Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Does anybody else have problems actually playing online?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Krullban

I can never even get into a lobby with other people, I'm always just by myself every single time or with 2 other people. And playing jobs or death match or races is impossible because nobody ever shows up, it's just me. I tried for 2 hours to play anything and when I thought I finally found a death match. Nope it was 1 vs 1.

Is it because I use freeaim? I can't handle playing this game with auto aim. It makes the shooting shit.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

I decided to give online a try recently and from what I can tell you HAVE to be part of an active crew to get anything out of the online portions of GTA V. I found the vast majority of it boring and only really enjoyed the races. The best way to find active lobbies is to do a quick random job from what I can tell, other than that I have no idea. I doubt I'll return to it, I was excited for GTA Online but I find it hard to have fun with especially with the awful 12 year old players using mics and surprising amount of loading times. I think I'd be happy sticking with single player for my GTA kicks. It was an interesting experience though.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I decided to give online a try recently and from what I can tell you HAVE to be part of an active crew to get anything out of the online portions of GTA V. I found the vast majority of it boring and only really enjoyed the races. The best way to find active lobbies is to do a quick random job from what I can tell, other than that I have no idea. I doubt I'll return to it, I was excited for GTA Online but I find it hard to have fun with especially with the awful 12 year old players using mics and surprising amount of loading times. I think I'd be happy sticking with single player for my GTA kicks. It was an interesting experience though.

I've tried so many quick jobs, but it just throws me in by myself everytime.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Did it break again?

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a lot during the holidays and into januari on ps4 when I didn't have anything else to play, I picked up my old character though and being part of a crew helps I guess, GB has a couple of crews running so check the forums for those although I'm not sure they are still verry active. I actually only did missions or races though so it could be no one wants to play death matches?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@krullban: Yes, it is because you are using freeaim. You're getting match-made with the other <1% of players that use freeaim. I use freeaim for single player and lock on for multiplayer because of this.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: That's stupid. I find the game borderline unplayable with auto aim on. Especially in multi-player.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: To me the multiplayer isn't supposed to be played like a shooter. It's way less about who's better at aiming than any other shooter. It's more about reading the environment and strategizing where your kills are gonna happen and avoiding the areas where you're gonna get capped. Whoever is most efficient at working the combat areas and finding the kills is gonna win.

That said, I didn't do much PVP combat myself. I did some of the co-op missions, a lot of racing, and I went from level 82 to 100 just doing parachuting solo. Now that I have all the trophies whenever I play it's just to buy whatever clothes have been added in the latest patch and to go exploring on a BMX and try to bust out cool tricks.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: To me the multiplayer isn't supposed to be played like a shooter. It's way less about who's better at aiming than any other shooter. It's more about reading the environment and strategizing where your kills are gonna happen and avoiding the areas where you're gonna get capped. Whoever is most efficient at working the combat areas and finding the kills is gonna win.

That said, I didn't do much PVP combat myself. I did some of the co-op missions, a lot of racing, and I went from level 82 to 100 just doing parachuting solo. Now that I have all the trophies whenever I play it's just to buy whatever clothes have been added in the latest patch and to go exploring on a BMX and try to bust out cool tricks.

I don't agree. I just can't have fun when there is such massive autoaim. And I've always felt like people have massively exaggerated about the games shooting being bad, because to me it feels fantastic with free aim, and like a perfectly fine TPS, and like absolute shit with autoaim on.

When I try to play the game with autoaim on, I'm just standing there and pulling both triggers mindlessly until everything is dead, but with free aim it feels like a perfectly acceptable third person shooter with firefights that are actually fun and interesting.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: Yeah, the free aim is perfectly fine as far as TPS games go, but if you're using it then you're probably also being slow and methodical, which means using the clunky and slow cover system.

None of this would be an issue if match making could actually fill a lobby. With tens of millions of copies sold there are likely over a million daily players. Even if <1% are using free aim that should still be enough to fill a lobby. Hell, it only half fills lobbies when in auto aim servers. There is no acceptable reason for them to not be able to fill a lobby.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.