Giant Bomb Crew GTA: Online Meet-up Thread

#1 Edited by Baillie (4173 posts) -

I uh, didn't know where to request dudes to come play with me on GTA: Online, so I thought I'd make this thread to somehow make arrangements to play. I could even use this to set up timely events!

So, before I delve into any of that... Does anyone want to come play just now? :)

#2 Posted by HurricaneIvan29 (582 posts) -

Gonna be online later attempting to land an airplane onto a driving engine...

#3 Edited by Baillie (4173 posts) -
#4 Edited by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

Good to see some one made a forum about this. I was going to make a forum about it but couldn't get around doing it.

I am on PS3 and i am on most days 3 PM - 10 PM UK time if University doesn't get the better of me.

EDIT - I will be getting a mic either tomorrow or Tuesday.

#5 Posted by KirillOrlov (223 posts) -
#6 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

I had fun playing today will be on later. I think we should schedule timely events for meet ups in GTA online so we can play playlists and other modes together.

#7 Posted by KirePDX (69 posts) -

Just adding on to this, I will likely be playing tonight, Oct. 8, around 7:00 CST (U.S.) on 360. I tried to join the unofficial crew, but am not sure i got it. My GT is Kire PDX . I'm only level 4 or so, and still trying to figure the game out, but it'd be great to get a group together.

#8 Edited by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Uh, I'm on 360, my GT is the same as my username here. If i'm on feel free to send invites and stuff and ill jump in!

#9 Posted by darkvare (766 posts) -

i'm on ps3 as donvarone i play from around 3 to 4 pm central time hit me up

#10 Posted by Humanity (9261 posts) -

Uh, I'm on 360, my GT is the same as my username here. If i'm on feel free to send invites and stuff and ill jump in!

Ive.... seen you around.

#11 Edited by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

Im all about races. If you're on later tonight I might be hosting some races. I'll mass invite everyone on PS3 crew. Its going to be late though like 11:30pm EST before I jump on as I want to check out Beyond before the night is out.

#12 Posted by Basm321 (196 posts) -

Xbox 360

Free Aim Mode

GamerTag: NonSequitur

I'm up for doing anything, but am most interested in coop type missions and teaming up to gank players in the open world.

It's all about the knife!

#13 Edited by Coafi (1488 posts) -

I'm gonna be in a lobby all night, doing races/ missions/ survival stuff. I'll be sending out mass invites to the GB crew.

My PSN id is Jlodla

Feel free to join! GLHB!

#14 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

@humanity said:

@clonedzero said:

Ive.... seen you around.

Is that good...? My mic's cord is frayed so i can't talky talk with people but I've been trying to be coolw ith duders!

#15 Edited by Skyrider (351 posts) -

First off, to any fellow Canadian Duders, Happy Thanksgiving! With Monday being a holiday I shall be online for most of the day (and perhaps later tonight). Or attempting to be online, as I've been having connection issues with PSN. But I shall try all day Monday regardless! I have a mic too, so feel free to yell at me.

Edit: And because I'm a moron and forgot my PSN ID, it's mod-n-dash

#16 Posted by Capum15 (4901 posts) -

Seeing as "join crew members" only works some of the time, I'd be up for invites whenever I'm on.

Xbox Live tag is Capum15Returns

Might be jumping between a personal friends crew and the GB crew but I'd be up for running with GB guys.

#17 Edited by ATLFalconsfan (47 posts) -

I usually play at night. So add me, my PSN is CWEBB04z.

#18 Posted by SeanCoughing (269 posts) -

Looking for someone to play with and possibly grind some races on that 30 second course. My PSN is SeanCoughing and I'm still looking to get into the GiantBomb crew if anyone could invite me or something. I usually play at night (mountain standard time).

#19 Posted by Crash_Happy (697 posts) -

@seancoughing: I'll keep an eye out for you, need some car mods unlocked myself.

#20 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

Count me in!
Gamertag: Angreleperkan. Feel free to add me!

#21 Posted by SeanCoughing (269 posts) -

@skyrider: good times playing with you guys last night, still wish I was in the official giant bomb crew!

#22 Posted by Skyrider (351 posts) -

@seancoughing: Most definitely, twas a lot of fun! I still can't figure out how to fire rockets in GTA races.

I imagine more space in the crew will open up soon enough, as at least to me there seems to be a fair amount of inactive crew members (I base this on my troubles finding sessions to join with crew members).

#23 Posted by Coafi (1488 posts) -

@skyrider said:

@seancoughing: Most definitely, twas a lot of fun! I still can't figure out how to fire rockets in GTA races.

I imagine more space in the crew will open up soon enough, as at least to me there seems to be a fair amount of inactive crew members (I base this on my troubles finding sessions to join with crew members).

You honk the horn!

#24 Edited by Skyrider (351 posts) -

@coafi said:

@skyrider said:

You honk the horn!

Seriously? Wow, I guess I somehow managed to only honk my horn when I didn't have any power ups. XD

#25 Posted by Optix12 (615 posts) -

any 360 dudes wishing to do some custom playlists around 7pm-11pm UK time? gamertag: Optix21

#26 Posted by Humanity (9261 posts) -

Attention @mrmojo77 - if that was in fact you that I was racing with today - that last race which started at the pier and ended on the pier was some hot Fast and the Furious, NOS, too early kid, style bullshit. I thought about maybe weaving at that very last bit on the pier to block you but I thought NAWW he's inching very slowly closer but not enough time to overtake me - then you FLY past me at twice my already maxed top speed.. I mean good job on the win, but oh man gotta be honest I got a little angry there for a second lol.

#27 Posted by Baillie (4173 posts) -

Anyone want to come play the Xbox 360 version? I have an 8-player job that sounds interesting, and I also want to get 16 dudes on my bus. I BOUGHT A BUS AND NO ONE WANTS TO COME ON IT :(

Same with the Titan! I promise, I won't rig a C4 onto the bottom of the bus and reenact Speed.

#28 Posted by SeanCoughing (269 posts) -

Man I stand no chance in any races anymore now that everyone has upgraded super cars! Anyone still need to trade races or would be willing to help me out? My PSN is SeanCoughing help me make races competitive again please!

#29 Edited by Skyrider (351 posts) -

@seancoughing: A day late, but I'm up for that if I see you online. To any other duders looking to group up for whatever, I'll be online tonight (PSN: mod-n-dash) and probably a bunch of tomorrow now that I actually have time to play. I'm just excited to get back on the grind, as it were.

#30 Edited by laserguy (444 posts) -

@baillie: you bought a bus? I want on. fasterzombie on 360 lets crewup

#31 Posted by SeanCoughing (269 posts) -

@skyrider: cool man seems like we just miss each other online but I will hit you up next time we're both on.

#32 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1053 posts) -

@baillie said:
I promise, I won't rig a C4 onto the bottom of the bus and reenact Speed.

Good.... you are reenacting Swordfish then right?

#33 Edited by Coafi (1488 posts) -

Kifflom, I am online now roaming Los Santos all by myself. You can find me skydiving with this PSN id: Jlodla.

#34 Edited by Coafi (1488 posts) -

Anyone playing tonight?! I checked the crew list yesterday and no one was playing. Looks like everyone moved on to some other game.

#35 Posted by Skyrider (351 posts) -

@coafi: I sure hope everyone hasn't in fact moved on, because I still mostly just want to play this. XD But yeah, I just finished playing for the day and I didn't see anyone in the crew online when I checked. It's to be expected I suppose, what with BF4 and AC4. I've been settling for random race lobbies since I haven't been able to get into any sessions with people from the crew.

#36 Edited by Mercer (204 posts) -

MercerB on PSN. Friend me up if you want.

#38 Posted by HurricaneIvan29 (582 posts) -

I'm online if anyone wants to tag up and get cray cray............ yeah........

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.