Do you want co-op?

#1 Posted by Dooops (227 posts) -

I would LOVE to see a Rockstar game where they really put effort into making cooperative missions. As I am sure most of you will agree, GTA missions become very repetitive after a while. I was thinking that the addition of a friend helping you on the missions would open up a window for more varied missions. Examples. The mission is to steal something from a building. Only one player is allowed inside and the other has to be the getaway driver. However, have it scripted so that when the player takes the object that needs to be stolen, there are security gates that go down but make it random. Where the person might have to exit from 3 or 4 different building exits depending on which gates close. So the getaway driver has to pick up the guy exiting the building on a whim. Make it even more interesting... during the chase you have one guy steal a train and this person has to time it so that he drives the train accross a railroad crossing letting the getaway car through but smashing into or blocking the cops chasing the car... oh oh .. and then .. you have a 4th coop player that had to steal a boat and he has to pick you up on a beach somewhere and lose the cops that way. *wipes drool off face* So yeah ... I think having your friends play parts in missions would be a great addition to the GTA series.

#2 Posted by Neferon (262 posts) -

I think that like with bacon, everything's better with co-op :)

#3 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Sure, the Co-op in SA was pretty good.

#4 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Nope.

#5 Posted by Village_Guy (2480 posts) -

A separate co-op mode aside from the singleplayer could be good, also just roaming around the world with a friend or two would be awesome.

#6 Posted by hughesie27 (190 posts) -

I think it could work really well. With one or 2 guys having to rob a bank while others fend off the police outside....

#7 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

I don't want it/need it but I don't see anything bad in co-op.

#8 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Yes. Something like the party mode from IV but integrated a little better. Some co-op missions would also be great.

#9 Posted by AlexW00d (6168 posts) -

I like the way you described it, but just shitty regular co-op where you both just do the same thing would be boring.

#10 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

drop-in/drop-out co-op like Crackdown had would be awesome. I suspect we'll get something like RDR's free roam mode, as well.

#11 Posted by AlfredCapone (164 posts) -

Sure.

#12 Posted by Oddface (85 posts) -

It should be its own mode. I want GTA co-op, but I don't want it to affect with the quality of the single-player experience.

#13 Posted by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

No, I play GTA for the solo experience. Multiplayer from GTA4 never touched and same for co-op so I guess as long as it doesn't take away from the solo experience, then go ahead

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.