

Well technically you can, if you wanted to be a dick to your employer.

Legally speaking it's extremely unwise.

#40 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

SPOILARZ GAWSH!

#41 Posted by dudeglove (7758 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

SPOILARZ GAWSH!

WE'RE ON THE FRONT LINE DON'T TELL ANYONE

#42 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

Total bullshit. No one would leak something and then give themselves away by saying "I resign in two weeks." Yeah right, like no one would catch on.

#43 Posted by supermike6 (3557 posts) -

HOLY SHIT IT'S A CITY. WITH HIGHWAYS.

OMG

#44 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@Anwar said:

This is like saying it's illegal to kill anyone and there is police to stop that. You can't just shoot anyone with a gun.

Who takes a statement like that and takes it completely literal? Of course he CAN do whatever he wants. I'm just saying it's unwise to do if you leave yourself open to being caught.

If you're outside on a hot day and someone turns to you and says, "Damn, this heat is killing me." Do you instantly run over and check their pulse?

Goddamn it, internet.

#45 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Damn what a leak he just gave away everything.

#46 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -

oh no... 

a map.  

#47 Posted by Jimbo (9800 posts) -
#48 Posted by soiledsanchez (75 posts) -

lmao i love you

#49 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

You can clearly see that it's been photoshopped. I hate to be the "I can tell by the pixels" guy but you can see how sloppy the brush work is in the first picture. Probably just copied a real map of the area, brushed out the parts that wouldn't have to do with it, and took a photo of his monitor. Calling fake on this.

#50 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1190 posts) -

@Kyle said:

Total bullshit. No one would leak something and then give themselves away by saying "I resign in two weeks." Yeah right, like no one would catch on.

Wouldn't they already be given away? Wouldn't the company know their own employees twitter? But your probably right anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.