Do you think Rockstar will ridicule E3 IN GTA 5?

#1 Posted by Masha2932 (1237 posts) -

From the GTA 5 trailer and subsequent confirmation from Rockstar it is clear the next game will be set in fictional Los Angeles. With that in mind, do you think Rockstar will ridicule E3? Will there be a mission at the LA convention centre with fake video game posters? 

What do you guys think and what would you like to see if there was an E3 focused mission in the game?

#2 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

Have they ever displayed any vitriol towards E3 in the past? If not, I don't see why they'd start now.

#3 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Eliminate all Nintendo fans with stealth kills, and take out the primary target dressed in a Mario costume with a headshot to the M.

I think they may pass light commentary on it with a poster or two.

#4 Posted by CptBedlam (4438 posts) -

Yeah why not. I think that's a cool idea.

#5 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

It would be neat if there was a gag or two about it, but anything too drawn out or explicit would seem weird.

#6 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Maybe they'll take a stab at Jack Thompson's challenge to make a game where you go on a killing spree at E3.

#7 Posted by mosespippy (3725 posts) -

@sickVisionz: Rockstar doesn't participate much in E3. I don't think a GTA game has been shown there since GTA3. During the E3 before San Andreas was released they released screenshots of the LA Convention Center in San Andreas with CJ on a bike in the foreground. It's a subtle nudge nudge wink wink at E3. Them releasing screenshots and the reveal that there would be bicycles was enough to make the gaming news without having to actually attend E3 and still get E3 coverage.

At the very least the LA Convention Center will be in the game.

#8 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

No, but in some of the VO script stuff that leaked from the game they did have a character in there who was described as living in a basement and playing military shooters all day.

#9 Posted by AngelN7 (2959 posts) -

It´d be kinda cool if they do a radio news about it or some kind of gag but I doubt something like that even gets done into a mission but who knows.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.